08-04-11 01:18 PM
47 12
tools
    Sounds like it's only with new 2 year contract not upgrade...
    That is correct.

via Nexus S 4G
    08-03-11 01:56 PM
    Honestly this is pure bull****! goes to show that no one knows nothing but the carriers and rim. All this "it's field testing" & "my sources" this and that. I truly believe rim is not on top of their game with this. Before someone comes jumping down my throat(like I care) look at other manufactures. Apple announce something and then boom, you have it. Htc(who makes quality products) announces a device and then boom, in stores. Samsung(who I freaking despise with a sick passion) announced an all carrier launch and the phones were out. So yea, fall is not cool at all. If I here vzw will pull it first I'm gone!

Those manufactures announced and released flagship devices!
    Last edited by JUSTQUAN2; 08-03-11 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention...
    08-03-11 03:09 PM
    Wow Sprint. I was hoping that they'd go against tradition and just release the phone sooner rather than later. But that was too much to hope with Sprint.

I'd love to say I was surprised by this, but I'm not surprised at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 03:18 PM
    Sprints Upcoming End of Line/Life Listing Sprintfeed

Style: July/August
    Bold: September
    Curve: September

Expect a release soon. Judging the fact that tonight a few Americans will be coming back to the USA with a AT&T Sprint US. Cellular T-Mobile handset.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    Fan night details.. "Reading over the Terms and Conditions in the contest section states: There are forty (40) prize packs available to be won (each a Prize). Each Prize includes: (i) one (1) BlackBerry OS 7 smartphone device to be selected at the Event by the Winner and shipped to the Winner once available for sale in Canada; (ii) three (3) BlackBerry prize packs which include BlackBerry branded merchandise and (iii) three (3) total tickets one (1) for the Winner and up to two (2) guests to the Event. The approximate retail value of each Prize is USD$650.00.

FAN NIGHT
    bhavi_jp likes this.
    08-03-11 03:36 PM
    Fan night details.. "Reading over the Terms and Conditions in the contest section states: There are forty (40) prize packs available to be won (each a Prize). Each Prize includes: (i) one (1) BlackBerry OS 7 smartphone device to be selected at the Event by the Winner and shipped to the Winner once available for sale in Canada; (ii) three (3) BlackBerry prize packs which include BlackBerry branded merchandise and (iii) three (3) total tickets one (1) for the Winner and up to two (2) guests to the Event. The approximate retail value of each Prize is USD$650.00.

FAN NIGHT
    Appreciate the correction.

via Nexus S 4G
    08-03-11 04:54 PM
    Perhaps "Fall" means "Late Summer/Early Fall" in this case. That would include August 21 and up. I'm currently using an old 8330 until this one comes out. The only thing that is concerning me is that I'll be in Europe next month and would like the 9930 in my hands before then. If not for the trip, I wouldn't mind waiting.
    08-03-11 04:59 PM
    And it also states that release dates will be released once the release is closer, and IMO the end of August is close enough to give us a date.
    Not if the release date is the very last day of fall. The article did say "this fall" and December 20th, the very last day of fall, is "this fall."

Kinda like the gigs on TV "For under $10 you can enjoy a meal!" 9.99 is *technically* under $10 but FML. Really?
    08-03-11 05:02 PM
    Appreciate the correction.

via Nexus S 4G
    No prob. Just so you know, I Wasn't trying to be an a*hole about it. Just trying to keep us all on the same frustrated page.
    08-03-11 05:15 PM
    Man there is alot of negative news going around lately for this device isn't there? Being released for $299 on T-mobile. . .not being released until fall for sprint. Is it too much to ask if we had some uplifting news? I know I'd be thankful.
    08-03-11 06:35 PM
    Yeah. Really? Where in the FanNight disclaimer does it say they will be receiving a unit per release of carrier? I guess we will find out tonight.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    I believe reading the invitation from another thread that the people that receive this phone will get it when it becomes Available from their carrier.
    08-03-11 07:04 PM
    No prob. Just so you know, I Wasn't trying to be an a*hole about it. Just trying to keep us all on the same frustrated page.
    Oh no worries. I was one of those on twitter thinking that the fan night announcement was the actual device announcement. So I jumped the gun there with the disclaimer briefly reading it. I'm pretty sure you can sense the excitement lol.

via Nexus S 4G
    08-03-11 07:22 PM
    Bla1ze on twiiter still says (again) multiple confirmations of Sprint still releasing the Bold 9930 on 08/21 despite what the PR at Sprint said, Possibly good news seems most of Canada's carriers and T-Mobile and Verizon will be getting the Bold 9900/9930 late August, doubt Sprint would wait over a month later to release it. Let's have some faith in Bla1ze and his sources keep the faith

08-03-11 08:37 PM
    Fall. Why? Rumors of iPhone on Sprint before the holidays. The Torch will not have a chance on Sprint. It seems BB users need/love a physical keyboard. The Torch will not lore any new users with the rumored iPhone. I was hoping to have my wife give the Torch a shot. But idk. I need a physical keyboard, give me my 9930. The bigger screen will be nice. Best would be the ATT Torch. Hopefully the 9930 will still be late August.

08-03-11 09:33 PM
    Per @Bla1ze via Twitter:

"crackberry CrackBerry.com
    Multiple confirmations (again) that Sprints release date for new BB devices is Aug 21st - Bla1ze"
    Last edited by lewisc1979; 08-03-11 at 09:56 PM.
    08-03-11 09:53 PM
    Blackberry has updated its Bold 9900/9930 page with a "Where to Buy" tab. Therefore expect a release rollout in the next few weeks. If I'm Correct the only CDMA carriers taking on the 9930 are Sprint, VZW & US Cellular*. I'm almost confident with this being that the 9930 will release as rumored. Bring it on August.

via Nexus S 4G
    08-03-11 10:13 PM
    Not if the release date is the very last day of fall. The article did say "this fall" and December 20th, the very last day of fall, is "this fall."

Kinda like the gigs on TV "For under $10 you can enjoy a meal!" 9.99 is *technically* under $10 but FML. Really?
    You misunderstood my point there. My point was that I feel if they were going to release it in August then I feel it is close enough already to give us a date. I just meant it in terms of people, myself included, still hoping for August. I don't see them giving us a date until at earliest within a month of release, more likely a week or 2.
    08-04-11 08:13 AM
    That storm looking torch is ga y
    08-04-11 08:36 AM
    That storm looking torch is ga y
    Great insight, thanks for that information
    08-04-11 09:58 AM
    Blackberry has updated its Bold 9900/9930 page with a "Where to Buy" tab. Therefore expect a release rollout in the next few weeks. If I'm Correct the only CDMA carriers taking on the 9930 are Sprint, VZW & US Cellular*. I'm almost confident with this being that the 9930 will release as rumored. Bring it on August.

via Nexus S 4G
    Where ever it gets release first I'm going.
    08-04-11 11:06 AM
    And I expect you'll be ******** and complaining about prices cause you had to switch carriers.
    08-04-11 12:48 PM
    I still hold hope bla1ze's 08/21 for Sprint, and couldn't see it selling for more than $199.00 on a 2yr contract. Like other posters have wrote, who'd pay $299.00 when you can get any top Android or iphone 5 (when it's released) for $199.00. I still think Sprint's PR just threw out "coming this fall" has more of a generalization, than COMING this fall. August 21st baby

08-04-11 01:13 PM
    You've gone this long without it. Can't you wait another month or so? Are you that desperate to get it first, that you'd switch carriers, especially given the hassle?
    08-04-11 01:18 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD