Sprint has just sent out a press release confirming that they will carry the Bold 9930 and the Torch 9850. Only states coming this fall, so it sounds like the August date is out.

Sprint Newsroom | America

News Releases

03 August 2011
    America�s First BlackBerry 7 Smartphones Coming to Sprint This Fall
    BlackBerry Bold 9930 boasts thinnest design and widest QWERTY on a BlackBerry smartphone; BlackBerry Torch 9850 will be the first all-touch BlackBerry smartphone for Sprint customers

Multimedia Gallery

RIM Company - Learn about Research In Motion
    OVERLAND PARK, Kan. (BUSINESS WIRE), August 03, 2011 - Sprint (NYSE: S) announced an expansion of its robust portfolio of BlackBerry� smartphones with the fall availability of America�s first two BlackBerry� 7 smartphones � BlackBerry� Bold� 9930 and BlackBerry� Torch� 9850 from Research In Motion (RIM). Specific pricing and availability will be provided closer to availability.

Both new smartphones are powered by the next-generation BlackBerry OS, BlackBerry 7, a performance-driven operating system designed to deliver the ultimate in communications, multimedia and productivity. Both smartphones also feature Liquid Graphics� technology, a key new feature powered by BlackBerry 7 to deliver incredibly fast, smooth performance and a highly responsive touchscreen experience. They are also both powered by a 1.2GHz processor, offer 5MP cameras and are World Phone capable.

�Sprint�s incredibly loyal BlackBerry customers will appreciate the benefits of the BlackBerry 7 user experience on these two new smartphones � BlackBerry Bold 9930 and BlackBerry Torch 9850,� said Fared Adib, vice president � Product Development, Sprint. �BlackBerry 7 is an evolution that extends the ability to support our customers domestically and internationally as they juggle their busy personal and professional lives with one easy-to-use device. We are excited to continue our strong relationship with RIM through these new powerful devices.�

Two options � Super Thin or Full Touchscreen

At just 10.5mm thick, the BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone is the thinnest BlackBerry smartphone ever. It features a 2.8-inch capacitive touchscreen display, the widest QWERTY keyboard available on a BlackBerry smartphone and a trackpad for easy navigation.

Key features of BlackBerry Bold 9930 include:

BlackBerry� service with access to up to 10 supported business and personal email accounts, plus BlackBerry� Enterprise Server support for corporate email installations
    DataViz Docs To Go� Premium suite preloaded, for editing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from anywhere
    BlackBerry App World�, the official app store for BlackBerry smartphones offering customization, fun and productivity
    BlackBerry� Playbook� support with BlackBerry Bridge� (Bridge is available as a free download on BlackBerry App World)
    Near Field Communications (NFC) support for a secure exchange of information between NFC-enabled devices over a very short distance
    Augmented Reality using the built-in compass (magnetometer) to support augmented reality applications
    The sleek BlackBerry Torch 9850 smartphone will be the first full-touch BlackBerry smartphone from Sprint. It features a spectacular, new 3.7-inch capacitive touchscreen display, the largest ever on a BlackBerry smartphone, and trackpad for easy navigation.

Key features of BlackBerry Torch 9850 include:

BlackBerry� service with access to up to 10 supported business and personal email accounts, plus BlackBerry� Enterprise Server support for corporate email installations
    DataViz Docs To Go� Premium suite preloaded, for editing Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint files from anywhere
    BlackBerry App World, the official app store for BlackBerry smartphones offering customization, fun and productivity
    BlackBerry� Playbook� support with BlackBerry Bridge� (Bridge is available as a free download on BlackBerry App World)
    Augmented Reality using the built-in compass (magnetometer) to support augmented reality applications
    Enhancing the Experience with BlackBerry 7

BlackBerry 7 introduces a next-generation BlackBerry browser with a significantly faster, more fluid web browsing experience that is up to 40 percent faster than BlackBerry� 6 based smartphones and up to 100 percent faster than BlackBerry� 5 based smartphones1.

The new BlackBerry Bold 9930 and BlackBerry Torch 9850 smartphones also feature Liquid Graphics technology, with each smartphone combining a dedicated high-performance graphics processor with a blazingly fast CPU and stunning high-resolution display to deliver an incredibly fast, smooth and responsive visual experience.

Building upon the Universal Search feature introduced in BlackBerry 6, BlackBerry 7 expands the capability to include voice-activated search. This new capability makes it easier and more convenient to search for content on the smartphone or web.

BlackBerry 7 also integrates BlackBerry� Balance�, which separates personal content from corporate content, giving users the freedom and flexibility to use the smartphone for personal email, Facebook�, Twitter�, multimedia, games and other apps, while satisfying the need for corporate data to be highly secure and manageable. BlackBerry Balance works in conjunction with BlackBerry� Enterprise Server 5.0.3, which provides a number of unique IT policy controls, such as wiping only corporate data or blocking work-related content and apps from being copied or forwarded to personal contacts.

BlackBerry Bold 9930 and BlackBerry Torch 9850 use the Sprint 3G Network domestically and offer World Phone capability for international travel to nearly anywhere in the world. Sprint customers have the power to make or receive phone calls in more than 185 countries and access to BlackBerry� data services, including email, apps and web browsing in nearly 150 countries. Customers also have the option of using a third-party SIM for international voice and data services.

About Sprint Nextel

Sprint Nextel offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint Nextel served more than 52 million customers at the end of 2Q 2011 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Newsweek ranked Sprint No. 6 in its 2010 Green Rankings, listing it as one of the nation�s greenest companies, the highest of any telecommunications company. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or Sprint | Facebook and Sprint (sprint) on Twitter.

1 Requires BlackBerry 7 OS. Testing was performed by RIM in July 2011 and measured average page load speeds using pre-release BlackBerry 7 software.

The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties and trademarks of Research In Motion Limited.

Photos/Multimedia Gallery Available: News | Business Wire

Contact(s):
    Sprint
    Mark Elliott, 603-621-4511
    [email protected]
    08-03-11 11:28 AM
    Coming this Fall! You got to be kidding?! Because Fall will turn into Winter! This is insane! We went from late Spring to early Summer, then end of Summmer to now Fall?!
    08-03-11 11:34 AM
    So at&t, and T-mobile call these 4g but Sprint calls them 3g?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 11:37 AM
    WTF! Whatever happened to crackberry sources showing August 21 release.
    08-03-11 11:39 AM
    4G in terms of AT&T and T-Mobile is not true 4G, it is HSPA+. LTE and WIMAX are 4G. HSPA+ is faster than HSPA and comparable to current LTE and WIMAX standards, but it is just about maxed out and LTE has plenty of room to gain speeds.
    08-03-11 11:40 AM
    August is still a possibility, IMO.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    08-03-11 11:40 AM
    WTF! Whatever happened to crackberry sources showing August 21 release.
    It was just a leaked SKU page. Nothing official, and could have even been a fake page that someone just created to be an a$$.
    08-03-11 11:41 AM

I hope so, but I will only believe it when I see it now that the press release states fall. And it also states that release dates will be released once the release is closer, and IMO the end of August is close enough to give us a date.
    08-03-11 11:43 AM
    So this Fall could be any where from Sept 21st -Nov 21 2011! Seriously?!
    08-03-11 11:44 AM
    WOW.. You have to be F'n kidding me???!!! Fall? This phone was announced in MAY!!!
    08-03-11 11:46 AM

I don't think so. Why do you think August still a possibility since this is the only official PR we have about the phones?
    08-03-11 11:47 AM
    Technically, winter doesn't officially start till 3rd week in December around the 21st or 22nd. So, then they could drop anywhere between September 22 - December 20.
    08-03-11 11:50 AM
    I was going to pay full price for this phone on Sprint but if I had a upgrade available and this FALL RELEASE sticks, I wouldn't wait!
    08-03-11 11:53 AM
    Well, in their press release they emphasize on being the first to carry Both new BB7, which I understand as being they will do all possible to release it first. In the few times we saw release dates both phones that were made official today by sprint had same release dates? This was sources which had nothing other than visual confirmation. Sprints track record of release is usually about a 30-45 day window. Let alone the style and bold are seeing EOL next month.

Last edited by hellohazards; 08-03-11 at 12:01 PM.
    08-03-11 11:54 AM
    Technically, winter doesn't officially start till 3rd week in December around the 21st or 22nd. So, then they could drop anywhere between September 22 - December 20.
    Thanks for pointing that out! I feel a lot better now!
    08-03-11 11:55 AM
    Thanks for pointing that out! I feel a lot better now!
    I didn't want to bum you out or anything, but just showing how crazy they could push a Fall release too.
    08-03-11 11:57 AM
    Well screw it now.. If it's going to be late fall I will just stick with my 9650 Bold till QNX comes out. If this phone was released this month I'd have no problem at all paying full for it and then using upgrade for a QNX device. I'm not gonna get this phone for just a few months use out of it and then have the possibility of QNX come out shortly after.
    08-03-11 12:00 PM
    I didn't want to bum you out or anything, but just showing how crazy they could push a Fall release too.
    Didn't mean to take it out on you because your absolutely right. I'm just so frustrated now! Iv'e been up for an upgrade since April, thinking way back in Dec that I'd have a new phone by the end of June or at least sometime this summer and now this!

To the person waiting for QNX, that may be a verry long wait!
    08-03-11 12:11 PM
    http://www.sprintfeed.com/2011/07/sp...-life-listing/

Style: July/August
    Bold: September
    Curve: September

Expect a release soon. Judging the fact that tonight a few Americans will be coming back to the USA with a AT&T Sprint US. Cellular T-Mobile handset.

08-03-11 12:12 PM
    Expect a release soon. Judging the fact that tonight a few Americans will be coming back to the USA with a AT&T Sprint US. Cellular T-Mobile handset.

Are you talking about BB Fannight event? Then they are not coming back with handsets. They will get a handset whenever it will be released by their respective carrier.
    08-03-11 12:18 PM
    Thanks for posting the link hellohazrds. I'm so tempted to go to BestBuy and get the Nexus S for free!
    08-03-11 12:29 PM
    Are you talking about BB Fannight event? Then they are not coming back with handsets. They will get a handset whenever it will be released by their respective carrier.
    And it is only for Canadian carriers, I believe, according to the official release from RIM on the event.
    08-03-11 12:33 PM
    Yeah. Really? Where in the FanNight disclaimer does it say they will be receiving a unit per release of carrier? I guess we will find out tonight.

08-03-11 12:38 PM
    I couldn't deal with my 9650 so I purchased the Nexus to hold me off until the 9930 release.

08-03-11 12:40 PM
    Sounds like it's only with new 2 year contract not upgrade...
    08-03-11 12:53 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD