I have a bold 9930 thru sprint and am confounded and somewhat frustrated as to a couple of issues driving me nuts. The first is when I go to the web to watch or listen to something my volume is off and every single time I have to turn it up, I know not a big deal but still irritating. secondly and this is of upmost importance, I am a landscaping foreman and my blackeberry is my life for work especially and anytime I am outside of the city I lose 3g service and it reverts to 1x which has led to missing texts and a slow of a crawl when checking info on the internet or the weather reports. I am wondering is this common and if so I need a different phone maybe. I hope for some insight thank you much.
    03-21-12 07:49 PM
    1x issue sounds like your carrier is the problem, not the phone.

Volume thing might just be a system software issue, update to the 7.1 release
    03-21-12 07:54 PM
    I have the same issues with my personal BB9930 thats on Sprint. I have no reception at work and only in my bedroom at home. While driving my BB constantly reverts from 3g to 1x.
    I have another BB provided to me by my job that is on Verizon and the reception is always good. I sometimes wonder what I am paying for. If Verizion wasn't so expensive I'd switch in a heartbeat
    03-22-12 12:36 AM
    OK, so you're saying Sprint has cheap, shoddy coverage, and Verizon has good, though expensive coverage. Isn't that exactly the way is should be?
    03-22-12 12:45 AM
    Hi thanks for the input I do have the latest software for my phone and maybe that is what is causing the volume problem, which like I said is a pretty minimal problem. The big concern is the going from 3g to 1x service, I had a android phone before my bold and it would occasionally do this but as soon as signal improved it would revert back to 3g with my bold though once it goes to 1x it stays that way no matter where I am unless I shut the phone down and power it back on. I agree even that is not a huge ordeal to go thru but it is irritating since while working I am almost always losing signal and not able to get texts, check internet, check radar.
    03-22-12 04:57 AM
    Sprint is currently upgrading there network and in some areas you are gonna have signal changes.
    03-22-12 08:10 AM
    I found that switching to 1XEV in the mobile network helped with that issue on Sprint. You might also want to update your PRL which I believe helps with tower updates. These two suggestions can be found by highlighting top bar, scroll down to networks and connections, enter, then enter mobile network. Once in this menu you can change network technology and also hit the BlackBerry button to find update PRL. Hope this helps.
    Kerri Neill likes this.
    03-22-12 02:49 PM
    I have seen this issue a little more frequently in my area as well. I found that you don't need to restart the entire device, just power off your radio and then power it back on. Updating PRL may help as well.
    03-22-12 03:34 PM
    Occaisionally, Sprint may have connectivity issues...there was a time when a tower pitched a fit...that was fun.

But I would recommed checking your network settings with the drop down shade on the home screen. Try that, and if you have further issues, send me a PM. I'll do my best to help.
    03-22-12 03:59 PM
    OK, so you're saying Sprint has cheap, shoddy coverage, and Verizon has good, though expensive coverage. Isn't that exactly the way is should be?
    I don't recall that I said that it shouldn't be this way. I made a statment of fact about my service.
    03-23-12 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD