I didn't differentiate in my post between BBs and iPhones, that was your assumption. The point is you and others are trying to 'sell' the iPhone to people on here, or should I say 'convince' them of it. That seems to me the motivation behind your posts.

Which is fair enough, that's your entitlement and who knows, I bet there are plenty of people on here who would really like to have an iPhone as their main device. But I would say that your personal agenda is to make people see that the iPhone is the best phone in the world.

Your posts just seem too one-sided / broken record for what you need to achieve on here. If you pulled the iPhone promotion handbrake up a notch, offered more neutral help and discussion, or 'give to gain' as it can be known, I'd personally listen to you more, maybe others would too.

Sent from my BB9900 which I am not afraid to admit is pissing me off tonight

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Why would I be neutral when I'm happy with my device? Doesn't seem fair to just be "neutral" when I'm purely happy with my choice. If you're excited about something, you generally let people know.

I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. We're all adults who can make decisions on our own. Some people need a little push, but I could care less what phone other people use. I didn't say everyone should run out and get an iPhone. There are plenty of other people on CB already doing that. I was just stating what I really liked about my device.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    11-16-11 07:51 PM
    Whats up with your 9900? And I think she'll be back to the berry lol! matter of time We all comeback after a while I tried the Evo and I couldnt comeback soon enough.
    Nah, been there, done that. I don't see myself returning to BlackBerry anytime in the next two years. Really enjoying my iPhone and remembered why I left my 8100 for the 3GS in the first place and now the 9800 for the 4S.

That's not to say the new BlackBerry devices aren't great. Just not for me right now.

11-16-11 07:53 PM
    What OS you running? I'm running.440(att's) and have very little memory leak if any. Never have to do a batt pull unless i delte a app. My reboots take less than a minute. Very pleased with mine! this thing is a beast!
    It's a sick phone no mistake - just seems at times I'm getting the full potential and then it starts acting like a phone that's 3 years old lol. For sure though I've got more done with it than any other device I've had - I even sold my PlayBook as it became redundant.

Well I'm running .439 - reckon that .001 is what I'm missing? I'll sniff out a link and upgrade.

Well talk about thread drift so back on topic! Anyone considering a 9900, don't be put off by the above, it's all just part of the character building BlackBerry experience!

11-16-11 07:56 PM
    Nah, been there, done that. I don't see myself returning to BlackBerry anytime in the next two years. Really enjoying my iPhone and remembered why I left my 8100 for the 3GS in the first place and now the 9800 for the 4S.

That's not to say the new BlackBerry devices aren't great. Just not for me right now.

I understand I said the same when I ventured out to try the Evo lol! Now I'm back with the 9900 and couldnt be more pleased.
    11-16-11 07:56 PM
    @Moiselles if you're that stoked out on your ip4s then why not conecentrate more on the ip4s forum instead of the 9900? From what I gather you've never owned one, much less picked one up? Speaking about how much you like your device is great, but in the iPhone forums surely.

You've admitted you are not willing to edcuate others with neuatral info and have no experience of the 9900 so all that leaves us with is your ramblings about the iP4s, which if we were that interested in we could go straight over to the Apple website or better yet, TiPB and read all about it.

Capice?

11-16-11 09:01 PM
    @Moiselles if you're that stoked out on your ip4s then why not conecentrate more on the ip4s forum instead of the 9900? From what I gather you've never owned one, much less picked one up? Speaking about how much you like your device is great, but in the iPhone forums surely.

You've admitted you are not willing to edcuate others with neuatral info and have no experience of the 9900 so all that leaves us with is your ramblings about the iP4s, which if we were that interested in we could go straight over to the Apple website or better yet, TiPB and read all about it.

Capice?

I do hang out on TiPb. But I still enjoy coming to CB. And will continue to do so until the mods tell me to leave. I'm civil to everyone. Do I have to own a 9900 or have tried one to be a member here?

I don't know anyone who owns a 9900 and I'm not walking into AT&T just to play on one for 20 minutes just so I can come to CB and give a vague and inaccurate opinion of it.

The OP did mention iPhone in the title of the thread so I jumped in. Didn't think it'd be such a problem. I'll ask you before I'm allowed to post again. Capice?

And if you don't want to listen to my 'ramblings', you can put me on ignore. It won't hurt my feelings.

Just want to add that all I did was state my opinion. I don't know why you are so up in arms over it. I didn't say anything negative about BlackBerry. No one else seems bothered by what I had to say. I don't tell BlackBerry users to give 'neutral' opinions about their devices.

Last edited by moiselles; 11-16-11 at 09:53 PM.
    11-16-11 09:47 PM
    Let's take a step back.......

Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring
    Chrisy and moiselles like this.
    11-16-11 10:01 PM
    Is the Bold 9900 better then the iPhone. No! Is the iPhone better then the Bold 9900 No! Its personal preference. From a consumer standpoint they will say the iPhone wins. From and coporate standpoint some will argue but the Blackberry is still king. It's all really on what you like. I have both among other devices. And I love them both.

moiselles likes this.
    11-16-11 10:05 PM
    THAN. Not then, THAN. Than means compared to, then refers to a point in time. I agree with your post CraBra.

11-16-11 10:08 PM
    this question will never end.every new model every new debate.android vs apple vs bb.blah.
    11-16-11 11:24 PM
    Last time I checked you didn't need to own a BlackBerry to post here. I am getting tired of all the BlackBerry vs iPhone threads because you're comparing apples to oranges. The two devices are on the opposite end of the spectrum and is a personal choice not which device is better than the other. Plus you can really see the ages of some of the posters in reading their comments. There's a difference between giving your opinion and just being a jerkoff.
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-17-11 12:03 AM
    Is the Bold 9900 better then the iPhone. No! Is the iPhone better then the Bold 9900 No! Its personal preference. From a consumer standpoint they will say the iPhone wins. From and coporate standpoint some will argue but the Blackberry is still king. It's all really on what you like. I have both among other devices. And I love them both.

+1

I too have both the iPhone 4s and BB 9900. I actually had iPhones from all generations and they are great devices, everything works with my MacBook Pros and iPads to my Apple TV. Apple has done a great job making my devices work with eachother from a hardware stand point to software as well. Mail and iCal sync harmoniously together and never skips a beat.

When I decided to purchase the PlayBook a few weeks ago, I read all the negative as well as the positive reviews before making my purchase. I loved the smaller 7" form factor and the multi-tasking abilities. All it took was 10 minutes at a local BestBuy to convince myself that I wanted this device. Nine days later I purchased my Bold 9900, the Bridge functionality was what made these two devices shine. I'm really loving my BB gear and carry it with me to work everyday. Will I abandon my Apple devices, No.

Apple and RIM have made it possible for me to enjoy both platforms and as CrackBerryBrandon mentioned, it's personal preference. Each have their strength and weaknesses. And I prefer to use both platforms, good and bad.

mokeiko
    guerllamo7 likes this.
    11-17-11 12:31 AM
    yea i dont get why Apps keeps being an issue. For what I use my phone for, I have most of the apps I need. Maybe it's ignorance since I don't know what I'm missing. But for all those that keep saying apps is such a huge deal, can you post some which you feel are a must have with other platforms which you can't get on a BB? Cuz it should be quality over quantity imo...

For apps that they don't have ,like for my credit card, they have a mobile site where I can check my balance and purchases. It may not be as smooth and easy as a dedicated app but it gets the job done...
    DC Circulator app. It tells you where the Circulator bus is and its expected time of arrival at whichever stop you happen to need. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but try standing on a street corner waiting for the bus with people of dubious character near you or after Snowmaggedon. Both the App Store and App Market have it, App World doesn't.

Themes. There are currently no themes for BB7 devices and there won't be any until summer 2012. I like to change my themes.

And I'm not a huge app fan. Those are two that I need (Circulator) and want (themes) without even thinking.
    11-17-11 03:00 AM
    DC Circulator app. It tells you where the Circulator bus is and its expected time of arrival at whichever stop you happen to need. Doesn't seem like a big deal, but try standing on a street corner waiting for the bus with people of dubious character near you or after Snowmaggedon. Both the App Store and App Market have it, App World doesn't.

Themes. There are currently no themes for BB7 devices and there won't be any until summer 2012. I like to change my themes.

And I'm not a huge app fan. Those are two that I need (Circulator) and want (themes) without even thinking.
    It goes both ways though, iphone doesn't have call/sms blocking apps (without jailbreaking) for example and the same iphone vs android, a mate has an app for his iphone to find alternative phone numbers to premium ones. Another mate tried to find a similar one on android with no luck.

11-17-11 03:14 AM
    You probably like more iPhone cause you like to play_' :P I had 3 of them and I dindn't either bothered to unwrap one
    I have 2 games that I barely use. The majority of my apps are for photography and finance, my main interests. Sorry, no iToy here.

Last edited by moiselles; 11-17-11 at 08:43 AM.
    11-17-11 05:07 AM
    Even though the 4s battery does suck big time, was improved a little with new update, its still a better phone. Blackberries are 1 dimentional phones that excel at email. Iphone has so much more functioality. From watching a netflix movie to browsing the web to playing a game.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk
    11-17-11 05:46 AM
    Even though the 4s battery does suck big time, was improved a little with new update, its still a better phone. Blackberries are 1 dimentional phones that excel at email. Iphone has so much more functioality. From watching a netflix movie to browsing the web to playing a game.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk
    It's a better phone because of everything from watching a movie, to browsing the web to playing a game? In that case my PSP is a better phone than the iP4s.

Call me old fashioned but I thought things like call quality, ease of dialling and managing contacts, texting, were the starting points of a mobile phone? If you wanna start with games, videos and work backwards from there, good for you.
    11-17-11 08:42 AM
    Last time I checked you didn't need to own a BlackBerry to post here. I am getting tired of all the BlackBerry vs iPhone threads because you're comparing apples to oranges. The two devices are on the opposite end of the spectrum and is a personal choice not which device is better than the other. Plus you can really see the ages of some of the posters in reading their comments. There's a difference between giving your opinion and just being a jerkoff.
    You might be getting tired of the comparison threads, but many people will see them as relevant since the 9900 and iP4s are two new very appealing phones and people want to decide which one to buy. Pretty fair game to post on a forum I'd say. Apples to oranges maybe, but there is a lot of overlap...

No one said you need a BlackBerry to post in here, but at least trying the device pertinent to the forum your are posting in would be a nice place to start otherwise it's kinda wasting everyone's time...
    11-17-11 08:46 AM
    No one said you need a BlackBerry to post in here, but at least trying the device pertinent to the forum your are posting in would be a nice place to start otherwise it's kinda wasting everyone's time...

That's all nice and all, and I understand what you're saying, but I've seen numerous BB users on CB talk down about the iPhone and they've never used one. How is that any different?

I came to this thread because "iPhone" was in the title. I didn't look to see what specific sub-forum this was in. It said "iPhone" and I own one, so I stopped by to check it out. I didn't give any misinformation about the 9900/9930. I even said that I was sure the OS7 devices were great. I really don't get what problem you have with what I posted.
    11-17-11 08:59 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD