I love the way 9900 has dinner waiting for me when I get home from work...but the iPhone keeps me warm at night.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Chrisy likes this.
    11-16-11 06:14 AM
    How is the iPhone better at multimedia than the new BB7 devices? This is something I never understood. Maybe pixel density helps? But really, they can both take similar pictures, play music, make playlists, play videos, take video and stuff all pretty good.
    Imagine that you are on the street and you want to rent the latest movie directly on your phone, with the iphone you can do it by going to the itunes store, with the bold 9900 or any other blackberry you can't rent or buy the latest movie.

Also this apply for apps, games, music, and podcasts.

What about choosing 500,000 apps compared to less than 1,000 apps from blackberry.

The blackberry app store is a joke.
    11-16-11 06:17 AM
    It's quite nauseating to read people describe phones as 'sleek' and 'sexy', and to read some of the other gushing comments on here.

I like the Rolls Royce vs Jetta comparison though - it nicely illustrates the gulf in practicality vs what you might call 'bling'.

Well done to the OP, nice vids and it clearly took a bit of effort. Funny to see the usual suspects just cannot stand to sit by and read any suggestion that their phone is not the greatest thing since sliced bread If you are so secure in your purchase, it's nice sometimes to let others enjoy a little moment in the sun.
    11-16-11 06:49 AM
    Lol its very funny to me that this is a blackberry site(can you say bias?) but yet majority of people are saying hand down the 4S... Once again this says something about the direction blackberry is going.. If i were to post what i did about iphone 4s vs bold 9900 in a forum that is iphone bias people would just laugh and ask if its even a question... When i had my 9930 the touch screen froze on me twice within two weeks... Ive had my iphone 4s since launch and havent had one hiccup.. Bberry really needs to do somethinf about their app store as well, not only isn't unorganized(discontinued webos has a more organized app store) but even if you can find an app its half-assed and cost money.. Like realy? A app for screen capture cost $2 bucks? And why not by now doesnt this so called high end device have a capture screen feature? I dont get it, just one little example of whats wrong with blackberry.
    11-16-11 07:06 AM
    Mostly agree. I hope BlackBerry App World improves greatly.

In defense of RIM, and to point out that all platforms do have cons, Android doesn't even have a native file manager. I couldn't believe this. I had to pay for one. Silly to me. I can't take screen shots without rooting the phone either, which I'm not willing to do.

Seems each platform is missing some things we all think are basic.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 11-16-11 at 07:12 AM.
    11-16-11 07:10 AM
    The disadvantage of having the Android Phones is that their Battery life is very less because of high requirement of processing power. In that cases, Blackberry phones really helps us. They are good in terms of Battery.
    11-16-11 07:44 AM
    iPhone is light years ahead of BBs ever going to be... so NO.
    11-16-11 07:46 AM
    i think the new bold crushes the iphone, but that's just me.
    Really? Why? Just curious. I have both, but have yet to activate the 9930.
    11-16-11 11:14 AM
    It's quite nauseating to read people describe phones as 'sleek' and 'sexy', and to read some of the other gushing comments on here.

I like the Rolls Royce vs Jetta comparison though - it nicely illustrates the gulf in practicality vs what you might call 'bling'.

Well done to the OP, nice vids and it clearly took a bit of effort. Funny to see the usual suspects just cannot stand to sit by and read any suggestion that their phone is not the greatest thing since sliced bread If you are so secure in your purchase, it's nice sometimes to let others enjoy a little moment in the sun.
    I assume you're referring to my post and I'd appreciate it if you'd just call me out. I've heard numerous people refer to BlackBerries as sleek and sexy, so it's not just an iPhone thing. What's wrong with someone gushing about their phone? Is it really bothering you that much? People on CB do it here all the time.

I stand by and bite my tongue all the time here. I didn't say anything bad about BlackBerry, nothing wrong with someone chiming in with their opinion. Afterall, that is what a forum is for. If Bold users want to gush about their phone, there is nothing stopping them.
    Last edited by moiselles; 11-16-11 at 11:18 AM.
    Chrisy and Spartacus_82 like this.
    11-16-11 11:15 AM
    The OP has a hot voice. Anyone else notice that?
    11-16-11 01:18 PM
    Imagine that you are on the street and you want to rent the latest movie directly on your phone, with the iphone you can do it by going to the itunes store, with the bold 9900 or any other blackberry you can't rent or buy the latest movie.

What about choosing 500,000 apps compared to less than 1,000 apps from blackberry.

The only problem is that 99% of the apps are rather useless or repeats and I found that almost every app has a "lite" (trial) version which is counted as one of the 500,000 so in theory you can almost cut the 500,000 in half.
    11-16-11 01:20 PM

What's your point? Are you saying a blackberry can't download apps, games, podcasts or music on the go? You couldn't be more wrong.

Podcasts, what if a podcast is not in itunes library? A BB can download it trough the browser, the iphone can't.

BBM Music has replaced the need to buy music, we are entering a post music ownership era.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-11 02:18 PM
    yea i dont get why Apps keeps being an issue. For what I use my phone for, I have most of the apps I need. Maybe it's ignorance since I don't know what I'm missing. But for all those that keep saying apps is such a huge deal, can you post some which you feel are a must have with other platforms which you can't get on a BB? Cuz it should be quality over quantity imo...

For apps that they don't have ,like for my credit card, they have a mobile site where I can check my balance and purchases. It may not be as smooth and easy as a dedicated app but it gets the job done...
    11-16-11 02:38 PM
    To answer the original question posed: YES!

You did ask.
    11-16-11 03:18 PM
    For me it is.

And in that case it makes it even better than the 100 different androids.
    11-16-11 03:57 PM
    Androids shouldnt even be brought into this equation until they make a more proprietary device such as the iphone and rim blackberry... Theyre almost there with the nexus line (only android ive owned and will continue to own).. Androids are rediculous to me otherwise, its as if iphone were to pimp out their os to the likes of moto, sammy, htc.. Then have this beautiful pure os made crappy with their dumb overlays... Of course youre going to want the most pure version of the phone, so i just dont get it. Honestly if i didnt love my 64GB black iphone 4S(lol) so much i would def still have my 9930, still a really solid phone. I will be looking forward to the nexus prime though of course, as that is a pure experience of ice cream sandwich
    11-16-11 04:27 PM
    This is a subjective question and answer and like the 400 other threads asking the same question...it is gooing to depend on YOUR needs and nobody elses.

Only you can decide what you like and no matter what anyone else on here says, you are paying for it and you are using it so is one better than the other, go play with both and post back and let us know what is best for YOU.
    11-16-11 05:55 PM
    i love the 9900 over the 4s the iphone screen is to small to have a good keyboard.
    11-16-11 06:40 PM
    Think strong think better
    11-16-11 06:41 PM
    Oh joy... Another BlackBerry vs. iPhone thread.

Honestly, it's about personal preference. I find the iPhone4S better for my needs and wants. Personally, I feel the 4S is pretty close to a perfect device, if there is such a thing. The OS is so fluid and smooth. The retina display is stunning. The phone works with no hang ups, battery pulls, spinning hourglasses, having to load hybrid or leaked OSs, etc. The 4S has been a dream. I love the virtual keyboard and with autocorrect + keyboard shortcuts, it makes typing a breeze. And I've had pretty good battery life from the start, I'd put it on par or even better than my 9800.

The only thing I can give BlackBerry a one up on is it's a damn sturdy phone. The iPhone is so sleek, sexy. I dropped my Torch numerous times, on pavement even, and I never had any screen scratches and just ended up with little dings and scrapes on the side of the phone. I'd be terrified to drop my 4S on pavement and see the result.

I'm not comparing the 4S to the 9900 because I haven't used the 9900. I assume the OP hasn't used the 4S and thus why he compared to the 4 instead.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk!
    You probably like more iPhone cause you like to play_' :P I had 3 of them and I dindn't either bothered to unwrap one
    11-16-11 06:44 PM
    You probably like more iPhone cause you like to play_' :P I had 3 of them and I dindn't either bothered to unwrap one
    A foolish question probably but what do either one of your back to back posts mean and what are you trying to convey to the post title? Just curious because I don't get it.
    Chrisy and moiselles like this.
    11-16-11 06:47 PM
    I assume you're referring to my post and I'd appreciate it if you'd just call me out. I've heard numerous people refer to BlackBerries as sleek and sexy, so it's not just an iPhone thing. What's wrong with someone gushing about their phone? Is it really bothering you that much? People on CB do it here all the time.

I stand by and bite my tongue all the time here. I didn't say anything bad about BlackBerry, nothing wrong with someone chiming in with their opinion. Afterall, that is what a forum is for. If Bold users want to gush about their phone, there is nothing stopping them.
    I didn't differentiate in my post between BBs and iPhones, that was your assumption. The point is you and others are trying to 'sell' the iPhone to people on here, or should I say 'convince' them of it. That seems to me the motivation behind your posts.

Which is fair enough, that's your entitlement and who knows, I bet there are plenty of people on here who would really like to have an iPhone as their main device. But I would say that your personal agenda is to make people see that the iPhone is the best phone in the world.

Your posts just seem too one-sided / broken record for what you need to achieve on here. If you pulled the iPhone promotion handbrake up a notch, offered more neutral help and discussion, or 'give to gain' as it can be known, I'd personally listen to you more, maybe others would too.

Sent from my BB9900 which I am not afraid to admit is pissing me off tonight

Last edited by dodger_moore; 11-16-11 at 07:19 PM.
    11-16-11 07:11 PM
    I didn't differentiate in my post between BBs and iPhones, that was your assumption. The point is you and others are trying to 'sell' the iPhone to people on here, or should I say 'convince' them of it. That seems to me the motivation behind your posts.

Which is fair enough, that's your entitlement and who knows, I bet there are plenty of people on here who would really like to have an iPhone as their main device. But I would say that your personal agenda is to make people see that the iPhone is the best phone in the world.

Your posts just seem too one-sided / broken record for what you seem to feel you need to achieve on here. If you pulled the iPhone promotion handbrake up a notch, offered more neutral help and discussion, or 'give to gain' as it can be known, I'd personally listen to you more, maybe others too.

I say this because at this point I'm more interested in the way people talk on these forums than the phones themselves. Sent from my BB9900 which I am not ashamed to admit is pissing me off tonight

Whats up with your 9900? And I think she'll be back to the berry lol! matter of time We all comeback after a while I tried the Evo and I couldnt comeback soon enough.
    11-16-11 07:17 PM
    Yo Slammer, it's a cracking little phone but sometimes it feels like three days good one day bad! Most of the time I'll be smasjing through work, emails, sending spreadsheets, then on to music, games, photo viewing (and even editing from Canon jpegs which did surprise me!), and then I'll need to make a phone call and it'll go all sluggish, sticky, unresponsive - particularly when I'm trying to enter digits into a phone menu.

Maybe a new software update will fix it; my current one solved the lagging issue (mostly). I also would like to do something about the memory leak. That's a problem I wasn't expecting.

Any tips?

11-16-11 07:24 PM
    Yo Slammer, it's a cracking little phone but sometimes it feels like three days good one day bad! Most of the time I'll be smasjing through work, emails, sending spreadsheets, then on to music, games, photo viewing (and even editing from Canon jpegs which did surprise me!), and then I'll need to make a phone call and it'll go all sluggish, sticky, unresponsive - particularly when I'm trying to enter digits into a phone menu.

Maybe a new software update will fix it; my current one solved the lagging issue (mostly). I also would like to do something about the memory leak. That's a problem I wasn't expecting.

Any tips?

What OS you running? I'm running.440(att's) and have very little memory leak if any. Never have to do a batt pull unless i delte a app. My reboots take less than a minute. Very pleased with mine! this thing is a beast!
    11-16-11 07:30 PM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD