Just curious, I know with the older BBs like the 8330 and the old pearls, you could change the color of the trackball light. Has anyone discovered a way, if possible, to change the light around the trackpad of the 9930? This feature would be pretty sweet, I have to admit.-- Or for that to flash if you have a new notification instead of the little light at the top.

Just wondering! I've had my 9930 for a little over a week now, maybe almost 2. I actually love my phone... I have no complaints about it yet; other than the fact that sometimes I can't scroll through the messages when I have one open (previous messages from a contact). I'm actually, believe it or not, coming from the iPhone 16GB with VZW. I currently still have both phones, but using my BB right now. I switched back just because I have that option, and I went right back to my BB! Love the keyboard-- Sometimes I forget that it's touch screen though... I've come from a couple of different BBs in the past, too.
    10-02-11 02:35 AM
    Just curious, I know with the older BBs like the 8330 and the old pearls, you could change the color of the trackball light. Has anyone discovered a way, if possible, to change the light around the trackpad of the 9930? This feature would be pretty sweet, I have to admit.-- Or for that to flash if you have a new notification instead of the little light at the top.

Just wondering! I've had my 9930 for a little over a week now, maybe almost 2. I actually love my phone... I have no complaints about it yet; other than the fact that sometimes I can't scroll through the messages when I have one open (previous messages from a contact). I'm actually, believe it or not, coming from the iPhone 16GB with VZW. I currently still have both phones, but using my BB right now. I switched back just because I have that option, and I went right back to my BB! Love the keyboard-- Sometimes I forget that it's touch screen though... I've come from a couple of different BBs in the past, too.
    I have the same problem with viewing older messages on my 9930 as well.
    10-02-11 01:04 PM

I suppose it would not hurt to have the light as well as the LED flash for new notifications and see nothing wrong with the idea but another light or flash or anything with power just lowers an already low mah battery so for that i would not be in favor of it and truly so far love the phone the way it is but good idea none the less.
    10-02-11 01:33 PM
    Would be intressting to see if a app could control the color of your keyboard backlight.
    I had the idea already for an app that controle the brightness of your keyboard backlight...
    you can actually control it via your screen brightness... from 10 to 100 your backlight also getting brighter.

But never thought if its possible to change the color... atleast i hope that, since the backlight is easyer to exchange on the 9900, we will see some modified keyboard with diffrent colors soon.

Like this one
    10-02-11 05:20 PM
    The keyboard is the color it is because the keys are flourescent white, an app would not be able to change its color since there isn't a variety of led's under the keyboard to illuminate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-11 08:09 PM
    Yeah, it would just be awesome if the coverage indicator would make the trackpad flash or something instead of the light at the top. That would be sweet if it could change colors too... Just wondering.
    10-02-11 10:27 PM
    You can change colours by buying a coloured key board

10-02-11 10:36 PM
    or color the LEDs with permanent marker of your color choice.
    did that with the old curve with a blue permanent marker. the color eventually faded after time though.
    may also want to use a darker color than you desire bc the light emitted will be lighter than the one applied.
    10-02-11 11:55 PM
    Where can we buy the colored keyboards?

10-03-11 09:00 AM
    The keyboard is the color it is because the keys are flourescent white, an app would not be able to change its color since there isn't a variety of led's under the keyboard to illuminate it.

The notification LED is just one LED and can create multiple colors. A variety of LEDs would not be needed, however I still do not think this can be done.
    10-04-11 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD