Hi all. I just received my Sprint Bold 9930 this past Monday. I love the phone and it is performing very well except for one weird issue. My phone, at absolutely random times, will type the letters "yiyi" Shortly after this happens (5-10 seconds) the phones keyboard and trackpad, including send,menu, esc, and end buttons, will stop responding for a period of time ranging from 10 seconds or until I perform a battery pull. I've read elsewhere that on older Berries that could mean water damage, however its never been exposed to water and is not in any extreme environments. It acts fine for about 3-4 hours before going all weird on me again, sometimes with the "yiyi" text and the background going to all black. Im running OS 7.0.0 Bundle 1296. I have tried restoring the OS, battery pulls and have NOT deleted any service books. I would appreciate any advice or guidance anyone could give me.

Thanks
    JM
    08-31-11 06:30 PM
    Sounds like hardware issue, take it back to Sprint and get it replaced.
    08-31-11 06:35 PM
    Well, I just got off of the phone with Sprint Tech Support and I'm not a very happy camper. I was told to take it to the store and they will charge me a $35 dollar fee to look at the device, and if it is deemed un-usable, they will replace it with a refurbished device. This was highly unacceptable to me, so the other option I was given was to go and ask for an exchange, in which I will get a NEW phone, but I will be charged $35 for a "restocking" fee. The phone is less than 5 days old. NOT HAPPY...
    09-01-11 01:47 PM
    the replacement with a refurbished one is BS unless you bought it from a non-corporate Sprint Store in which case go back to the same store within 30 days and they have to exchange it for free with a new device. Have to, no ifs, buts or other crap!!!
    09-01-11 02:32 PM
    Dada, thats what I thought, I'm going to the Sprint Store after work and will be expressing my displeasure with them! In a calm and orderly fashion Thanks for the input.
    09-01-11 02:41 PM
    Well, I just got off of the phone with Sprint Tech Support and I'm not a very happy camper. I was told to take it to the store and they will charge me a $35 dollar fee to look at the device, and if it is deemed un-usable, they will replace it with a refurbished device. This was highly unacceptable to me, so the other option I was given was to go and ask for an exchange, in which I will get a NEW phone, but I will be charged $35 for a "restocking" fee. The phone is less than 5 days old. NOT HAPPY...
    This is one reason I stay with Verizon. They rarely fail to do the right thing. At worst, if you don't get what seems fair, you just have to just call back and get a different rep. They sent me a refurb of a hotspot that was DOA recently, for instance, but a call instantly got me an apology and a new unit overnighted at their expense.
    09-13-11 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD