I am on my 2nd day with a new Bold Verizon 9930.

Somehow on Monday, I started getting a popup preview window at the top of the screen that shows every time an email comes in. If say 8 emails came in at once, you have to cycle through all of them before getting control of your screen back.

This popup shows whether on the home screen, in an app or in the browser and takes up the top third of the display.

For some reason, if you get into the content of the mail, a strange email menu with a light bulb icon at the upper left of the popup title bar comes up and there is no way to get out of it except by rebooting the device.

I have no idea what changed to have this popup feature start to occur on day 2. No auxiliary software installed that would cause it.

Any ideas of how to disable it?

Nothing in Message options will do it.
    10-04-11 04:05 AM
    Hm...I don't quite understand what you are describing..I don't think I have seen that before.

You said you rebooted before, but that did not stop the pop up from going away?
    10-04-11 11:53 AM
    Wow... I'm at a loss.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9930
    10-04-11 12:11 PM
    This is not due to stock BB7 (the features you described do not exist). Must be part of a 3rd party app you installed.
    10-04-11 12:14 PM
    Sounds like the app "Leave it On".
    10-04-11 12:15 PM
    Sounds like the app "Leave it On".
    It's definitely the Leave It On app - same thing happened to me. Go into the app, then choose Backlight/Pop-ups and disable toe pop-ups option.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-11 04:59 PM
    I believe that I have to go along with the others about the 3rd part app because this is something that does not have anything to do with your devices OS 7. If everyone who mentioned the 3rd party app is correct and your have this installed that would be your answer and decision on what to do with it. Best of luck.
    10-07-11 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD