I just have a quick question that maybe someone with more knowledge here will be able to answer for me...

With the GSM, UTMS and HSPA of the Bold 9930 i know just like with previous blackberries that i will be able to handle voice from AT&T but how about the DATA? is there anything different about it that this now will be able to handle Verizon 3G data and well as AT&T 3G data?

Thanks!
    05-02-11 02:01 PM
    The GSM band is for roaming internationally. Verizon's 3G network doesn't support voice and data at the same time except with the HTC Thunderbolt.
    05-02-11 02:09 PM
    The GSM band is for roaming internationally. Verizon's 3G network doesn't support voice and data at the same time except with the HTC Thunderbolt.
    The HTC Thunderbolt doesn't support voice & data on 3G. It does support it on 4G though.
    05-02-11 04:12 PM
    Thanks for the replies, but that is NOT my question... I want to know if I unlock the Bold 9930 not connected to Verizon and put a AT&T sim card... will AT&T 3G DATA work? thanks!
    05-02-11 04:54 PM
    The HTC Thunderbolt doesn't support voice & data on 3G. It does support it on 4G though.
    I have a thunderbolt and Verizon uses a new 3G technology that is only used by the thunderbolt and it does allow voice and data over 3G and 4G!
    05-02-11 04:56 PM
    Thanks for the replies, but that is NOT my question... I want to know if I unlock the Bold 9930 not connected to Verizon and put a AT&T sim card... will AT&T 3G DATA work? thanks!
    No.. and why would you do this... Why buy a 9930 which isn't even out yet instead of the GSM model?
    05-02-11 04:57 PM
    No.. and why would you do this... Why buy a 9930 which isn't even out yet instead of the GSM model?
    I was planning on using this out side of the USA with a GSM network that has the same bands as AT&T and using this here in the USA as well, that was the only reason. But i guess I can use EDGE for a few weeks outside the USA just like im doing now with my 9650.

Thanks!
    05-02-11 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD