According to Engadget, the 9930 has also received FCC approval.

BlackBerry Bold 9930 blows through the FCC, GSM and CDMA on board -- Engadget

It looks like the BlackBerry Bold 9930 just finagled its way through the FCC, indicating the touchscreen, portrait QWERTY handset may be nearing release. This globe-trotting sibling of the 9900 comes packing a dual-band CDMA radio and a quad-band GSM tuner -- in addition to the standard WiFi and Bluetooth antennae, and the increasingly popular NFC. Of course, being an FCC filing in which most identifying information has been removed, this is a bit of a guessing game. But, judging by the radios on board and the sketch of the label placement, it sure seems like the BlackBerry 7 OS-toting 9930 to us.
    It seems to look like everything else that has been released over the past 24-hours for the 9900, but the specifically reference the 9930, so hopefully both devices have received approval.
    JUSTQUAN2 and LikeWebOS like this.
    07-12-11 10:28 AM
    My excitement is back up again. Hopefully that approval is followed pushed up release date. One can only hope...
    07-12-11 10:39 AM
    very nice, knew it wouldnt be long after the 9900
    07-12-11 10:41 AM
    very nice, knew it wouldnt be long after the 9900
    I missed that one. When was it approved?
    07-12-11 10:49 AM
    I missed that one. When was it approved?
    late yesterday.
    Check out the Blogs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    07-12-11 10:51 AM
    Thx. I worked a different site this rotation. The sups like to enforce the no gadget rule(s).
    07-12-11 11:03 AM
    According to Engadget, the 9930 has also received FCC approval.

BlackBerry Bold 9930 blows through the FCC, GSM and CDMA on board -- Engadget

It seems to look like everything else that has been released over the past 24-hours for the 9900, but the specifically reference the 9930, so hopefully both devices have received approval.
    Is that FCC approval holding up the release?? I thought it was carriers testing!!! Assuming carrier testing goes thru well does a phone still have to wait for FCC approval?? If anyone knows do let me know.Thanks .
    07-12-11 12:52 PM
    Is that FCC approval holding up the release?? I thought it was carriers testing!!! Assuming carrier testing goes thru well does a phone still have to wait for FCC approval?? If anyone knows do let me know.Thanks .
    I believe the phone has to have both approvals, one from the FCC and one from the carrier. As of right now, the carrier approvals is all that is holding up the devices from being released since they have now received the FCC's approval.
    purijagmohan and JUSTQUAN2 like this.
    07-12-11 01:01 PM
    Well with the quotes that Kevin posted from the AGM last night, it looks like these phones are still on target to hit the market in the next month. I believe Sprint's date is 8/21/11 as of the last leaked SKU list posted by CB.
    Last edited by ZMc1834; 07-13-11 at 06:41 AM.
    07-13-11 06:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD