Yes i know there are similar threads but this is a different situation altogether.

I had a traffic accident today whiles on my Honda Motor Bike i had my Bold 9900 in my pocket, i'm guessing in the course of the crash i might have Bumped my phone agains the handle bars. After getting myself together i realized my phone just started vibrating, in that moment i had to make some few calls since i needed help, i was able to make the calls with the phone still vibrating. After all settled i decided to do a battery pull just to try and fix the situation. I waited for about 20 minutes before inserting the battery.....the phone started vibrating there again. Took out the battery for about 4 hours, inserted it back and it's vibrating. I've tried changing the sound profiles and disabling vibrate option, still there's no solution, at this point i've run out of ideas and options.

Has anybody experienced this before? What do you think might be the problem? Help will be very much appreciated.

PLEASE HELP
    03-28-12 10:12 AM
    Got warranty?
    03-28-12 10:22 AM
    Nope i bought off in the phone Market in China, those phones don't come with warranty
    Got warranty?
    03-28-12 10:26 AM
    If you have insurance on your vehicle the phone should be covered as well. It sounds like it is damaged (similar things can happen with liquid damage).
    03-28-12 10:28 AM
    You have a wife or GF? Perhaps she'll take it off your hands..
    Legal Eagle and joski like this.
    03-28-12 10:40 AM
    unfortunately insurance in china don't cover cell phones.....
    If you have insurance on your vehicle the phone should be covered as well. It sounds like it is damaged (similar things can happen with liquid damage).
    03-28-12 10:47 AM
    ?????
    You have a wife or GF? Perhaps she'll take it off your hands..
    03-28-12 10:48 AM
    ?????
    If you don't understand the humour, unfortunately this forum is not the place to explain this bit if innuendo to you !!!

Maybe what the poster was implying is also not available in China !!!
    joski likes this.
    03-28-12 10:52 AM
    I think your phone is probably ruined.

Next time, get an otterbox case, especially if your riding or doing any other sports. Its always painful having to shell out for another phone when yours isn't past its use by.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-28-12 12:06 PM
    Yea i had an otterbox case on...any way i opened the phone myself and ripped the vibrator apart, now the phone is on and i just made a device wipe, waiting for it to initialize. I'm better off without a vibrate than an all the time vibrating and HOT 9900

I think your phone is probably ruined.

Next time, get an otterbox case, especially if your riding or doing any other sports. Its always painful having to shell out for another phone when yours isn't past its use by.

03-28-12 12:19 PM
    Fair play.

Strange that it should go so wrong with an OB. They are usually excellent at keeping them safe!

03-28-12 12:22 PM
    If you don't understand the humour, unfortunately this forum is not the place to explain this bit if innuendo to you !!!

Is it possible the vibration was caused by water damage. Well more of a moistness damage....BBBBZZZZZZ......
    joski likes this.
    03-28-12 12:25 PM
    it's was a fatal crash though, i ended with 5 stitches......any other phone or a naked BB would have been shattered

Fair play.

Strange that it should go so wrong with an OB. They are usually excellent at keeping them safe!

03-28-12 12:37 PM
    As i said earlier on, i ripped the vibrator apart and phone is ok now, i wonder what may have caused this......any way i'm better off with a working phone with no vibrate.

Thanks to all who tried helping.....Well some people thought it wise to play jokes when a fellow crackberry is in need of help.

Ciao
    03-28-12 12:41 PM
    As i said earlier on, i ripped the vibrator apart and phone is ok now, i wonder what may have caused this......any way i'm better off with a working phone with no vibrate.

Thanks to all who tried helping.....Well some people thought it wise to play jokes when a fellow crackberry is in need of help.

Ciao

Wow....
    03-28-12 12:52 PM

That would be funny considering all that sort of hardware is made there

In all seriousness, which Otterbox case did you have on? Impact, Commuter, Defender?

JB
    Last edited by LordCrankypants; 03-28-12 at 01:03 PM.
    03-28-12 01:01 PM
    Battery is a bit warm than previous, guess there's a short circuit somewhere.....
    03-28-12 01:04 PM
    i had on the commuter case....

That would be funny considering all that sort of hardware is made there

In all seriousness, which Otterbox case did you have on? Impact, Commuter, Defender?

JB
    03-28-12 01:08 PM
    I would have expected that kind of damage if it was an impact, but a commuter or defender? Hmm, make sure if the case is broken, you exchange it for a new one with otterbox. They have a lifetime guarantee.

03-28-12 03:17 PM
    Am I too late to add a vajayjay joke?!
    03-28-12 03:21 PM
    Yea i had an otterbox case on...any way i opened the phone myself and ripped the vibrator apart, now the phone is on and i just made a device wipe, waiting for it to initialize. I'm better off without a vibrate than an all the time vibrating and HOT 9900
    I'm no expert but opening the blackberry and rippin the vibrator apart wasn't the best of choices
    03-28-12 06:50 PM
    You have been using your berry as a vibrator, for that you have been condemmed with non stop vibrations.
    03-29-12 10:04 AM

Ciao
    I happen to have the same problem. Which part is the vibrator?
    05-31-12 11:44 AM
    Nevermind,found it . It looks like a sticker PCB with the sd card reader,led flash on it. I also found a replacement part on Ebay for $16 .
    05-31-12 12:13 PM
    i have same problem with my blackberry it continuously getting vibration i don't know how to stop ..
    05-11-15 03:24 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD