1. drewcosta's Avatar
    Ok guys, here is an interesting one. I fix a lot of BlackBerry's & iPhones but this one has got me stumped. I just bought a 9900 off of my bud die that worked perfectly. We did a security wipe and everything was good yesterday. Today I go to use it and it was off, I could not get it on until doing a battery pull. So this is what I notice:
    1 - After a battery pull the phone will successfully boot up, once it is on it remains on and functionally for about 5 to 10 seconds and then completely shuts off. (phone is completely dead until doing a battery pull)

    2 - If the phone is plugged into the wall and then rebooted by doing a battery pull, it will stay on for about 10 to 20 seconds and then completely shuts off. (needs a battery pull)

    3 - If I plug the phone into a computer via USB cable and reboot the phone, the phone boots up successfully, runs perfectly, and does not shut off. If I unplug it from the computer, it completely shuts off. (needs a battery pull)

    I have tried multiple batteries, and I have tried this current battery in other phones and it works perfectly. Any suggestions/ideas please let me know. Thanks

    Drew
    02-21-12 04:33 PM
  2. olblueyez's Avatar
    Wipe and Factory Reset using BBSAK. Then install the OS.
    02-21-12 05:40 PM
  3. drewcosta's Avatar
    Wiped it clean using BBSAK and reinstalled OS, still doing the same thing.
    02-21-12 07:46 PM
  4. mlist84's Avatar
    I think it is not OS problem. Try to clean the battery pin connector on both the phone and the battery. If this still doesnt work, you might have problem with the IC power component on the phone.
    02-21-12 08:04 PM
  5. waynetechberry's Avatar
    it's not OS related ....it's hardware ...I've seen this with a few BB 9700's....... some had moisture of some sort on the circuit board n others were clean. Sounds like a power management issue with some circuitry onboard. What I personally would do is disassemble phone, clean the circuit board with some alcohol (no not RUM based beverage ) or use some contact cleaner that comes in a aerosol can. Don't over do it though! After this, let it dry naturally! Then you use a hot air gun n run MILD heat over it , evenly spreading the heat over the battery connector area with those IC's for about 3 mins. Then let it cool naturally and leave it overnight. This has worked on some 9700s........I stress SOME, not ALL of them If it still does the same thing then..........hmmmmmm..... board issue as sooooon as you get the phone into your hands
    02-21-12 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD