Hi All,

I have found my Bold 9900 yesterday. I have just verified if it is still functional and surprisingly it is still fully functional. After holding the phone in my hands, I had realized what I'm missing all these days.

Currently, I don't have a 3G sim to insert into the phone. SO, I had connected to wifi.

I had opened the browser and found google is working and search results are being displayed. But when I open any search result, it is giving me an error.

I opened youtube and it has opened but I can't sign in. It has taken my email ID and it gives me a same error while clicking on the next page.

I had tried opening many sites but none opened.

I tried the UC browser, but it is not connecting to wifi. The same is an issue with any other application.

Is there any way using which I can access internet and other apps through wifi.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.
    10-15-19 04:39 AM
    Im getting below error

Unable to connect using the current security settings. Please contact your service provider.
    10-15-19 05:45 AM
    Im getting below error

Unable to connect using the current security settings. Please contact your service provider.
    If the BlackBerry Browser is working with Google but not connecting with the search results, you are likely experiencing certificate issues. They've been getting worse over time. If you can install Opera Mini, you'll be able to bypass some of the certificate problems, but not all of them.

If you have a laptop or desktop with Firefox, you can export new certificates and then import them into the phone. The instructions are here: https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13439988

With new certificates, Opera Mini will work even better, but won't be perfect. They don't seem to help the built-in browser much (in fact, it seems to me that they might break it more).
    10-15-19 09:29 AM
    sure, will try! its sad to hear that browser functionality is broken without any work around.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-15-19 11:17 AM
    Opera Mini has basically become the primary browser for BBOS devices. Just make sure that you configure it to use BlackBerry shortcuts instead of Opera Mini shortcuts. I have the font size set to medium.

With BlackBerry shortcuts you can move around pages saved on Speed Dial by pressing keys one after another (and not together, like Windows Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, etc):

Alt * 1
    Alt * 2
    Alt * 3
    etc.

To edit or delete a Speed Dial entry hit W key.

The most important shortcuts to learn first are D and Z. Here are all shortcuts:

Alt*1: 1st page on Speed Dial, etc
    D: fit-to-window selected section
    K: bookmarks
    A: add bookmark
    F: find on page (next = enter)
    G: address bar
    Y: history
    H: start page
    R: reload
    S: settings
    N: night mode
    T: page top
    B: page bottom
    U: hide toolbar
    W: select text (W-click-select-click)
    Z: single column on/off + page reload
    Last edited by Lex24; 10-16-19 at 01:23 AM.
    10-15-19 02:45 PM
    Opera Mini has basically become the primary browser for BBOS devices. Just make sure that you configure it to use BlackBerry shortcuts instead of Opera Mini shortcuts. I have the font size set to medium.

With BlackBerry shortcuts you can move around pages saved on Speed Dial by pressing keys one after another (and not together, like Windows Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, etc):

Alt * 1
    Alt * 2
    Alt * 3
    etc.

To edit or delete a Speed Dial entry hit W key.

The most important shortcuts to learn first are D and Z. Here are all shortcuts:

Alt*1: 1st page on Speed Dial, etc
    D: fit-to-window selected section
    K: bookmarks
    A: add bookmark
    F: find on page (next = enter)
    G: address bar
    Y: history
    H: start page
    R: reload
    S: settings
    N: night mode
    T: page top
    B: page bottom
    U: hide toolbar
    W: select text (W-click-select-click)
    Z: single column on/off + page reload
    Nice, how can we select text in OM without touching the screen? And when I open youtube in the builtin browser, it opens youtube. And when I play any video, it only plays sound with a blank screen. It seems very strange. Did you see that issue on your phone? What could be the workaround?
    10-16-19 01:41 AM
    babugaru1:

How can we select text in OM without touching the screen?
    - place cursor at the start point
    - W - click trackpad - select text
    - click trackpad - copy
    - paste where needed

You can click "copy" with the trackpad or select it with Enter key.

Sent from my BB 9320 using CB Forums app
    Last edited by Lex24; 10-16-19 at 05:04 AM.
    10-16-19 03:25 AM
    I can only select a word with this, but how can I select a paragraph without touching screen?
    - place cursor at the start point
    - W - click trackpad - select text
    - click trackpad - copy
    - paste where needed

You can click "copy" with the trackpad or select it with Enter key.

10-16-19 08:29 AM
    Yeah. But it's an old device and it's just going to get worse.

The only solution would be for someone to make a Bold 9900 with new internals and a modern OS.

And you never know. A new classic Nokia comes out each year. Maybe our Bold update will actually be a revamped Nokia E6.
    10-16-19 10:54 AM
    babugaru1:

I can only select a word with this, but how can I select a paragraph without touching screen?
    Do you have OS 7.1 on your Bold 9900? The method I described works on Curve 9320. I will check it on Bold 9720 when I get home. Both devices were released after Bold 9900 and had OS 7.1 installed from the outset.

I would actually expect "copy text" to work even on Bold 9900 with the original OS 7.0. It was working ok on my old BB 8830 with OS 4.5 in OM v7.1.33553. Are you sure it's not some temporary trackpad problem?

Last edited by Lex24; 10-16-19 at 07:02 PM.
    10-16-19 02:37 PM
    Do you have OS 7.1 on your Bold 9900? The method I described works on Curve 9320. I will check it on Bold 9720 when I get home. Both devices were released after Bold 9900 and had OS 7.1 installed from the outset.

I would actually expect "copy text" to work even on Bold 9900 with the original OS 7.0. It was working ok on my old BB 8830 with OS 4.5 in OM v7.1.33553. Are you sure it's not some temporary trackpad problem?

Copy text is working but I need to touch screen to select text more than a word. By default, it is only selecting highlighted word/
    10-17-19 02:36 AM
    Did anyone have luck with logic mail for outlook live or gmail accounts?
    10-17-19 02:37 AM
    babugaru1:

Copy text is working but I need to touch screen to select text more than a word. By default, it is only selecting highlighted word
    I have tested this on Bold 9720 and I experience the same problem, only one word can be selected without touching the screen. So it works differently on Bold and on Curve because Bold has also the touch screen.

Same thing with closing the tab or exiting OM. On Curve 9320 it can be easily done using only the keyboard or trackpad but on Bold 9720 you need to touch the screen. The same OS 7.1, the same version number of Opera Mini (v8.0.35659). I have posted some explanation and screenshots on another thread a few days ago:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...-bold-1177463/

10-17-19 04:14 AM
    thanks for confirmation, any shortcut to swich between tabs and
    open a new tab? btw, which email app you are using? i tried logicmail for both outlook live and gmail but its not working at all
    I have tested this on Bold 9720 and I experience the same problem, only one word can be selected without touching the screen. So it works differently on Bold and on Curve because Bold has also the touch screen.

Same thing with closing the tab or exiting OM. On Curve 9320 it can be easily done using only the keyboard or trackpad but on Bold 9720 you need to touch the screen. The same OS 7.1, the same version number of Opera Mini (v8.0.35659). I have posted some explanation and screenshots on another thread a few days ago:

10-17-19 07:00 AM
    Did anyone have luck with logic mail for outlook live or gmail accounts?
    The last time I tried, you could still get it working, but I wouldn't use it for any email account used for financial or personal information, passwords, two-factor authentication, etc. It's not secure.

At this point, most people are just playing with the 9900 as a secondary device. Losing control of an important email account just wouldn't be worth it.

Here's the info: The Bold Explorer
    10-17-19 09:27 AM
    babugaru1:

Btw, which email app you are using? i tried logicmail for both outlook live and gmail but its not working at all
    I have BIS, configured with one native BB email address (it's as fast as SMS, 2-5 seconds lag) and two email addresses linked to my ISP (1 minute lag most of the time).

In my case either Curve 9320 or Bold 9720 will be my primary phone as long as I can get BIS in all the places I travel to. BB Classic is a backup phone in case BIS gets shut down, and an Android phone is used just with apps from financial institutions.

Sent from my BB 9320 using CB Forums app on Bell Canada BIS
    Last edited by Lex24; 10-18-19 at 01:26 AM.
    10-17-19 02:22 PM

Thanks, pls let me know if you make any progress in making OM keyboard version for bold9900
    10-18-19 04:59 AM