I use Fixmo's Wi-Fi Conserve feature, but even without it, I'm never on the edge of a Wi-Fi connection for an extended period of time. The auto-connect system works great, so long as the transition is within the expected time frame. In your situation, I'd try an app, such as Fixmo or Smart Wi-Fi (there are others), or turn the Wi-Fi off, unless you know you're in a decent signal area.
    mb2333 likes this.
    08-24-12 09:50 PM
    Maybe I'm missing something...My 9900 will auto connect to my home wireless. When I get to the fringe of the phone finding the router signal (1 bar on the WiFi icon) I inevitably will get an "unable to find server" message when selecting a link off a Google search. I then manually disconnect the wireless connection and run the same link off of 4G and load the page without issue. Happens every time unless the router signal spikes upward at the time I'm trying to load a page. My gripe is that 9900 will again connect to the wireless automatically in several minutes. Apparently it senses the wireless signal enough to auto connect but the signal is not strong enough to load web pages without error.

It's my opinion that this is a flaw and that turning off home wireless manually through network connections should leave it OFF until it is enabled manually again. Am I missing something or does anyone agree? Thanks.

-MB
    08-24-12 10:01 PM
    Your wireless cannot auto connect to anything if it is turned off.

Are you "Disconnecting" instead of "Turninng your wireless OFF"?
    08-26-12 10:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD