Hey guys, I have taken great care of my Bold 9900, but I was sick yesterday and so out of it that I accidentally dropped half a glass of water right on my phone.
    I wiped it dry in literally 5 seconds and it still seems to be working perfectly so should I worry about it? I don't really want my phone to die lol.
    12-27-11 02:33 PM
    Worry about it - what you should have done, was immediately pull the battery and throw the device into a bag of rice for a few days to remove the residual moisture you couldn't see or pickup. That water may come back to bite you in the azz in a few days. It's really too late now to do anything much...so you're either living on borrowed time, or you're just plain lucky. Time will tell.
    12-27-11 02:38 PM
    12-27-11 02:39 PM
    Please, everyone needs to wrap your device in a layer or two of paper towel BEFORE tossing it in rice. The rice also needed to come from a sealed bag as it moisture content will be equal to the room if not sealed.

A friend got rice inside his headphone socket and the external speaker quit working.
    12-27-11 02:45 PM
    Don't use rice. The method in the link I provided is better. Get silica dessicant from a sporting goods store or a gun shop.
    12-27-11 02:48 PM
    That is better for sure, but most people don't have that in their homes and the procedure should be started immediately...but the OP has had the device running for a day already - so I doubt there's much to do in that case.
    12-27-11 02:53 PM
    Water might win lol
    12-27-11 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD