Yes, my pc is installed, usually BBHTools BBSAK & I do, with OS shirnk the application, I will try
    Thanks maulid, it's easier to use BBSAK to extract all the cods, check all the cods and click to an empty folder/new folder.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-24-13 10:17 AM
    If any of you are struggling and want a hand remotely I am in the office for the next 2 hours I can remote on and
    help you out, This new OS would be a huge help.

Just drop me a pm
    Sator and Legal Eagle like this.
    03-24-13 10:17 AM
    @Maxx71. (and the rest of you) Long story short, I can’t, and can’t figure out how to. I’m stumped.

Here’s the long story though, in case you know something I don’t…

I have never in all my years conducted an OTA update on my device directly. I’ve read about members on other carriers who have done it. Some successful with no issues, but most have issues of incompletion or it taking anywhere from 2-6 hours to complete without the use of their devices. I have also always been under the impression in the past that in order to receive a notification for an update via DM that you had to already have an official OS (with vendor .xml) installed in order to be detected as being on that carrier network to receive that type of upgrade. I’ve never really had an official T-Mo OS on any of my devices over the years (been with T-Mo since 1997) as I immediately upgrade to the latest OS available leaked or otherwise, which T-Mo never usually has. LoL. I’ve only received notifications from within DM if I had installed a new OS locally on my PC, but chose to update at a later time for whatever reason.

With that said, this OS in all practicality is like an on-device OTA update, but from within DM itself. This must be something fairly new, as I don’t have any vendor.xml files resident on my PC to detect that I’m actually on T-Mo. Maybe things have changed over the years and that is no longer needed any longer for a carrier update to be offered. I have no problem throwing the .exe files into DropBox or something, but the problem is that the OS is not resident locally on my PC. Anywhere at all! I checked my shared folder and I have all of my installed OSs there except for this one. The upgrade did not even install a T-Mo vendor.xml file in the AppLoader. It’s as if the update was done totally OTA via the cloud (backup/restore) through the PC. There is actually nothing for me to extract for you guys. I’m kinda stumped!

Even when I go to the T-Mo site for OS downloads it is still showing that old version (as usual) mentioned here prior.

It seems that T-Mo is pushing this out and doesn’t want anyone else to get the actual files.

I am an old school dinosaur AppLoader guy. I don’t use BBSAK and stuff like that. I don’t even know how to, and have no experience with this OTA stuff at all, so maybe you guys can educate me on this, but I can definitely say that the upgrade process DID NOT install anything locally on my PC for me to extract for you. This I can say for sure without a doubt… Apologies.

Thoughts?

I had you as a contact on my BBM....guess you just needed that one thing, and that was that huh?

Anyways, add me back and I can walk you through how to extract the .912 cod files and then you can delete me off your list again LOL.

And it is a carrier pushed update, you can get it via OTA or DM, you do not need it on your pc/laptop for DM to tell you, that you have an update.
    03-24-13 10:36 AM
    If you drop Sator a PM I am sure that he will talk you though how to extract the cod files from your device and package them up to send to him.

Many of us would be very grateful to you if you could find the time to do so.
    I have no problem to try and help out. Especially when put like that...
    Only thing is that I'm about to go out to Church with my family and won't return until later in the afternoon. Sorry.
    I will gladly do this when I get back if someone can walk me through it without hurting my device. LoL.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-24-13 10:38 AM
    I feel like Brad just used me last year to get some things, and after receiving those said things he deleted me.....NOW had he been on my list, Sator, even Ian could've had an email from me now telling them to recook RC14.

To each their own.....
    03-24-13 10:41 AM
    It wouldnt cause any issue to your phone mate, it just backs up the cod files to a directory.

Non-disruptive.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-24-13 10:41 AM
    I had you as a contact on my BBM....guess you just needed that one thing, and that was that huh?

Anyways, add me back and I can walk you through how to extract the .912 cod files and then you can delete me off your list again LOL.

And it is a carrier pushed update, you can get it via OTA or DM, you do not need it on your pc/laptop for DM to tell you, that you have an update.
    Check your BBM, then come back and say that again...
    03-24-13 10:44 AM
    I feel like Brad just used me last year to get some things, and after receiving those said things he deleted me.....NOW had he been on my list, Sator, even Ian could've had an email from me now telling them to recook RC14.

To each their own.....
    You must have a serious bad taste in your mouth for the sh!t you talk.
    I don't need this.........
    gschep and Mecca EL like this.
    03-24-13 10:45 AM
    One person f*cks it up for everyone.
    I thought he was my friend...........
    Peace.
    03-24-13 10:48 AM
    I plugged in my Bold 9900 (T-mobile) and desktop manager updated the software to Bundle 2508 v 7.1.0.912.... Is this update an old one?
    Is there anything new, earth shattering with the update? Is it necessary to do?
    03-24-13 10:48 AM
    ok, let me or sator know later if you have a minute, and Deezy, please go and take a chill pill,
    or 2.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    03-24-13 10:50 AM
    You must have a serious bad taste in your mouth for the sh!t you talk.
    I don't need this.........
    What a mix up!! I searched for the BBM name you have, and you don't appear.....my bad bro LMFAO

I can search up anyone, and BOOM! They appear as I search, but you on the other hand are hard to find LOL.

Brad, my apologies for being a top-notch @$$hole
    Sator and Mecca EL like this.
    03-24-13 10:53 AM
    I get that with Daryl from the BL team, he has a funny D on his BBM name so it never comes
    up,

What a mix up!! I searched for the BBM name you have, and you don't appear.....my bad bro LMFAO

I can search up anyone, and BOOM! They appear as I search, but you on the other hand are hard to find LOL.

Brad, my apologies for being a top-notch @$$hole
    03-24-13 10:58 AM
    Awesome thanks, notice anything different other than NFC. Did the new OS give you any more or less free space.
    Last edited by 93Aero; 03-24-13 at 11:35 AM.
    03-24-13 11:04 AM
    Just to be totally and perfectly clear...
    I can understand someone not being able to find someone on BBM.
    I can even understand someone mistakenly calling someone out for thinking they were deleted.

What I don't dig at all is someone I called a friend putting all my PERSONAL business out in the public forums!!!!
    That's not cool! If I deal with someone on a personal level, and we are considered friends, I see no reason to get personal like that.
    For a post like that, PM could have been easily used.
    If I have any personal dealings with someone, I (incorrectly) thought it would in fact be private.

I really considered this guy as a close friend.....
    Who so impulsively airs out their "friends" laundry like that???

I won't even go into what he did for me because he knows it wasn't much of anything anyway.
    Although I appreciated what he did for me, it wasn't much of anything. Similar to what's being asked of me in this thread.
    He knows that, but tries to put it out there like he lent me money or something.

I gotta go. I will work it out with you guys when I get back.
    No need to hold anything against everyone else here. Apologies.
    ifraser and Mecca EL like this.
    03-24-13 11:16 AM
    work, I am using BBHTools for the file and save the CODs in a folder
    03-24-13 11:29 AM
    work, I am using BBHTools for the file and save the CODs in a folder

That would work if you can do it, then use mediafire or similar to upload.and share. thanks,
    03-24-13 12:00 PM
    Is there anything new, earth shattering with the update? Is it necessary to do?
    So far I notice minor things. NFC is now functioning. The "switch application" screen now says "switch applications" at the top, I don't recall seeing that before. The YouTube icon change. When I receive a call from a person that is not in my contacts a T-Mo app pops up and asks me if I want to save that phone number as a contact. Those are the only changes that I noticed so far.
    anon(4233372) and 93Aero like this.
    03-24-13 12:37 PM
    I find the easy way to update is to go to blackberry.com and use the update software option.
    03-24-13 01:06 PM
    I've downloaded BBHTool v.2.4.9.7a.
    I just have no idea what to do now. LoL.
    I don't know what tab to click, what to elect, how to avoid the .sfi file some mentioned... I'm at a loss...
    Never used it before, but I just wanted to help you guys out.
    I would want someone to do it for me.

I would like to get this done and put in my DropBox for you guys asap.

Any assistance would be helpful.
    Abrante and maxx71 like this.
    03-24-13 01:56 PM
    Thanks maulid, it's easier to use BBSAK to extract all the cods, check all the cods and click to an empty folder/new folder.

Hello all, I am trying to share with mediafire for Java CODs 9900 Bold 7.1.0.912 may be as expecte, here is the link

Java CODs 9900 7.1.0.912.rar

Thank's
    deezy87, Sator, FreddyB8 and 4 others like this.
    03-24-13 04:25 PM
    Hello all, I am trying to share with mediafire for Java CODs 9900 Bold 7.1.0.912 may be as expecte, here is the link

Java CODs 9900 7.1.0.912.rar

Thank's
    Thanks a lot maulid...

03-24-13 04:37 PM
    Thank Goodness!!!
    BBHT is not something I would wish on my worst enemy.

Wasted a whole Sunday for this dumb sh!t....................
    tcseacliff and maxx71 like this.
    03-24-13 04:37 PM
    Thank Goodness!!!

Sorry for your wasted time MADBRADNYC, and Thank you for your effort.

ifraser and Legal Eagle like this.
    03-24-13 04:45 PM
    Can I just echo Sators thanks, you tried your best, just if its not something you
    have done before its not the easiest process, stay safe mate and just ask if you need a
    hand with anything.

[/HL]
    Thank Goodness!!!

Legal Eagle likes this.
    03-24-13 04:51 PM
138 1234 ...