Hi All,

A merry Christmas to all of you.

Yesterday i used my Bold 9900 all the as i normally would. Around 4 p.m. i realized my battery was at 20%, but i had no way of charging it until i finished working around 6 p.m.

by the time i finished working my battery was completely drained, so the handheld was turned off. i plugged it into my OEM Car Charger and drove home, that about half hour drive. when i arrived home i've come to realize that i still had the empty battery with the lightning on my screen. i removed it from my car charger, i went inside to plug it into the wall charger. i went to take a shower, have dinner, watched some tv and came back after 2 hours to see if the device has turned on.

To my surprise i found the battery completely cold. i removed the batter and placed it into the wall charger again and wait a about 20 minutes. Still having the empty battery with the lightning. i borrowed my brothers fully charged battery and placed it into the phone, it started loading but comes to a stop at about 1/4 before finish and stays there. i tried a new OS reload, but still having the same issue. i left it in the PC and when it comes to where is usually freezes, i hear the device removed sound on my PC. Meaning, it freezes and doesnt do anything.

i used JL_Cmnder to completely remove the OS, and got error 507 which is normal and plugged it into the wall charger, the batter is getting warm, so i assume its charging.

but when i reload another OS, is freezes the same at 1/4 before finish and doesnt charge anymore.

What can i do to resolve this problem??? Please help, i bought the phone in US, but i live in Curacao (Netherlands Antilles-Caribbean) and its difficult to ship the phone back to the US.
    12-24-11 06:49 PM
    i tried a new OS reload, but still having the same issue. i left it in the PC and when it comes to where is usually freezes, i hear the device removed sound on my PC. Meaning, it freezes and doesnt do anything.

i used JL_Cmnder to completely remove the OS, and got error 507 which is normal and plugged it into the wall charger, the batter is getting warm, so i assume its charging.

but when i reload another OS, is freezes the same at 1/4 before finish and doesnt charge anymore.
    I had a similar issue downgrading from OS 7.1

Try this:

1. install the latest *official* device software on your pc (7.0.0.590)
    2. remove vendor.xml file then launch apploader
    3. take your battery out of your bricked 9900
    4. plug in your 9900 into your pc and put the battery back in
    5. wait until you see your device PIN showing up in apploader then press next be quick about it (you should see a msg saying something like "connecting to device ARM")
    *** i had to do this a couple of times before i got into the device software selection screen ***
    6. this is the important step: check all the native things you need to include - UNCHECK ALL 3rd PARTY SOFTWARE
    7. once you have completed your selection select next and ensure you select the 2nd checkbox - i.e. Do not restore your data etc.
    8. click next and proceed with the update
    9. pray it works
    12-24-11 07:18 PM
    1) When loading/installing the OS, the 1st bootup during the final stages of the loading process can sometimes take from 5-10 minutes with the progress bar indicator stuck at 75% or so, until it moves upwards to complete and return to the home screen. This is going to occur each and every time you reload the OS, even if it's the same OS that was previously installed on the device. The device may act "frozen" during that time, but it's not. You have to wait it out until the device has completed the process. It should not happen again after the load, no matter how many times the device has been rebooted, but, if you load the OS again, you will see this behavior yet again once during that load process. The device will NOT start the charge process until the OS is fully up and running.

2) NO OS=NO CHARGING.

3) If you are in the middle of rebooting the device, it will not resume it's charging cycle until the OS has fully loaded. Almost everything that was stated in the 1st thread seems congruent with normal device behavior.
    12-24-11 07:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD