First of all, let me say I am still relatively new to BBN so go easy. I upgraded today from a 9700 to a 9900. So far, impressions are good. It's a beautiful phone to use.

My only niggle is that I can't get notifications from the RIM twitter app. In the sounds menu, the twitter app is not listed anywhere for me to set a tone to new mentions etc. I have tried removing and reinstalling the app, but have had no luck.

Any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-11 01:34 PM
    Try opening your messages application and click your BB menu button, scroll down to message notifiers. There should be an option called other applications - notifiers, you will find twitter there.
    09-26-11 02:21 PM
    Double check/make sure your twitter version is 2.0.0.19
    If it isnt, you can download it OTA here:
    RROYY - APPLICATIONS

I recently reloaded wiped/reloaded the OS on my 9900 and app-world kept download 2.0.0.16 which had some bugs in it.
    09-26-11 02:37 PM
    Do you have notifications turned on in the app? Sounds dumb but I have forgotten to check this before and not sure if the default is on or off. you should have 3 options for the sounds but I think its under the "other" tab in your sound options.
    09-26-11 04:44 PM
    My version says 2.0.0.16. I checked for updates and none.

09-26-11 04:56 PM
    My version says 2.0.0.16. I checked for updates and none.

Get 2.0.0.19 from http://rroyy.com and then make sure you do a few battery pulls. In your profiles it'll be under other applications - notifiers

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-26-11 04:58 PM
    @tuborgman. That worked, thanks buddy. Told you I was new

@hestonk. Turned out I was running 2.0.0.16 too. I got the newer version too!

Thanks for both your replies!

09-26-11 05:34 PM
    Buy the application BeBuzz. Its a nice way to use the led to indicate who is bugging you.
    09-28-11 09:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD