Just got the white Bold 9900 (I wanted Black but it was out of stock!) and it' sshowing the internal storage as only being 6.0 GB with 5.7 GB free space.

According to gsmarena the internal storage is supposed to be 8 gigabytes.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Also I've saved a backup of my contacts etc from my 9800 Torch (which I sold) using the desktop software so can I restore that backup to the 9900 without any problems?
    12-09-11 09:28 AM
    Its true your phone has 8 gb internal memory but you can't see or use all 8 gb,like your hdd on laptop or portable storage.its normally
    12-09-11 09:45 AM
    the first 2gb are OS install and apps and ****e like that.
    the other is for media...
    12-09-11 09:46 AM
    Also I've saved a backup of my contacts etc from my 9800 Torch (which I sold) using the desktop software so can I restore that backup to the 9900 without any problems?
    Make sure to do a selective restore (ie: contact, messages, wifi profiles). Don't restore any system settings etc... It's not recommended to do a full restore when the OS' aren't the same, in this case OS6 to OS7.
    12-09-11 09:56 AM
    Thanks for the replies.

And thanks fnord, I'll do what you said i.e. the selective restore
    12-09-11 10:32 AM
    Just a side note, even if you have enough space, I would use a SD card for media such as pictures and movies (specially the one you take from the phone's camera). When I first place an SD card on the phone and open my camera app, it quickly prompt if I want to use the new SD card it found. Simply selected yes and good to go.
    12-09-11 12:09 PM
    Just a side note, even if you have enough space, I would use a SD card for media such as pictures and movies (specially the one you take from the phone's camera). When I first place an SD card on the phone and open my camera app, it quickly prompt if I want to use the new SD card it found. Simply selected yes and good to go.
    Why?

I keep all my pictures, and other important media, in the internal storage. It can be backed up with DM without any other messing around and trying to save media card contents. It's a lot more secure too with no need to encrypt the media card.

I keep all my movies and music on the media card, being they are all on my computer and ready to be transferred over if needed. The pics I take or receive are safe in the internal storage, and are backed up until I do whatever I want with them.
    Last edited by ridesno159; 12-09-11 at 12:45 PM.
    12-09-11 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD