I was at my local AT&T store (Shreveport, Louisiana) today inquiring about the Bold 9900 and if they had any information on its release. A salesman told me that it recently appeared on their employee site, meaning that it should be out "within the next week or two."

Has anyone else received similar information?
    08-22-11 07:47 PM
    Another "Rep confirmation" thread? We have tons of these. It's not coming out in a week or two. They are lying.

PG and Crucial have already said it's not ready.

Expect October Or November.
    08-22-11 08:22 PM
    Wow, way to attack. Simply passing on information. I'll guess we'll see.
    08-22-11 08:35 PM
    The problem with passing on the information is that it's become Jaded. There's tons of threads on this, it's not anything new. Sorry.
    joewoo likes this.
    08-22-11 09:05 PM
    With PG having it in field testing currently, it is doubtful it will be out before October. Stores are always the LAST to know release information. They aren't even able to order devices until a couple days before release.
    StephE likes this.
    08-22-11 10:21 PM
    I sure hope he is right, it would make much more sense than what is being said on the grapevine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 06:22 AM
    Ain't happening.
    08-23-11 07:59 AM
    I was at my local AT&T store (Shreveport, Louisiana) today inquiring about the Bold 9900 and if they had any information on its release. A salesman told me that it recently appeared on their employee site, meaning that it should be out "within the next week or two."

Has anyone else received similar information?
    Only if this was true.....*drops head* hey man, you can't knock the man for hoping...
    08-23-11 08:47 AM
    This is an actual chat window with a AT&T customer representative on AT&T.com concerning the Blackberry Bold 9900 release date.
    AT&T sales representatives are happy to assist you with your questions. Click below to begin your live text chat.

AT&T sales representatives will not have access to your personal account. This service is provided to you under AT&Ts Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

You are now chatting with Zachary B., an AT&T sales representative.

Zachary B.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How can I help you today?

Robin: Yeah I just have a quick question

Zachary B.: I'd be happy to help you with your questions. Do you have service with AT&T now?

Robin: My two year contract is up and I'm due for a full upgrade and I'm really interested in the new Blackberry Bold 9900 and I've noticed that Verizon and Sprint already have it but AT&T doesn't. Are you guys planning on carrying it?

Zachary B.: I'd be happy to help you with upgrading. I believe we are, not sure though. Let me see if I can find anything for you.

Robin: Thank you

Zachary B.: The Bold 9930 is for Verizon and Sprint, the 9900 is for AT&T and T-Mobile and planned for August 31.

Robin: Okay so the 9900 will be available through AT&T on August 31?

Zachary B.: Yes, from what I'm seeing that's right!

Zachary B.: So if you're eligible to upgrade, you can check back online to place an order for one then, or go into a store to see if they have any in stock.

Robin: Perfect, I've been eligible since May so I guess I can wait another week to upgrade, thank you much.

Zachary B.: You're welcome! Is there anything else you'd like help with?

Robin: That will do it, I was curious before I made any rash decisions because I prefer AT&T service

Zachary B.: Thank you for choosing AT&T. Have a great day.

The chat session has been closed by your AT&T sales representative.
    08-23-11 04:50 PM
    eh we'll see....we have 8 days left.
    08-23-11 05:32 PM
    Sweet if this is true! Only time will tell and it would make a lot more sense than to wait until October/November. That time line just doesn't sound right.

I really do need a new device sooooooon. My 9700 is a dog right now.
    08-23-11 05:33 PM
    This is what I was referring to:

No 9900 here...
    08-23-11 05:38 PM
    august 31st is t-mobile's date.if that is also the date for at&t,then that would mean that field testing has been complete and release is imminent.that would be great news because since im on at&t also.but can you really take a rep's word for a grain of salt?well you'll find out eventually.you must remember that for at&t the i5 gets the gold and the berries always get the silver.thats just how it is because of the their partnership with apple.to further extent,the i5 will launch first on at&t before any other carrier such as verizon or sprint.also,the newly announced curves won't appear on at&t until next january.at&t also is android haven,plenty of them coming too.everything points to october in my opinion for bb.apple also oct.
    blemoon42 likes this.
    08-23-11 06:37 PM
    Wow. I'm reluctant to really buy what that online chat is seeming to tell me. I'm a Cleveland sports fan...
    johnmarki likes this.
    08-23-11 08:17 PM
    @Studio983 my god I can only hope that's true, I'm not sure how much knowledge Zach has but hopefully the 31st is the date!!
    08-23-11 09:37 PM
    We should all do our independent chats to see if we get the same input from AT&T. If we are hearing more and more from AT&T reps online regarding this input. There could be a chance this might be true...
    08-23-11 09:40 PM
    I too had been told the 31st of this month by a fellow employee in the mobile dept at best buy. But then I was told nov/dec from a different one. So who knows other than RIM..... I'm hoping it's the sooner than the later!!!
    08-23-11 10:11 PM
    I asked an att rep today, and she had never heard of it. She told me they have the torch which is touchscreen. I said no, it's the bold touch screen, and she still had never heard of it.
    08-23-11 10:38 PM
    This is what I was referring to:

No 9900 here...
    This is bothering me too, if the 9900 is NOT on the Q4 release schedule, does that mean it is coming sooner or not at all?
    08-23-11 11:21 PM
    Wow. Hope we here something definitive soon. I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to know when AT&T plans to make it available for purchase.
    08-23-11 11:40 PM
    This is bothering me too, if the 9900 is NOT on the Q4 release schedule, does that mean it is coming sooner or not at all?
    What's the last Bold AT&T sold? They never picked up the 9780, did they?
    08-24-11 12:27 AM
    If they were not going to carry it then it would have never been to field testing, right?

Since it was sent to field testing and they will carry it then why would it be over two months away?

I call BS on the late Oct/Nov release. I don't believe the iPhone has anything to do with it, and if it did than why launch a $600 device (9810) shortly before the iPhone release??? Apple can hold back the 9900 and not the 9810??? I am the king of conspiracy theorists and that sounds like a crock to me.

The real world facts would have a reasonable person conclude sooner than later and that would make Aug 31st the most logical time.
    Last edited by olblueyez; 08-24-11 at 01:00 AM.
    08-24-11 12:56 AM
    This is an actual chat window with a AT&T customer representative on AT&T.com concerning the Blackberry Bold 9900 release date.
    AT&T sales representatives are happy to assist you with your questions. Click below to begin your live text chat.

AT&T sales representatives will not have access to your personal account. This service is provided to you under AT&Ts Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.

You are now chatting with Zachary B., an AT&T sales representative.

Zachary B.: Welcome to AT&T online Sales support. How can I help you today?

Robin: Yeah I just have a quick question

Zachary B.: I'd be happy to help you with your questions. Do you have service with AT&T now?

Robin: My two year contract is up and I'm due for a full upgrade and I'm really interested in the new Blackberry Bold 9900 and I've noticed that Verizon and Sprint already have it but AT&T doesn't. Are you guys planning on carrying it?

Zachary B.: I'd be happy to help you with upgrading. I believe we are, not sure though. Let me see if I can find anything for you.

Robin: Thank you

Zachary B.: The Bold 9930 is for Verizon and Sprint, the 9900 is for AT&T and T-Mobile and planned for August 31.

Robin: Okay so the 9900 will be available through AT&T on August 31?

Zachary B.: Yes, from what I'm seeing that's right!

Zachary B.: So if you're eligible to upgrade, you can check back online to place an order for one then, or go into a store to see if they have any in stock.

Robin: Perfect, I've been eligible since May so I guess I can wait another week to upgrade, thank you much.

Zachary B.: You're welcome! Is there anything else you'd like help with?

Robin: That will do it, I was curious before I made any rash decisions because I prefer AT&T service

Zachary B.: Thank you for choosing AT&T. Have a great day.

The chat session has been closed by your AT&T sales representative.
    Trolls will be Trolls.

Online service reps do not communicate in that verbiage.
    08-24-11 01:56 AM
    This is true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-24-11 02:36 AM
    Called att again today, told them I was eligible for upgrade and was going with Verizon if I had to wait a long time for the 9900. He didn't know what phone I was talking about and had to google it. Still didn't give me a date.
    08-24-11 08:25 AM
1,957 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD