Stopped in the local TMob store today to look at this phone. Asked the rep about UMA - she said she was told by RIM it may not ever come. I'm going to wait to see if it ever gets added.
    09-09-11 07:16 PM
    One more update, after 3 days I gor JVM error 517 and now I have to return the phone. I guess that's what you get when you only pay $50 for a $300 phone from T-Mobile.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-11 10:15 PM
    Stopped in the local TMob store today to look at this phone. Asked the rep about UMA - she said she was told by RIM it may not ever come. I'm going to wait to see if it ever gets added.
    Not true. T-mobile account manager stated that UMA software app for T-mobile will be available in perhaps a month. You will have to launch the application to turn on UMA since there is no hardware UMA on the phone.
    09-10-11 08:50 PM
    One more update, after 3 days I gor JVM error 517 and now I have to return the phone. I guess that's what you get when you only pay $50 for a $300 phone from T-Mobile.

Same here on the 2nd 9900 from tmobile, lol they tried to charge me a 50$ restocking fee to return a DEFECTIVE phone, so I told them I wanted my full money back and I was not going to try a 3rd device. (truth is I'm going to wait to order over the phone to get cheaper cause i paid 650) lol tmobile peeps have become very douchie.
    09-10-11 09:54 PM
    Same here on the 2nd 9900 from tmobile, lol they tried to charge me a 50$ restocking fee to return a DEFECTIVE phone, so I told them I wanted my full money back and I was not going to try a 3rd device. (truth is I'm going to wait to order over the phone to get cheaper cause i paid 650) lol tmobile peeps have become very douchie.
    What is really starting to get me is that I love every one of my BlackBerries but I don't think I've never had one work out of the box yet.

09-10-11 11:04 PM
    Not true. T-mobile account manager stated that UMA software app for T-mobile will be available in perhaps a month. You will have to launch the application to turn on UMA since there is no hardware UMA on the phone.
    The person I spoke with had just returned from RIM training. She also said that the next BB phone coming would not have it.

I'm just sharing what I was told. I'm not buying the 9900 until UMA is available. If never, then I'm not buying.
    09-11-11 10:00 AM
    I wonder whether she/they mean you will not get UMA but will get wifi calling. It is the same without handoff as i understand it. But I have heard nothing dispositve re even getting wifi calling.
    09-11-11 10:33 AM
    it honestly was a combination of speaking to the right person in loyalty, having 2/5 lines not in contract, being persistant, and being with them for 7 years. loyalty's best available price on the phone is 249.99 which is why it was bogo at that price. it took me about 4 calls to them to get the final deal i wanted. they also didnt charge me that crazy upgrade fee and let me keep my old $19.99 unlimited data plan. tmobile has changed though. through loyalty i used to be able to extend contracts for only one year as recently as feb of this year and get better pricing than on a regular 2 year contract. when i got my bold 9780 in 2/2011 i got it for $29.99 and a 1 year contract... wish i could still do that...
    Thanks for the explanation... It makes more sense why they were willing to work with you because you have multiple phone lines... But 4 calls to them? That stinks that you have to invest that amount of time to get a favorable resolution....
    09-13-11 02:57 PM
    What is really starting to get me is that I love every one of my BlackBerries but I don't think I've never had one work out of the box yet.

I'm on my 2nd defective 9780, I will not try a 3rd device.... This plant in MEXICO must really BLOW ***... The 9780's were plauged by the defective keyboard problem, and it wasn't until about 6 months after launch, that a T-Mobile Rep on these forums said there was a Service Bulletin from RIM indicating any 9780 phones manufactured before 3/31/11, may be prone to the defect.....

Was hoping RIM had gotten their act together after that debacle with the 9780, but now I'm not so optimistic.... Maybe it's a good thing that I can't purchase this phone until January.
    09-13-11 03:00 PM
509 ... 192021
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD