[QUOTE=.Britnasty;6647956]Good Luck! I feel your pain. I've been watching the UPS website like a hawk just in case it updates with 'early delivery' for Tuesday. I even switched hours at work so I get out earlier so I have more time getting my 9900 the way I like it.

Lol. I've been watching the UPS tracking too. Keep us updated if you see something either way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BuddyL; 09-05-11 at 01:35 AM.
    09-04-11 11:32 PM
    I'm getting the Casemate "Barely There" in silver brushed aluminum. The OEM BB hard case looks good too, but the Casemate, being metal, is a bit more "premium looking" and shows off more of the stainless steel band. The shape of the case probably allows for the charging pod.
    Not a big fan of the Casemate cases, Id rather go with an OEM BB case.

Thinkin i'll go hardshell.
    09-05-11 12:26 AM
    It's at Kentucky!
    09-05-11 05:52 PM
    Ugh so I went to the store today to return my 9900 cause I paid full price for it and it has been glitching and the battery is terrible. NOW the thing is I had the 9930 for 2 weeks and the battery was amazing and no glitching. So it's definitely an OS thing and I have tried all leaked OS and they are all the same crap So I went to return it and the guy told me I had to pay a re-stocking fee(wtf?) It was defective, and he said it didn't matter which I thought was utter bull**** lol so I just exchanged it and giving a 2nd chance but I just noticed the keyboard is not sitting right on the phone lol theres like a whole LED line between the menu keys / keyboard haha... so lame. I hope I don't have to return cause I will not pay a ******* re-stocking fee! I just didn't feel like arguing cause they were about to close and it's a holiday lol.
    09-05-11 06:40 PM
    My UPS just updated that its at a sorting facility like 2 miles from my house

*crosses finger for even earlier delivery; but won't count on it*
    BBxpress likes this.
    09-05-11 11:05 PM
    seems you can get Bold 9900 with no data plan @ tmobile.com
    I just tried with a 80$ family plan, got all the way up to entering CC info. Weird, why want 9900 without data? it would be interesting experiment.
    09-06-11 09:16 AM
    seems you can get Bold 9900 with no data plan @ tmobile.com
    I just tried with a 80$ family plan, got all the way up to entering CC info. Weird, why want 9900 without data? it would be interesting experiment.
    Maybe on new plans, but upgrades list:
    "This phone requires a Web service in order to access the Internet, e-mail, and more. After you receive your new phone, you�ll need to visit My T-Mobile to add a Web service."
    09-06-11 10:07 AM
    How in the heck are you guys getting it for less from 611? I have called them 15 times and always get the same answer about how good a device it is and it is new and we can't discount it yet and all that? SUCKS! I want one right now but refuse to pay that much for it. I saw lets talk or wirefly or one of them selling for $169. Going to call them next although it is back ordered. I can wait if I get it for less money!
    09-06-11 11:54 AM
    I just ordered two of these from T-Mobile over the phone. $249 for one and the second is free. Two year contract for both lines. No upgrade fee. Free shipping. No change to my old $19.99 unlimited data plan from 3 years ago. All great!
    Speak to the Customer Loyalty department. Not retentions rather LOYALTY. They have always been able to help me out.
    Please enlighten us as to what one has to say to obtain such an offer... I ALWAYS go through the Loyalty Department and am courteous and professional with them, but I don't make outrageous demands.... As you can see from my post on my previous page, 3 CS Reps I spoke with wouldn't even let me return my defective 9780 and upgrade to a 9900 and pay the $299 (minus MIR) upgrade price.....

I have a real hard time believing they let you purchase 2 phones for $250.00... It's well known that the carriers typically lose money on the sale of smartphones at discounts, why would they sell you 2 phones at a $250 price when they are charging $350 for the upgrade cost for a single phone? Why wouldn't they just offer you 2 phones for the price of 1 instead of lowering the price $100 AND making that offer? Makes absolutely no sense.... Their computer system is place in designed to prevent random and arbitrary deals like this from their CS agents.... Like when you order a new phone and they try to tell you that you have to upgrade to a new data plan, and you refuse to, and they say okay and they inform you that they have to upgrade you to the new plan first to purchase the phone, then they'll downgrade you back to your current plan to "trick" the system... That's what they did for me....

Please let us know how one gets the carrier to bend over backwards for you. I'm not planning on contacting them and trying the same, I just need more details before I can decide whether or not to believe what you communicated, you obviously left out some details...
    Last edited by wolfgaze; 09-06-11 at 05:37 PM.
    09-06-11 05:27 PM
    OMG, I am so JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!! I finally got over to the T-mo store and played with this device. Holy smokes it is responsive. There is almost no lag between hitting anything on the screen and BAM it pops right up. I am so getting this phone, I just gotta get them to reduce the price a little. But what a quick phone. I am really, really amazed. All the videos I have seen do not do it justice.
    09-06-11 06:06 PM
    Please enlighten us as to what one has to say to obtain such an offer... I ALWAYS go through the Loyalty Department and am courteous and professional with them, but I don't make outrageous demands.... As you can see from my post on my previous page, 3 CS Reps I spoke with wouldn't even let me return my defective 9780 and upgrade to a 9900 and pay the $299 (minus MIR) upgrade price.....

I have a real hard time believing they let you purchase 2 phones for $250.00... It's well known that the carriers typically lose money on the sale of smartphones at discounts, why would they sell you 2 phones at a $250 price when they are charging $350 for the upgrade cost for a single phone? Why wouldn't they just offer you 2 phones for the price of 1 instead of lowering the price $100 AND making that offer? Makes absolutely no sense.... Their computer system is place in designed to prevent random and arbitrary deals like this from their CS agents.... Like when you order a new phone and they try to tell you that you have to upgrade to a new data plan, and you refuse to, and they say okay and they inform you that they have to upgrade you to the new plan first to purchase the phone, then they'll downgrade you back to your current plan to "trick" the system... That's what they did for me....

Please let us know how one gets the carrier to bend over backwards for you. I'm not planning on contacting them and trying the same, I just need more details before I can decide whether or not to believe what you communicated, you obviously left out some details...
    you are an *****. For example, I was able to get all my overcharge charges rolled back by upgrading to a higher plan. You have to just work with them...
    09-06-11 06:12 PM
    I'm not planning on contacting them and trying the same, I just need more details before I can decide whether or not to believe what you communicated, you obviously left out some details...
    So, its more believable that he came in here and made up this story to make you feel like you're getting a lousy deal?
    09-06-11 07:02 PM
    It's here! Btw. I can't speak to others but only directly to my situation. From what other people have posted it does seem that each experience is different. In my case I don't know what will be harder to believe, that I paid $50 for mine or that it arrived this afternoon after ordering it Thursday night.

If it's any consolation I'm having trouble with my emails which it seems that many people have had so far.
    09-06-11 07:53 PM
    Just a heads up to anyone with miserable battery life, I had the store swap one out of a box that was returned (without the battery even being opened) and it made a huge difference. 8 hours to 24+ hours of life from old to new battery. I posted some info here if anyone is curious: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6647801

Just thought I'd toss my hat in the ring as someone who had a defective battery for sure. Also the sales reps at the local t-mobile store were great at making it easy to swap, was in and out of the store in 2 minutes.
    09-06-11 08:00 PM
    So, its more believable that he came in here and made up this story to make you feel like you're getting a lousy deal?
    I asked him for more details because I have a hard time understanding why the carrier would give away 2 devices for less than the normal cost of 1 device... Can you think of a good reason why anyone would qualify for that type of deal? I asked for more details.... What is the issue? Seems like a valid question to me.

you are an *****. For example, I was able to get all my overcharge charges rolled back by upgrading to a higher plan. You have to just work with them...
    I'm sorry, how does your post contribute to the issue at hand? Overage charges? We're talking about getting a free phone and reduced cost on an additional phone. This has nothing to do with overage charges... How much do you think your "overage charges" is affecting T-Mobile's profitability? T-Mobile loses at least $450 by selling two 9900's for $250.00.... More if they would have sold those at full retail pricing.... I've been a T-Mobile customer for 7 years now and I've never missed a payment or ever exceeded my allowable monthly minutes.... Can you tell me how a customer like me with my good standing, can "work with them" to get free devices? By "work with them" do you mean put up a fit on the phone and threaten to cancel and complain to multiple T-Mobile reps until I get what I want? If that's what you mean, that's not how I handle my personally handle my business....

When January rolls around I will contact T-Mobile again and pay $350 (less $50 MIB) for my device.... It's not a money issue for me.... I simply want to know what a person has to do to be in the good graces of the carrier to the point where they are agreeing to give away free expensive smartphones and offer special pricing.... It's not readily apparent to me, is it readily apparent to you? Let's be realistic.... If all you had to do was call in and ***** and threaten to cancel your account, everyone would do that and everyone would get these hook ups.... But that's obviously not the case and not something the carrier would make a common practice.... If being a longstanding Customer who never misses payments and never exceeds usage rates isn't what qualifies you to be in the type of good standing to get these "deals", what would?
    Last edited by wolfgaze; 09-06-11 at 10:53 PM.
    sjsplaty likes this.
    09-06-11 10:37 PM
    Maybe it was just the way you said it, like he needed to prove his story to you.

Anyway, VZW routinely has Buy 1 Get 1 offers. What they lose in hardware sales, they make up for in service and that's really the business they are in.
    09-06-11 10:58 PM
    It's here! Btw. I can't speak to others but only directly to my situation. From what other people have posted it does seem that each experience is different. In my case I don't know what will be harder to believe, that I paid $50 for mine or that it arrived this afternoon after ordering it Thursday night.

If it's any consolation I'm having trouble with my emails which it seems that many people have had so far.
    how did you manage to get that price?
    09-06-11 11:09 PM
    So like when are we going to see a price drop? $199 for 2 yr upgrade seems about right... but NO t-mo says otherwise! & no more installment payment plans? just shoot me already :/
    09-07-11 03:34 AM

Anyway, VZW routinely has Buy 1 Get 1 offers. What they lose in hardware sales, they make up for in service and that's really the business they are in.
    But those are offers made available to the general public... So that's a bit different.... And typically they are not offered on brand new, high-end smartphones...... Entry level Curve devices are obviously a bit different....
    09-07-11 03:03 PM
    Its here! Just re-storing my old information to my new device. UGH LOVING IT!
    09-07-11 03:19 PM
    ^^congrats! you're gonna looove it!
    09-07-11 06:26 PM
    Seriously----LIGHTYEARS better than my 9700. I haven't gotten one spinning time clock or any problems loading webpages!

And I've gone out and I've had Full "4G" bars everywhere, so much better! I suggest everyone get one eventually!

My uncle is still using his Bold 9000 and I called him and told him he NEEDED to upgrade finally, he wouldn't forgive himself if he didn't. His response----"I'll see how yours is cause I wasn't too impressed with the 9700".
    Last edited by .Britnasty; 09-07-11 at 06:30 PM.
    Guatiao likes this.
    09-07-11 06:27 PM

it honestly was a combination of speaking to the right person in loyalty, having 2/5 lines not in contract, being persistant, and being with them for 7 years. loyalty's best available price on the phone is 249.99 which is why it was bogo at that price. it took me about 4 calls to them to get the final deal i wanted. they also didnt charge me that crazy upgrade fee and let me keep my old $19.99 unlimited data plan. tmobile has changed though. through loyalty i used to be able to extend contracts for only one year as recently as feb of this year and get better pricing than on a regular 2 year contract. when i got my bold 9780 in 2/2011 i got it for $29.99 and a 1 year contract... wish i could still do that...
    09-07-11 09:13 PM
    it honestly was a combination of speaking to the right person in loyalty, having 2/5 lines not in contract, being persistant, and being with them for 7 years. loyalty's best available price on the phone is 249.99 which is why it was bogo at that price. it took me about 4 calls to them to get the final deal i wanted. they also didnt charge me that crazy upgrade fee and let me keep my old $19.99 unlimited data plan. tmobile has changed though. through loyalty i used to be able to extend contracts for only one year as recently as feb of this year and get better pricing than on a regular 2 year contract. when i got my bold 9780 in 2/2011 i got it for $29.99 and a 1 year contract... wish i could still do that...
    Well my situation is this:
    Currently out of contract with 5/5 lines. They have all been with T-Mobile since 1999 and all in good standing. And yet, I can't get them to budge from $379 per phone, per line. EVEN though I am not requesting a 1 year contract, which they gave him 15 months ago. I need some help, this is a joke!
    09-07-11 10:03 PM
    how did you manage to get that price?
    I said it in an earlier post but I feel I had a "perfect storm" situation.

Basically, I'm eligible for a full upgrade and that I'm off contract now and have been a T-Mobile customer for over 7 years and when I called T-Mo I asked why did I wait to use my upgrade for a phone that will be the same price if I walked into a store and purchase it. I believe I had been transferred to retenion/loyalty and she said she can offer me the 9900 for $50. I said that's incredible and wanted to make sure that I don't have to change my plan or some other catch and she said just a new 2 year contract.

Like I said at the time, I don't think it'll work for everyone but if you're not just eligible for full upgrade also off contract it'll definitely help. Also, with other phones being sold by other carriers at the same time might of also helped.

The funny part is she explained why she could make me this offer and I really wasn't listening as all i was thinking was that i was getting the phone for $50. Technically $100 as i still have to send iin the MIR of $50
    09-07-11 10:29 PM
509 ... 18192021
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD