To anyone on the fence, LetsTalk now has the T-Mobile 9900 in stock----and my order just shipped with a delivery date of Wednesday!

Holla!

Nice!

How much was it? I don't even think it's much of a discount, maybe like $20? Well for me, it was. Since it was such a hassle, I canceled my order and just bought it at T-Mobile. Because they only offer that price with certain plans, and if your plan doesn't match the LetsTalk's plans you won't get the phone for their listed price. But mines came out to around $280 when I was going to order it through Wal-Mart. And at T-Mobile it is right at $300 after the mail in rebate. I don't think its much difference, but I might be wrong. This is what the LetsTalk rep told me.
    09-01-11 04:53 PM
    Just placed my order through Wirefly for $249 shipped, no tax, no shipping. I really can't believe we have to go to other places other than direct from T-Mobile to get a comparative (to other carriers) price on this phone. I called T-Mobile before I did it to see if they might do a match since Wirefly has the option to keep your same plan, so there's no difference in ordering with them or direct. They basically said "no, order from them if you want a better price", I'm pretty shocked and happy at the same time. $249 shipped!
    09-01-11 07:01 PM
    To anyone on the fence, LetsTalk now has the T-Mobile 9900 in stock----and my order just shipped with a delivery date of Wednesday!

Holla!
    Nice... Just incase you didnt know, you were able to get overnight shipping for free.. I was about to buy it from them but then noticed that wirefly had a sale and iwas able to keep my original unlimited data plan instead of changing to 2gb a month.. it was like 30 bucks more and overnight shipping was 20
    isp23 likes this.
    09-01-11 07:04 PM
    Nice... Just incase you didnt know, you were able to get overnight shipping for free.. I was about to buy it from them but then noticed that wirefly had a sale and iwas able to keep my original unlimited data plan instead of changing to 2gb a month.. it was like 30 bucks more and overnight shipping was 20
    Keeping my existing plan is what sold me on Wirefly over Letstalk. Also, I don't anyone personally that has ever ordered from Letstalk, but I do have some coworkers that have used Wirefly so that helped as well.

I kept the standard shipping on mine, now I'm rethinking my choice. lol
    Made_in_RIM likes this.
    09-01-11 07:10 PM
    Keeping my existing plan is what sold me on Wirefly over Letstalk. Also, I don't anyone personally that has ever ordered from Letstalk, but I do have some coworkers that have used Wirefly so that helped as well.

I kept the standard shipping on mine, now I'm rethinking my choice. lol
    lol dont worry, it'll get to you sooner than you expect. Whats funny is that I literally just noticed that I received and email which I was suppose to confirm my order at 1pm... meaning that now the order will be processed tomorrow by 3pm and wont receive the phone as soon as i expected! so def dont feel bad about deciding to go with free shipping LOL
    09-01-11 07:18 PM
    Nice!

How much was it? I don't even think it's much of a discount, maybe like $20? Well for me, it was. Since it was such a hassle, I canceled my order and just bought it at T-Mobile. Because they only offer that price with certain plans, and if your plan doesn't match the LetsTalk's plans you won't get the phone for their listed price. But mines came out to around $280 when I was going to order it through Wal-Mart. And at T-Mobile it is right at $300 after the mail in rebate. I don't think its much difference, but I might be wrong. This is what the LetsTalk rep told me.
    I only paid the $214.99. I called T-Mobile and asked if, since my plan wasn't listed, I could change my plan for my upgrade and the lady said yes and put a note on the account to make it go through.

I saw the overnight free shipping on the regular letstalk website and not on the walmart site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 08:08 PM
    letstalk is now down to $199.99 for a 2-year upgrade.
    09-02-11 09:40 AM
    If any of you are long time t-mobile customers, and you were able to haggle with Customer Care (corporate) over the phone and get it at a cheaper price, please let us know! Thank you!
    I'm not saying this will work for everybody as in my case I had a "perfect storm" situation. I'll condense the story and leave out the part where the in-store salesman tried to tell me the vaule plan was a better deal than I have now as it still would of cost me $299 for the phone.

I called corporate and for 20 minutes kept asking how as a T-Mobile customer who is eligible for an upgrade will pay the same price as somebody off the street buying a new phone. I got kicked over to somebody and explained again that I'm eligible for a full upgrade and that I'm off contract now and have been a T-Mobile customer for over 7 years and why did I wait to use my upgrade for a phone that will be the same price if I walked into a store and purchase it.

She put me on hold and came back and said she can offer me the 9900 for $50. I said that's incredible and wanted to make sure that I don't have to change my plan or some other catch and she said just a new 2 year contract.

Again, I don't think it'll work for everyone but if you're not just eligible for full upgrade but also off contract it'll definitely help.

09-02-11 03:06 PM
    I'm not saying this will work for everybody as in my case I had a "perfect storm" situation. I'll condense the story and leave out the part where the in-store salesman tried to tell me the vaule plan was a better deal than I have now as it still would of cost me $299 for the phone.

I called corporate and for 20 minutes kept asking how as a T-Mobile customer who is eligible for an upgrade will pay the same price as somebody off the street buying a new phone. I got kicked over to somebody and explained again that I'm eligible for a full upgrade and that I'm off contract now and have been a T-Mobile customer for over 7 years and why did I wait to use my upgrade for a phone that will be the same price if I walked into a store and purchase it.

She put me on hold and came back and said she can offer me the 9900 for $50. I said that's incredible and wanted to make sure that I don't have to change my plan or some other catch and she said just a new 2 year contract.

Again, I don't think it'll work for everyone but if you're not just eligible for full upgrade but also off contract it'll definitely help.

The 9900 for $50!?
    09-02-11 03:08 PM
    The 9900 for $50!?
    lol. I know! I actually thought when she came back she was going to say $249 or even $199. I'm not sure if I'd be interested even at that price but when she said $50! Also, I'm sure if I was into my 23rd month of my contract they wouldn't of done anything special for me so my situation was in my favor.

09-02-11 03:26 PM
    lol. I know! I actually thought when she came back she was going to say $249 or even $199. I'm not sure if I'd be interested even at that price but when she said $50! Also, I'm sure if I was into my 23rd month of my contract they wouldn't of done anything special for me so my situation was in my favor.

Was it someone from the retentions department that offered this?
    09-02-11 04:29 PM

ugh not cool! for me i mean lol. awesome for you!
    I was able to get the full upgrade even though I wasn't due and free shipping but that was as far as I could get. I wish I insisted a little bit more now!
    09-02-11 04:31 PM
    I think it was retention. I actually forgot to ask for them at the time as someone on this board had said that was the way to go about this. But once I started talking to this person and the way she handled it then I believe it had to be retention.

09-02-11 04:35 PM
    ugh not cool! for me i mean lol. awesome for you!
    I was able to get the full upgrade even though I wasn't due and free shipping but that was as far as I could get. I wish I insisted a little bit more now!
    I hope this story helps some people but I know it won't work for everyone but if you're in a good position now is the time to bargain.
    09-02-11 05:26 PM
    Quick question for all of you who already have the T-mobile Bold.

For those of you using the preloaded OS from T-mobile (.250 I think) Hows your battery life? Does it have to go through a few charging cycles to get decent battery performance?
    09-02-11 05:55 PM
    I know it was a grip to pay $299 out of pocket to get it WITH the payment plan, but sometimes you gotta pay for what you want!! It was one of those, just do it before I regret it type things, but I'm completely in love with this phone!

suself likes this.
    09-02-11 06:00 PM
    Quick question for all of you who already have the T-mobile Bold.

For those of you using the preloaded OS from T-mobile (.250 I think) Hows your battery life? Does it have to go through a few charging cycles to get decent battery performance?
    Mine was really bad the first 24 to 36 hours but since then it settled in. I'm getting good life for such a powerful device. Yesterday I took it off the charger in my car around 6 pm at 100%...I surfed the web for about an hour, listened to 30 minutes of music, talked on the phone for maybe 10 minutes, had push score mobile scores coming in and sent and received about 15 texts and emails, as well as checking social feeds regularly through out the night. I put it in standby and went to bed around midnight. When I got up this morning to the alarm at 7, I was at 85%.
    09-02-11 06:34 PM

Do you honestly expect ANYONE here to believe a word of this? That's worse than my 199 troll post lol...come on you can do better than that!
    09-03-11 08:11 AM
    Actually, I've read your posts on this thread and since you take a certain pride in fooling people I can understand why you feel others would do the same.

Whether you believe me or not is up to you. I explained my situation in my posts very clearly. You can even read previous posts I've written in other threads to check my credibility.

On the other hand, it doesn't matter how great a deal I got. I just got an e-mail this morning that its on backorder so it doesn't look like I'm getting it this Wednesday as I planned.

09-03-11 11:14 AM
    So I guess the joke is on you? BTW I apolgoized and fully admitted about the 199 joke. Hey at least I admitted it, most people would have just continued it for all it was worth.

But no, I don't believe you got it for 50 bucks lol, no way. That's really pushin it lol.
    09-03-11 11:17 AM
    I have been a Tmo customer for 5 years and I used my upgrade to get the Bold 9780 I am no way near eligable for an upgrade or extension so I would have to pay full price and going off the website it totals up close to $700 !!! Screw that!!! Almost $700 and no UMA no thanks ill wait til UMA is avalable for it and maybe they'll knock the price down a bit....

09-03-11 11:27 AM
    So I guess the joke is on you? BTW I apolgoized and fully admitted about the 199 joke. Hey at least I admitted it, most people would have just continued it for all it was worth.

But no, I don't believe you got it for 50 bucks lol, no way. That's really pushin it lol.
    Like I said I'm surprised myself. I truly believe that the retention person was going to say $249 or $199 so when she said $50 I first thought that they were going to make me get the Value plan. I thought there had to be some catch.

Again I think it was the perfect storm in my situation. Maybe even all the new BlackBerries out this month by other carriers may of played a part in the offer to keep me. Who knows, but for now I've got a great deal but no idea when I'll get the phone.

Last edited by BuddyL; 09-03-11 at 12:47 PM.
    09-03-11 11:37 AM
    I got $100 off my bill and been with them for 10yrs. what plan do u have?
    09-03-11 11:42 AM
    I got $100 off my bill and been with them for 10yrs. what plan do u have?
    I have the loyalty plan they offered about 3 years ago. Unlimited everything for around $85. Since its grandfathered I can't change it or I lose it so these Value Plans are still not as good as I've got.

09-03-11 11:49 AM
    Mine was really bad the first 24 to 36 hours but since then it settled in. I'm getting good life for such a powerful device. Yesterday I took it off the charger in my car around 6 pm at 100%...I surfed the web for about an hour, listened to 30 minutes of music, talked on the phone for maybe 10 minutes, had push score mobile scores coming in and sent and received about 15 texts and emails, as well as checking social feeds regularly through out the night. I put it in standby and went to bed around midnight. When I got up this morning to the alarm at 7, I was at 85%.
    Oh thats pretty good!

I just loaded the latest leak, and now my battery life is fantastic.

Not sure if that has to do with the OS or the fact that the device has been through a few charging cycles, or both.
    09-03-11 03:07 PM
509 ... 1617181920 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD