I just got back home from my local TMO store. I went to talk to a friend of mine who works there and thought I would share what I just read.

First I know people like to say no photos no proof but I just looked over a document from TMO and RIM stating that the 9900 at launch will not have UMA and hotspot. However the document did state point blank that UMA and Hotspot will be enable during the next OTA update.

Now if the price would drop down to $200 and I would be in.

Also with the AT&T merger going down in flames today with the DOJ seeking to stop it I will happily go on contract with TMO.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-31-11 08:43 PM
    I don't really see a ridge.. maybe I am looking at the wrong spot your trying to point out.

BUT, I noticed bottom right corner, there is a gap? It seems like the manufacturer cut that gap rather than a error. Anyone else see this?
    The sharp ridge is where if you were to run your finger down the screen it meets the top top of buttons. It's like the glass surface of the screen is set slightly too deeply.

I'm really surprised how much it bothers me though - think i will be visiting the store tomorrow to see if it is me or if they are all like this!
    08-31-11 08:44 PM
    juss order'd this bad boy, paid $415.14 for it lol

took the ups 3 day express shippin, hopefully it comes soon lol, im tired of my white curve 8520 lolz
    Nice! Post some pictures when you get it in.

The TMo Puerto Rico site has not even been updated with the 9900...

http://www.t-mobilepr.com/telefonos_list.php?cat=82
    Sorry to hear. I hope it updates soon for you.

Man, BBxpress' pictures are killing me. Never got a chance to make it over to the store today, stupid work.

Based on people's responses, the Value plans might be the way to go. And I might try to get the $100 credit, I've been with T-Mob for almost years now (that's crazy I just realized that).
    Sorry about the pictures, isp23! Should I post some more so you can go and get it tomorrow??
    08-31-11 08:46 PM
    BBExpress is making me so antsy. I wish it were Wednesday/Thursday already! I want mine!
    08-31-11 08:48 PM
    BBExpress is making me so antsy. I wish it were Wednesday/Thursday already! I want mine!
    Did you make a order already?
    08-31-11 09:00 PM
    Ok, I finally got some info on the 9900 prices in Puerto Rico, as per a TMo 611 rep:

Regular price-$550
    "Discount"-$200
    Final price-$350+17.99 (I suppose this is the activation fee). In my case, I would a 7% tax to the final price=$393.75

THERE IS NO FREAKING WAY I AM PAYING SO MUCH FOR THIS OR ANY SMARTPHONE. There, in caps. No way. I did not even hear the rep say anything about the $50 rebate. My full discount will come in Oct. 25, which I guess will not see a much lower price than $350.

So, my dear 9700 will be in service for a while more...
    yeah that's how much I unfortunately paid.. but will get the $50 rebate and hopefully sell my torch for a decent price
    08-31-11 09:28 PM
    Did you make a order already?
    Yup this morning! I was gonna do Overnight shipping for $18 so i can have it right away but Letstalk's definition of Overnight is 2-3 business days, and their FREE standard shipping is 1-4 business days.

But yeah I can't wait to have mine. You've convinced me to case this one too, as I really like how that hard shell you bought looks in it!
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-31-11 09:33 PM
    Picked mine up today. Paid 249.00.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-31-11 09:43 PM
    Here's mine.

Last edited by Got2bBold13; 08-31-11 at 09:54 PM.
    BBxpress and suself like this.
    08-31-11 09:51 PM
    I upgraded mine today and wasn't even eligible. My price out the door was $378 including tax plus I will be receiving a $50 VISA card. Then I am going to sell my 9780 on eBay for about $200. $128 for the 9900 is a good deal plus they lowered my plan $5/month. All in all a great deal!!

So far, there is not a huge difference between the 9780 and 9900 that makes me say WOW!! It is built better, the keyboard is amazing and the screen looks great. I need a little time to get used to the touch screen and learn more about the phone.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-31-11 10:14 PM
    I upgraded mine today and wasn't even eligible. My price out the door was $378 including tax plus I will be receiving a $50 VISA card. Then I am going to sell my 9780 on eBay for about $200. $128 for the 9900 is a good deal plus they lowered my plan $5/month. All in all a great deal!!

So far, there is not a huge difference between the 9780 and 9900 that makes me say WOW!! It is built better, the keyboard is amazing and the screen looks great. I need a little time to get used to the touch screen and learn more about the phone.
    Better keyboard, screen, processor are worth it for the price you paid!
    08-31-11 10:21 PM
    Better keyboard, screen, processor are worth it for the price you paid!
    I agree. I am pretty happy with it so far. It's just a better (best) BB phone!! I like how it doesn't creak from the plastic. I am adding an Otterbox Impact Case. Even though it will take away from the beauty of the phone, it has to be protected and I like the feel of the Otterbox.
    08-31-11 10:38 PM
    I agree. It is well worth the money. Although, I don't think i'll be spending much more money on another device for quite awhile.
    08-31-11 10:41 PM
    Best. Keyboard. Ever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BBxpress, Got2bBold13 and suself like this.
    08-31-11 11:01 PM
    I agree. It is well worth the money. Although, I don't think i'll be spending much more money on another device for quite awhile.
    definitely not! lol
    but enjoy your phone! can't wait to get mine
    08-31-11 11:52 PM
    Here's mine.

ur fone said 4G at the signal bar??? is it really 4G network on Tmo??
    09-01-11 12:43 AM
    ur fone said 4G at the signal bar??? is it really 4G network on Tmo??
    T-Mobiles 4G is HSPA+, which is faster than 3G, but its not 4G LTE. So technically its considered 4G on T-Mobile.

The T-Mobile website lists they are now out of stock. LOL guess they didn't anticipate that happening.
    BBxpress and danhnguyen1511 like this.
    09-01-11 12:48 AM
    definitely not! lol
    but enjoy your phone! can't wait to get mine
    LOL.

Haha, I will! Hope you enjoy your phone too once you receive it!
    09-01-11 01:01 AM
    I must say, The NO UMA out of the box is a blower for me... another pisser is being usto Multi-touch gestures .

wanted to play angry birds... NOPE! so angry farm it is, no zoom out on that and i keep trying to use 2 fingers!

reminds me of the TREO days
    09-01-11 05:50 AM
    So far I have found Walmart Wireless, aka LetsTalk.com with a price of $234.99 for a 2 year RENEWAL, but the plan you order effects the price vastly. The $234.99 price was for a 500 minute/2g data/unlimited text plan costing $69 mo.

Wirefly.com is $249 and would allow me to keep my OLD plan, which costs only $54 mo.

The T-Mobile kiosk shop at the mall near my home says they match prices. I'll bring the web printouts and if they can do it this time.

I'm sure a sub $200 price will be commonplace in a few weeks, but if you have to have it now ...
    isp23 likes this.
    09-01-11 06:26 AM
    You people are all crazy. You are just bending over and letting T-mobile rape you. Then at the same time you giving BJ to the person who's selling you. You people are really going low. You can can get super android phones for less than $100 or even free.

T-mobile should be paying you $100 just to get the phone. You are signing up on a new contract which you going to be paying for 24 months some 80$ + a month. You think you are getting a good deal even for free? No...
    09-01-11 10:19 AM
    Wow, it's $249 on Wirefly and you can select to keep your current plan. Pretty awesome. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order it today, once I read through all of the disclaimers on their site to make sure I'm not missing something.
    09-01-11 10:19 AM
    You people are all crazy. You are just bending over and letting T-mobile rape you. Then at the same time you giving BJ to the person who's selling you. You people are really going low. You can can get super android phones for less than $100 or even free.

T-mobile should be paying you $100 just to get the phone. You are signing up on a new contract which you going to be paying for 24 months some 80$ + a month. You think you are getting a good deal even for free? No...
    Android or iPhone does NOT replace a BB IMO. The phone is very good so I am not complaining. I paid $499 for the iPhone 4 so what's the difference? Well, after a month, I sold the phone on Ebay.

People who bought it wanted the BB. Saw the phone as worth the weight in gold. So, who are you to judge? I'm not regretting the purchase, this phone will retire my G2X that I also carry.
    09-01-11 10:36 AM

I see where you are going regarding the price of the device. I mean, seriously. If you don't want to pay that much for it, then don't. There's people who have been waiting for this device for quite sometime now. Yeah, eventually the price will go down. You are comparing this phone with an android and or iphone. Yes, in that case it might be a great device for certain people. I, however, like Blackberrys because I am used to the keyboard and I don't need much of entertainment. Especially, on a phone. Regardless, it gets the job done for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-11 12:52 PM
    To anyone on the fence, LetsTalk now has the T-Mobile 9900 in stock----and my order just shipped with a delivery date of Wednesday!

Holla!
    BBxpress likes this.
    09-01-11 03:38 PM
509 ... 1516171819 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD