Just got mine Finally!!

[IMG][/IMG]
    08-31-11 05:43 PM
    I get 5gig of 4g which is enough. value added family plan is $120 a month for 2 lines with everything and insurance I am saving about $110 a month now. I paid full price which i dont really care, the classic plan with the phone discount would still cost more money in the long run. UMA and Hot spot will be coming via ota really soon according to the store manager.
    08-31-11 05:46 PM
    The screen protectors they're selling seem to be half decent. They're the rigid plastic type and they feel nice to me under the finger. The case however seems to have a glaring problem... The mic for the 9900 is in the lower right of the front by where the plastic meets the metal trim, if you look closely there's a small slit there. Anyway, this case covers up that slit well enough that you sound muffled to the person on the other end.

Anyway, pretty much got this back to the same state my 9700 was in and am very happy with it. Only have one app so far that I've found won't work on the 9900, BeMail. Otherwise they all seem to work well enough, even though some have some graphics sizing issues.

Give me my UMA and I'm set with this device.

And there are some of the grandfathered plans that have true unlimited, just not all of them. Guy at the register completely understood me not wanting to touch my old unlimited plan.
    Last edited by HaTaX; 08-31-11 at 05:54 PM.
    08-31-11 05:50 PM
    definitely not! lol
    but enjoy your phone! can't wait to get mine
    LOL.

Haha, I will. Hope you'll enjoy your phone too once you get it.
    08-31-11 06:00 PM
    Just called customer support & yeah still not convinced to overpay compared to other carriers. So I guess im also on the grandfathered plans/family plan. We have 3 lines total. Except mines the only phone line with unlmted data (5gb) & unlmtd text for $34.99 (Blackberry data plan?) Its funny how they say unlimited data but really you only get 5gb lol it doesnt make sense. He then told me if you go pass 5gb they dont charge you (they never do) but instead your browsing strength signal goes down to 3G, 2G, EDGE, etc... Is this true? I also asked when would they lower the price & he said maybe around the holidays but not anytime soon (sucks!) I honestly want this phone cause im a true faithful BB user but yes im cheap! Yes i want the lowest price i can get it for!
    08-31-11 06:13 PM
    Looks like my persistence paid off! 4 reps later and finally found someone who got their manager involved. They processed my order at the full discount price! Guess their Customer Service isn't completely down the drain.
    oh yay!!! It's still really pricey but hey, it's better than nothing right?? I am planning on selling my torch as soon as this one gets to me. Hope I can get a decent price for it..
    08-31-11 06:29 PM
    Waiting for the white model. Maybe another month?
    totallygone likes this.
    08-31-11 06:33 PM
    If you order from walmart, do you have to change your whole plan? & do you still get the $50 mail in rebate? Im seriously not about to spend almost $400 for a 2yr upgrade, thats whack! & no more installment payment plans, even more whack! How long will it take T-Mobile to lower the price? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 1 month?
    You have to choose a plan. Currently when you select the $214.99 upgrade, it takes you to a page where it says 'No Plans available'. Then you have to unclick a box that says 'find plans compatible for $214.99' and it brings you a list of 8 or 9 plans.

I switched my EMP unlimited $90 to the 'Truly Unlimited Plan. There's two other individual plans for 59 and 69 (no data involved though) and 4 family plans. You have to select one of those, then select 'Free Visual Voicemail' and then it takes you to the final screen where it shows you your order with the 9900 at the $214 price.

Esentially yes you are changing your plan. You also have to go through a verification process with a Let's Talk rep to make sure you're the actual person using the credit card and info. Takes 5 minutes then they put your order into fulfillment mode to ship.

They don't get their shipment of phones until tomorrow or Friday so depdning on shipping you won't get it till next week but hey its cheaper. I don't mind paying $15 extra considering I was gonna wait for it to drop down to $200 anyways so its nice to be able to order it launch day. And no there's no rebate now according to T-Mobile reps but the lady at LetsTalk said to call them and they'll give you a promotional code to give to T-Mobile reps and you might get a partial rebate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 06:40 PM
    Waiting for the white model. Maybe another month?
    Yeah..the white model is what I want, but I doubt I can wait more than another week for it....oh well.....
    08-31-11 06:43 PM
    I called CS at TM and asked for retention and I got a regular rep. After asking what she can offer me since I am off contract (grandfathered) since March I was debating between getting a phone with contract and discount or buy off contract and continue as I am.

So Sara (employee ID #1271334) proceeded to tell me that the only offer she can give me is a non-discount two year contract at the same price I am paying with the phone at 599 plus tax and no rebate. Are these people unconscious? I asked to speak with a supervisor and she said one can call in 24 hours, as they were none available. Seriously, TMO Customer Care are really staffed by unprofessional non-caring people. They should change it to Customer NON-CARE.
    It is certainly not a retention of $100. Who did you speak to?
    08-31-11 06:45 PM
    For the people that have received the $100 credit...Did you do talk to the Retention Team after you purchased the phone at the $349 price (either online, in-store, or with another rep)? Or did you get them to agree to do this then place the order with them?
    Last edited by isp23; 08-31-11 at 06:56 PM.
    08-31-11 06:50 PM
    I talked to them and they saw my account history, I let them know that I was switching to the value plan and was losing out on the rebate along with the discounted phone price. She was able to give me $100 toward my bill. I wanted $200 but she was only able to do the $100. They are very strict on discount's now its something new. I have been with them for 10yrs or so.
    08-31-11 07:14 PM
    Got mine today too and was lucky because they only had 4 in stock. Bought the new case and a screen protector. Definitely worth it really love this phone!
    08-31-11 07:19 PM
    Congrats on all of you who received it today!

I just came back from buying a screen protector ($20) and a OEM Blackberry Hard Shell case ($35). I will post pictures of it here shortly.
    08-31-11 07:23 PM
    Congrats on all of you who received it today!

I just came back from buying a screen protector ($20) and a OEM Blackberry Hard Shell case ($35). I will post pictures of it here shortly.
    Thank you! Yes that is exactly what I bought lol.
    08-31-11 07:34 PM
    My store only had 5 as well, he said they did not anticipate selling a ton.
    08-31-11 07:43 PM
    I just installed the screen protector and I didn't know it only protected the screen part only. I thought it would go all the way up where it says "Blackberry" on the screen.

Anyways, the screen protector and case turned out much better than I anticipated.

Before the installation:

Before the installation:

The case itself:

Installed:

Overall the case fits great and tight. It is simple to take off and all of your ports are visible which makes it easy to charge or use the headphone jack.

It also looks really nice and has the carbon fiber look alike on the base of the case. The silver trim is covered but is still visible if you were to look at it from the top. I would suggest this case. It cost $35.
    08-31-11 07:52 PM
    I picked up my 9900 today - but there is something about it that I can't believe is right. There is a sharp ridge where the screen is a little lower than the top row of buttons and the trackpad. It is driving me nuts!

Can someone who has a 9900 comfirm this is due to poor quality control and not just me finding it annoying!
    08-31-11 07:58 PM
    I picked up my 9900 today - but there is something about it that I can't believe is right. There is a sharp ridge where the screen is a little lower than the top row of buttons and the trackpad. It is driving me nuts!

Can someone who has a 9900 comfirm this is due to poor quality control and not just me finding it annoying!
    I have that as well.
    08-31-11 08:02 PM
    I don't really see a ridge.. maybe I am looking at the wrong spot your trying to point out.

BUT, I noticed bottom right corner, there is a gap? It seems like the manufacturer cut that gap rather than a error. Anyone else see this?
    08-31-11 08:11 PM
    Ok, I finally got some info on the 9900 prices in Puerto Rico, as per a TMo 611 rep:

Regular price-$550
    "Discount"-$200
    Final price-$350+17.99 (I suppose this is the activation fee). In my case, I would a 7% tax to the final price=$393.75

THERE IS NO FREAKING WAY I AM PAYING SO MUCH FOR THIS OR ANY SMARTPHONE. There, in caps. No way. I did not even hear the rep say anything about the $50 rebate. My full discount will come in Oct. 25, which I guess will not see a much lower price than $350.

So, my dear 9700 will be in service for a while more...
    08-31-11 08:13 PM
    Ok, I finally got some info on the 9900 prices in Puerto Rico, as per a TMo 611 rep:

Regular price-$550
    "Discount"-$200
    Final price-$350+17.99 (I suppose this is the activation fee). In my case, I would a 7% tax to the final price=$393.75

THERE IS NO FREAKING WAY I AM PAYING SO MUCH FOR THIS OR ANY SMARTPHONE. There, in caps. No way. I did not even hear the rep say anything about the $50 rebate. My full discount will come in Oct. 25, which I guess will not see a much lower price than $350.

So, my dear 9700 will be in service for a while more...
    That's how much I paid.. But it came to around $450-ish with the case and screen protector. But you should get a $50 mail in rebate. Just make sure.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-31-11 08:17 PM
    juss order'd this bad boy, paid $415.14 for it lol

took the ups 3 day express shippin, hopefully it comes soon lol, im tired of my white curve 8520 lolz
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-31-11 08:18 PM
    The TMo Puerto Rico site has not even been updated with the 9900...

http://www.t-mobilepr.com/telefonos_list.php?cat=82
    08-31-11 08:22 PM
    Man, BBxpress' pictures are killing me. Never got a chance to make it over to the store today, stupid work.

Based on people's responses, the Value plans might be the way to go. And I might try to get the $100 credit, I've been with T-Mob for almost years now (that's crazy I just realized that).
    Last edited by isp23; 08-31-11 at 08:26 PM.
    08-31-11 08:24 PM
509 ... 1415161718 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD