163 https://forum" /> Bold 9900 - T-Mobile - Page 15 - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Got $100 thru retention's! Changed to value plan as well I will saving about $1k a yr now.
    08-31-11 02:51 PM
    The phone is absolutely fantastic. I really love this thing.. I am satisfied with my purchase even at $400 considering that T-Mobile do offer low rate plans.. and paying for the phone is just a one time thing.

There is no NFC as far as I can see. There is also no UMA/Hotspot either..

I am a little annoyed now because I have no signal and its on the red SOS thing... or GSM.
    08-31-11 02:52 PM
    The phone is absolutely fantastic. I really love this thing.. I am satisfied with my purchase even at $400 considering that T-Mobile do offer low rate plans.. and paying for the phone is just a one time thing.

There is no NFC as far as I can see. There is also no UMA/Hotspot either..

I am a little annoyed now because I have no signal and its on the red SOS thing... or GSM.
    Nice pics man!

Btw did you see any soft shell cases or any other accessories for the phone on sale at the store?
    08-31-11 02:59 PM
    Thanks! And they had holsters and gel skin case/ screen protector at the T-Mobile store I went to. I only bought a screen protector though.
    08-31-11 03:04 PM
    Skin cases? Did they have the same Soft Shell/Hard Shell cases like they do @ the CrackBerry store?

08-31-11 03:06 PM
    ok so i went to the tmo store and just got of the phone with these SOB's they want me to drop my unlimited $20 plan to move over to $15 for 200 Mb or $30 for 5gb and pay $350 with $50 MIR. Other wise they won't give me the phone i mean WTF is that. Im sorry for the language but can someone confirm the data change. im so ready to take my 4 line and move to another 4G company.
    08-31-11 03:06 PM
    I was on an Even More Plus plan with unlimited everything (actual unlimited data not the 2GB cap) and I just moved to the Truly Unlimited plan which has unlimited data but only 2GB of full 4G speeds.

That data stuff they're sketching to you sounds really unreasonable and weird.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 03:10 PM
    ok so i went to the tmo store and just got of the phone with these SOB's they want me to drop my unlimited $20 plan to move over to $15 for 200 Mb or $30 for 5gb and pay $350 with $50 MIR. Other wise they won't give me the phone i mean WTF is that. Im sorry for the language but can someone confirm the data change. im so ready to take my 4 line and move to another 4G company.
    They legally can't make you do that.
    08-31-11 03:11 PM
    btw UMA and Hot spot our coming out, The store manager had a traning on the phone and was told about it.

Make sure to call retention's if you have been with them for a while, I got $100 toward my bill!
    08-31-11 03:11 PM
    btw UMA and Hot spot our coming out, The store manager had a traning on the phone and was told about it.

Make sure to call retention's if you have been with them for a while, I got $100 toward my bill!
    Ive been with them for over over 8 years, what # did you call? just 611 Customer care?
    08-31-11 03:15 PM
    Ive been with them for over over 8 years, what # did you call? just 611 Customer care?

Yes just 611 ask for retention's. I got switched to the value plans it made more sense.
    08-31-11 03:17 PM
    Yes just 611 ask for retention's. I got switched to the value plans it made more sense.
    But im on a fixed family plan with 4 lines.

I have a grandfathered data plan that comes with tethering for my PB @ no extra cost.

Do I really have to give up my current data plan just to get this phone? or to get $100 from retention?
    08-31-11 03:20 PM
    Skin cases? Did they have the same Soft Shell/Hard Shell cases like they do @ the CrackBerry store?

Sorry. To be honest, I didn't take a look at them that close. I was planning to go naked with my phone and get the OEM leather sleeve pouch.

How does that work? What is a retention and what do I receive? Thanks in advance.

A few months ago I switched over to the 1000 minute family plan if that helps?
    08-31-11 03:23 PM
    Yes you have to switch plans to get discounts. For the guy who said he has unlimited grandfathered you actually don't. ALL original unlimited plans were always capped at 5gb... it was just real small in the contracts and data wasn't that big back then nor tethering/hotspots etc so now they just make it clear.

Anyway those value plans are the only reasons why you get discounts.

I have 1500 mins / text / data 5gb for 80/month , they price that at 90 now. I would be tempted to switch to the 2gb but I know i've used about 3gb before when I tether with my pb but that was using a android device. So who knows! ps i've noticed the software on sprint's 9930 is smoother than tmobiles. I'll be updating with a leaked os soon.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-31-11 03:23 PM
    I never said emphasized unlimited, I just said that I have old plan that I dont want to get rid off.

And the poster who I replied to said for customers who've been with them for a while could be eligible for a $100 back through retentions.

Just for being a LOOONG time customer (Back in the day when T-mobile was VoiceStream) I have received sooooo many discounts on devices over the years, and nothing more. I hope I'll be able to get something from retentions
    08-31-11 03:29 PM
    Got $100 thru retention's! Changed to value plan as well I will saving about $1k a yr now.
    Did they move you to a DATA capped plan?
    08-31-11 03:40 PM

So beautiful! Where ya'll at??
    impalass96 and coronaBold like this.
    08-31-11 03:45 PM
    has anyone bought this out right put in there 3g sim and see what they get?
    08-31-11 03:53 PM
    Been using mine for a few hours readding my apps & what not, the keyboard is too die for and I like the screen size. Haven't tested the 4G aspect of it but I shall tommorow on my day off of work. Only thing it's missing is facetime, it be a wrap after that feature.

08-31-11 04:08 PM
    I've been a loyal T-Mobile customer for over 10 years and a loyal Blackberry user for over 5 years but it looks like one of these relationships is going to have to end pretty soon.

To start, the Bold 9900 price on T-Mobile is absolutely absurd any way you slice it; Off-Contract or On-Contract. I was willing to stomach the on-contract upgrade price until I visited a T-Mobile store in Garfield, NJ earlier today. My full discount date is September 8th. I've never had issues in the past with getting phones a few days prior to these dates with store reps or phone reps but apparently things have changed internally at T-Mobile, and not for the better. Not only would several phone reps I spoke to not process it claiming they no longer had access to, the rep at the store on several occasions made it a point to show her displeasure with Blackberries in general. Even after I noted how excited I was over the product's launch, her response was "You usually get what you pay for but I don't think this phone is one of those times" What the ****, this is "customer service"?! Anyways, when I inquired if there was anything that could be done to get the $299 price, she told me "not unless by $299 you mean $417" in a very snotty/snippy manner. At this point, I just walked out.

I've always be a strong supporter of T-Mobile and it was the first time I have ever had such a negative experience with them. If this is a sign of things to come with the AT&T merger/acquisition, it looks like I will be switching to Sprint or Verizon very soon.
    08-31-11 04:50 PM
    I went to my local tmo, with the full intention of getting this phone with my partial upgrade. But I just COULD NOT pay almost $500 with the fees and all that. So I called CS , got the NICEST person ever, who gave me the full discount (still very steep! but better) and also free shipping. He said that his computer would not give me the upgrade without upgrading my data plan to the new $30 but he found a work around with that too.

So I should have mine next Tuesday because of the holiday so yay!

and @Yves- I'm sorry about your experience I've been reading a lot of bad CS lately for some reason...
    Call CS and see if they can fix it for you.
    08-31-11 05:01 PM
    Confirmed $599 off contract in Columbus, OH.

08-31-11 05:12 PM
    I went to my local tmo, with the full intention of getting this phone with my partial upgrade. But I just COULD NOT pay almost $500 with the fees and all that. So I called CS , got the NICEST person ever, who gave me the full discount (still very steep! but better) and also free shipping. He said that his computer would not give me the upgrade without upgrading my data plan to the new $30 but he found a work around with that too.

So I should have mine next Tuesday because of the holiday so yay!

and @Yves- I'm sorry about your experience I've been reading a lot of bad CS lately for some reason...
    Call CS and see if they can fix it for you.
    Looks like my persistence paid off! 4 reps later and finally found someone who got their manager involved. They processed my order at the full discount price! Guess their Customer Service isn't completely down the drain.
    Last edited by Yves; 08-31-11 at 05:36 PM.
    08-31-11 05:33 PM
    If you order from walmart, do you have to change your whole plan? & do you still get the $50 mail in rebate? Im seriously not about to spend almost $400 for a 2yr upgrade, thats whack! & no more installment payment plans, even more whack! How long will it take T-Mobile to lower the price? 1 week? 2 weeks? 3 weeks? 1 month?
    08-31-11 05:37 PM
    Looks like my persistence paid off! 4 reps later and finally found someone who got their manager involved. They processed my order at the full discount price! Guess their Customer Service isn't completely down the drain.
    What was the "full discount price" that you paid?
    08-31-11 05:42 PM
509 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD