Wow, really? Thanks for the heads up. I am starting to not rely on these T-Mobile reps...

I was happy for a second too about the wifi calling..
    08-29-11 01:47 PM
    Never rely on the reps. We know more than they do most of the time.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-29-11 01:49 PM
    Definitely. I was asking them questions and some did not even have a clue.
    08-29-11 01:53 PM
    Do you use other language beside English? I wonder if there's a way to install a particular language pack other than English onto the 9900.
    I a sure that once it is released by more carriers, there will be plenty of language packs available. There is no reason to believe not, since it is being released around the world, and RIM has always released loacalized language packs.
    08-29-11 01:54 PM
    A tmobile rep told me it will be 500 without contract

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 01:54 PM
    I went into a T-Mobile store today to play with it again.

The rep said it will not have UMA.. but has wifi calling. So, if you are connected to wifi in the home and you were to leave the area, it will drop your call.

Isn't that UMA?

Anyways, he couldn't find the price and said he should tomorrow.
    That isn't UMA as we know it. That seems to be a UMA-lite or GAN-lite implementation. Full UMA would allow hand off. Either way, it will work for me, but it is my understanding that the phone will have neither UMA or Wifi calling at release. Many are saying that it will be enabled later via a software upgrade, but there has been no credible confirmation of this. Thus, my previous post.
    08-29-11 01:57 PM
    so i tried again today to get a tmo store to sell me the 9900... they said hey cant till wednesday because its "not in their system yet" so...... im irritated. lol.

my sweet new otterbox commuter came in the mail today and i really want this new device lol. ps -- the commuter case is no thicker than my naked 9780! lol so thin!
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-29-11 03:55 PM

Just did a speedtest. This device is VERY FAST on the HSPA+
    Guatiao and BBxpress like this.
    08-29-11 04:28 PM
    Last edited by iamfrancois; 03-15-16 at 04:27 PM.
    08-29-11 04:37 PM
    so i tried again today to get a tmo store to sell me the 9900... they said hey cant till wednesday because its "not in their system yet" so...... im irritated. lol.

my sweet new otterbox commuter came in the mail today and i really want this new device lol. ps -- the commuter case is no thicker than my naked 9780! lol so thin!
    Have you put your zip code into the Wal-Mart T-Mobile 9900 pricing?
    This is what I got:
    New contract - $194.99
    2 Year renewal - $389.99
    Phone only - $649.99

These just might be the prices.
    08-29-11 05:07 PM
    This is what I got:
    New contract - $194.99
    2 Year renewal - $389.99
    Phone only - $649.99

The prices on Rogers are starting to fall and those are a bit high so it's worth to get one from CA if you can and get it unlocked for T-Mobile use.
    08-29-11 05:22 PM

They told me tomorrow or possibly ON the release date..

Thanks a lot for that! It's very helpful.

This is what I got:
    New contract - $194.99
    2 Year renewal - $389.99
    Phone only - $649.99

Wow, those prices seem high.

Anyways, I think i've decided to pick this baby up! See you Wednesday!
    08-29-11 05:30 PM
    The prices on Rogers are starting to fall and those are a bit high so it's worth to get one from CA if you can and get it unlocked for T-Mobile use.
    I think a Rogers phone will NOT work on TM's high speed freq. You'd only get EDGE.
    Last edited by Mikethaler; 08-29-11 at 05:45 PM.
    08-29-11 05:40 PM
    what is the point of been annnoying asking about UMA?? Dont they said that it would be available tru an OS update later on???! i mean c'mon.. let's focus on knowing the exact prices! than 3 pages only talking about UMA or hotspot (no sense)
    08-29-11 05:43 PM
    Yeah, that wouldn't be worth it at all. Who wants to spend $500-600 on a 2G smartphone when you can spend (supposedly) $300-350 on a 4G one?
    08-29-11 05:48 PM
    what is the point of been annnoying asking about UMA?? Dont they said that it would be available tru an OS update later on???! i mean c'mon.. let's focus on knowing the exact prices! than 3 pages only talking about UMA or hotspot (no sense)
    Why waste time talking about prices? You'll know in a couple days what the starting price will be. The question to ask, is, "What will the price be in one month, or two months?"
    For some percentage of us users, the price in two months is more relevant since that's when UMA might be added. That's why discussion of UMA is important.
    TM is taking the position "If you have to ask the price, you can't afford it." That will work for some business customers. TM is trying to market this as a super premium product. Besides business's, there are certain people that just have to have the latest model on day one, no matter what the price. A number of those types are on these forums. They know the price will be $100-$200 less In October.
    tmaka likes this.
    08-29-11 05:54 PM
    I have my full upgrade in october, but I don't wanna wait that much.. Went to a TM store today, and took a 9900 sample to play with it, I fell in love... That keyboard is a masterpiece!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-11 06:13 PM

I would like to know how a 14.4 Mbit device pulled 21 Mbits.
    08-29-11 06:17 PM
    Just had a friend of mine call me from a T-Mobile in PC Florida... saying its looking like $349.99 w/ 2 yr agreement, then an available $50 rebate. im fuming right now. Hoping that is not correct.
    08-29-11 07:07 PM
    One more day till we get to pay up the *** for this phone!
    08-30-11 10:21 AM
    ONE MORE DAY BABY!!!

They better not sell out of this phone by time of get off work and get to the store!
    08-30-11 10:24 AM
    The walmart website is now down to $244.99 for a 2 year upgrade.

I just talked to a lady at T-Mobile and she said that she'd see no reason as why I wouldn't be eligible for the rebate.

But I am now calling their rebate center to make sure I'd still get the $50 rebate cause if so, BAM! ordering it for overnight delivery.
    Last edited by .Britnasty; 08-30-11 at 10:35 AM.
    08-30-11 10:26 AM
    The walmart website is now down to $244.99 for a 2 year upgrade.
    I just saw this as well, which is great news. I'm hoping that the price drop holds up on the 'T-Mobile Direct' side.
    08-30-11 10:40 AM
    Lady at the T-Mobile Customer Care transferred me to a rep at the rebate center. That lady looked it up and said "Yes you will be eligible for the rebate, but you will need to call back and obtain a promotional code from us as the Walmart website is different then in store".

Now I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to see what the T-Mobile direct price is before I order it through Walmart.
    isp23 likes this.
    08-30-11 10:50 AM
    Lady at the T-Mobile Customer Care transferred me to a rep at the rebate center. That lady looked it up and said "Yes you will be eligible for the rebate, but you will need to call back and obtain a promotional code from us as the Walmart website is different then in store".

Now I'm gonna wait until tomorrow to see what the T-Mobile direct price is before I order it through Walmart.
    Good to know.

I'm hoping the T-Mobile price is close, because I got them to let me upgrade 2 months early at the full-upgrade price and I don't if it will carry through on the 'non-direct' side.

Just glad we'll know something tonight!
    08-30-11 10:58 AM
509 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD