Thx dude!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-11 09:44 AM
    Go to a TM store for a car charger? That's a generic item now that virtually all phone makers (and others) have made the micro usb fitting standard for all chargers. That means you can pick them up anywhere, at a fraction of full retail.
    Just trying to save you $$. What did they charge for a charger?
    Years ago I bought a cheap, off brand charger and it destroyed my phone. Since then I only buy brand name. The store didn't have a brand name anyway so I ended up at Best Buy where I found a Motorola one.
    08-27-11 12:10 PM
    Attention T-Mobile Customers:

I went into 3 local T-Mobile stores today and played with the Bold 9900 all 3 times.

All 3 stores did not allow me to take any photos, but one store sorta let it by. So, I rushed and snapped a quick couple photos. I bet they were thinking I was reporting something because I came in with a huge DSLR camera.

Release date:
    Wednesday, August 31st, 2011

Price:
    • $350 before the mail in rebate with a 2 year contract BEFORE taxes
    • $300 after mail in rebate with a 2 year contract BEFORE taxes
    • $550 with no contract BEFORE taxes

Features:
    • No UMA/Hotspot but will be updated in the 4th quarter

Camera:
    Okay, I know a lot of people have been complaining about the camera. I took a few pictures on it and I thought it came out great. The only bad thing about it is taking pictures of small text / fine prints. I tried to snap a picture of a fine print on a T-Mobile paper and cannot see a single thing.

NFC:
    It is disabled but the rep said something about if you have been a long valued customer, you can enable it with a code.

Error on the box:
    The dual-core processor is still attached on the box as well as the on-screen keyboard.

After playing with the Bold 9900 for awhile. I, honestly don't think I am going to buy it, especially with that price tag. I don't see it being that much different from previous Blackberrys.

It does have sex appeal though but other than that for $350.. no way Jose!

Here are a couple pictures that I rush and quickly snapped:

Guatiao and Nels like this.
    08-27-11 01:36 PM
    Still can't believe that price. So disappointing.
    08-27-11 01:53 PM
    wow... if its true that its 350$ with contract.... then t mobile can eat ****. that's ridiculous.
    08-27-11 02:07 PM
    Ok, so today I went to a Sprint store (I live in Puerto Rico), and they did not have ANY of the new BBs there. The rep told me that it would likely be a week or two before they arrive. They did have a Playbook and older BBs.

Why do I mention Sprint in a TMo thread? Because they announce it as $199 for new customers. My contract is due in October. I'd hate to leave TMo, but I still am trying to see into 2012 where our $$$ will be AT&T's. I'd hate it if it happens, but I don't like AT&T.

And another thing, they obviously tried to lure me to an Android phone. The Moto Photon specifically. It seems to be a great Android device for $200 also. I'd go for it if I were looking for an Android device.

So, TMo won't be seeing me paying $350, $350, or even maybe $250 for the 9900. They simply have no credible excuse to price it that high, not even their pseudo-4G hype.

In my case, I'll get it when the price gets near $200, or I'll wait for the QNX devices whenever they arrive in 2012.

*crossing fingers for a 8/31 selling $200 price*
    08-27-11 02:20 PM
    It sucks to say, but I think the price will stay at around $300 plus.

But, I hope you find a better deal! Good luck.
    08-27-11 02:33 PM
    I'll wait two weeks an see the price drop drastically as the 9700 did.
    08-27-11 02:36 PM
    I too agree that the price will go down if it is truely elevated in excess of $200. Of course, there will be a rush for those in which money is no object to get the latest and greatest techy toy. However, once this onslaught is over, who else are they going to sell to? The price WILL drop if launched at the rummored $300 after MIR....and it will do it quickly.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-27-11 03:49 PM
    Of course the price will go down, eventually. Everything goes down in value over time.
    08-27-11 04:14 PM
    Attention T-Mobile Customers:

Price:
    • $350 before the mail in rebate with a 2 year contract BEFORE taxes
    • $300 after mail in rebate with a 2 year contract BEFORE taxes
    • $550 with no contract BEFORE taxes
    Would absolutely LOVE to see who your sources are. I have spoken to 3 different blackberry reps, tried to ring it out myself in the store, and STILL no price has been mentioned, other then the price that was speculated on tmonews.com . So i'm going to assume that is what those reps were going off of.
    08-27-11 04:20 PM
    Well luckily, Walmart will have it for 119 so I will be buying from them once they release it.

08-27-11 04:25 PM
    Would absolutely LOVE to see who your sources are. I have spoken to 3 different blackberry reps, tried to ring it out myself in the store, and STILL no price has been mentioned, other then the price that was speculated on tmonews.com . So i'm going to assume that is what those reps were going off of.
    That's what one of my local T-Mobile stores manager told me.. I am just updating what I heard.

But didn't some people already received their Bold 9900 because of a business plan or something? Didn't they pay about $300 for it? I don't see why it would be any less for us? But we'll see.
    08-27-11 04:48 PM
    The two who ordered it on business only paid $249 and said their reps would let them know if they get the rebate.

08-27-11 04:51 PM
    So they paid $249 for it without the mail in rebate and if the reps let them get the mail in rebate they would have gotten it for $200?
    08-27-11 04:54 PM
    Well luckily, Walmart will have it for 119 so I will be buying from them once they release it.

When I first checked Walmart site and letstalk.com they both said 119.00.. Now they both say 194.00
    08-27-11 05:23 PM
    So they paid $249 for it without the mail in rebate and if the reps let them get the mail in rebate they would have gotten it for $200?
    That is correct. I paid 249.99 and my rep said that he didn't see why I would nit be able to take advantage of the rebate. I'm waiting for the form to come out to mail it in.
    08-27-11 05:40 PM
    When I first checked Walmart site and letstalk.com they both said 119.00.. Now they both say 194.00
    I believe those were for new contracts only, not upgrades.
    08-27-11 07:04 PM
    That is correct. I paid 249.99 and my rep said that he didn't see why I would nit be able to take advantage of the rebate. I'm waiting for the form to come out to mail it in.
    Thanks for the information. That's a good deal. I hope it will release it for that same price for the rest of us on the 31st.

I believe those were for new contracts only, not upgrades.
    I believe so too.
    08-27-11 08:31 PM
    It will be overpriced and outdated upon release... in other words, a classic RIM product.

Seriously though, I've played with the live model sent to the store and it's really nice, but it is going to be extremely expensive from what I've heard through the vine. Actually the most expensive phone in the store and ever released. Probably 300 with mail in on subsidized contract plan, full price somewhere around 500-600. The touch is very responsive, the screen is finally a harder, gorillaglass-like (not sure if it is or not, but harder for sure) material and feels fantastic. There's even multi-touch!!! The larger screen and better resolution are VERY evident. I was so excited about this thing until I found they aren't going to support UMA anymore... thus I won't support BlackBerry with my money anymore. Some have said that T-Mobile could be to blame for this but I don't believe that for a second, there's no logic to it at all. This was RIMs decision to save money and play follow the leader, riding on Android's coattails by forcing you to download an app to make WiFi calling or receive an OTA software update including it, which isn't UMA, and hasn't the signal strength or handoff capabilities. This "simple software upgrade" can't compare or compete with the chipset in their previous models allowing for true WiFi calling on UMA. That all said, it looks amazing, better than any Android or other smartphone ever offered. It's so slender and the back looks amazing with that carbon fiber. The keyboard is so much larger and feels so great to the fingers with a solid click. If it weren't for the lack of UMA I'd be the first on the dealer waiting list to get one.
    08-27-11 09:55 PM
    It will be overpriced and outdated upon release... in other words, a classic RIM product.

Seriously though, I've played with the live model sent to the store and it's really nice, but it is going to be extremely expensive from what I've heard through the vine. Actually the most expensive phone in the store and ever released. Probably 300 with mail in on subsidized contract plan, full price somewhere around 500-600. The touch is very responsive, the screen is finally a harder, gorillaglass-like (not sure if it is or not, but harder for sure) material and feels fantastic. There's even multi-touch!!! The larger screen and better resolution are VERY evident. I was so excited about this thing until I found they aren't going to support UMA anymore... thus I won't support BlackBerry with my money anymore. Some have said that T-Mobile could be to blame for this but I don't believe that for a second, there's no logic to it at all. This was RIMs decision to save money and play follow the leader, riding on Android's coattails by forcing you to download an app to make WiFi calling or receive an OTA software update including it, which isn't UMA, and hasn't the signal strength or handoff capabilities. This "simple software upgrade" can't compare or compete with the chipset in their previous models allowing for true WiFi calling on UMA. That all said, it looks amazing, better than any Android or other smartphone ever offered. It's so slender and the back looks amazing with that carbon fiber. The keyboard is so much larger and feels so great to the fingers with a solid click. If it weren't for the lack of UMA I'd be the first on the dealer waiting list to get one.

I agree with everything you said. UMA is a must for me.
    08-27-11 11:53 PM

I was so excited about this thing until I found they aren't going to support UMA anymore... thus I won't support BlackBerry with my money anymore. Some have said that T-Mobile could be to blame for this but I don't believe that for a second, there's no logic to it at all. This was RIMs decision to save money and play follow the leader, riding on Android's coattails by forcing you to download an app to make WiFi calling or receive an OTA software update including it, which isn't UMA, and hasn't the signal strength or handoff capabilities. This "simple software upgrade" can't compare or compete with the chipset in their previous models allowing for true WiFi calling on UMA. That all said, it looks amazing, better than any Android or other smartphone ever offered. If it weren't for the lack of UMA I'd be the first on the dealer waiting list to get one.
    Like you, UMA for me is a must. We have used it multiple times overseas and to a much lesser extent, here.
    This was obviously a RIM decision. Must have something to do w. OS7. Rogers (Canada) also will get the UMA update "later".
    I don't care that there is no hand off between UMA/cell tower. That almost never comes into play the way we use it.
    Your take that the UMA "lite" that will come on this update won't provide the quality connection we are used to? Is there hard evidence that makes you say that?
    I definitely won't upgrade my 9700 until there is a version of UMA. I may not anyway. Although I don't use the camera much, when I do I'd like it NOT to be worse than what I have on the 9700. There is nothing that can be done to fix the camera on the 9900 - because they made it just too thin enuf to put in auto-focus.
    08-28-11 12:14 AM
    .......<SNIP>........
    If it weren't for the lack of UMA I'd be the first on the dealer waiting list to get one.
    They're saying that UMA will be enabled in a future update which I think is a pretty likely scenario. They probably just had some bugs with the handoff and such with the newer radios. When the 9700 launched on Rogers I think it was without UMA as well, and then a new OS came along that enabled it: http://forums.crackberry.com/rogers-...rs-now-506653/

The real question is, how long are we talking? Before thanksgiving hopefully?
    08-28-11 12:17 AM
    If the price is going to be over $300 I do not think I am going to get it. But we'll see on the 31st.

I think I am going to get the Samsung GALAXY S II or the iPhone 5 if it does release for T-Mobile.

I never really messed with a droid before so let's see how it will go.
    08-28-11 01:23 AM
    They're saying that UMA will be enabled in a future update which I think is a pretty likely scenario. They probably just had some bugs with the handoff and such with the newer radios. When the 9700 launched on Rogers I think it was without UMA as well, and then a new OS came along that enabled it: http://forums.crackberry.com/rogers-...rs-now-506653/

The real question is, how long are we talking? Before thanksgiving hopefully?
    It's not UMA. UMA requires some hardware. The 9900 will have a software enabled version of UMA, which like he said earlier isn't as good as the real UMA. Therefore, the situation here in comparison to the 9700 is completely different.
    08-28-11 09:33 AM
509 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD