oh my gosh i hope its $150! or even $199 would be so much better then $300
    08-20-11 07:33 PM
    Tmobile will fall in line with everyone elses price drop, they are the last besides att to release this phone and its pretty wack considering we have not had a new bb in 2yrs.
    08-20-11 08:27 PM
    Pricing was already announced.

299.99 AFTER 50 dollar mail in rebate .. Which means your paying with taxes about 425 dollars upfront. That is INSANE , and I wont be paying this phone anytime soon because of the price. Its more expensive then the sensation or g2x.

T-Mobile To Launch The Blackberry Bold 9900 On August 31st, Officially

Saw it on tmobiles facebook page also.
    08-20-11 09:14 PM
    It's a bit high but totally awesome. I have had it for 2 days and love it.
    08-20-11 09:42 PM
    the real question: so when are they going to lower the price?
    08-20-11 09:49 PM
    I paid 249.99 with the possibility of getting the MIR. I think that 249 was fair. I was not so sure about 350 up front. But it was offered to me at 249 so I grabbed it.
    08-20-11 09:52 PM
    Last edited by iamfrancois; 03-15-16 at 04:27 PM.
    08-21-11 01:01 AM
    Just to give you guys some light, if it's the same price as business users for everyone else, it is 199.99 w/ upgrade or 499.99 without. So I'm guessing it'll be the same for everyone.
    08-21-11 05:02 AM
    I didn't bother to ask what the full price was. I still have the guys email address and can ask.
    08-21-11 08:37 AM
    Will anyone be waiting for a price drop or just going to get it the day of release?
    08-23-11 12:07 AM
    The best thing would be to wait for a price drop... but i'm honestly too excited for this and in desperate need for a upgrade. I know I'll end up buying it right away >.<
    08-23-11 12:11 AM
    Paying cash for it on the spot, no contracts for me. If a price drop happens 30 days after I get it I wouldn't even really feel bad, there is a certain price you pay for being an early adopter. Probably not the same feelings as everyone else, but it will pay for itself over the course of a year if it saves me 5 minutes of time each day. Ya know, as long as it doesn't spend it's time during the day crashing or rebooting.
    08-23-11 12:32 AM
    Will anyone be waiting for a price drop or just going to get it the day of release?
    If the price isn't at least $199 after a MIR, then ill be waiting. I'm not paying $300 for this phone when other carriers are offering it at the $199 price point (Sprint online/sprint-walmart/VZW to NE2 customers which as far as I know is like being in the T-Mobile loyalty program).

I talked to my local T-Mobile retail manager and he said they literally won't have the final pricing info until Monday at the earliest. He said he still believes the $299 after a rebate can't be true because even their premium android phone is only $199.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-23-11 01:11 AM
    when i called the local tmobile store they said that its possible that they could be doing like a prelaunch sale? i think thats what its called... but he said like a week or so before the 31st they COULD be selling it. but he doesnt know for sure. he did said that it has been done before so there is still a possibility the bold could be out slightly earlier.
    08-23-11 01:42 AM
    the real question: so when are they going to lower the price?
    Hopefully never.

I seem to remember people complaining how the 9000 lost its "exclusivity" when AT&T dropped the price and, next thing you know, everyone at the Wal-Mart was rocking a 9000.

$400 plus with tax, etc. is the price you pay for a premium Smartphone - period. Want to be part of the herd? Get an iPhone for $199 or $299 plus taxes. Want to save money? Get an Android at Metro PCS and get their $40/mo. plan.

If you want to stay in the Blackberry fold and save money, there's always the new Curve.

"Good things are seldom cheap and cheap things are seldom good." - Zig Ziglar
    08-23-11 01:43 AM
    I'm not waiting for price drop but will wait for UMA..NO UMA NO 9900 for me..
    08-23-11 02:02 AM
    Hopefully never.

I seem to remember people complaining how the 9000 lost its "exclusivity" when AT&T dropped the price and, next thing you know, everyone at the Wal-Mart was rocking a 9000.

$400 plus with tax, etc. is the price you pay for a premium Smartphone - period. Want to be part of the herd? Get an iPhone for $199 or $299 plus taxes. Want to save money? Get an Android at Metro PCS and get their $40/mo. plan.

If you want to stay in the Blackberry fold and save money, there's always the new Curve.

"Good things are seldom cheap and cheap things are seldom good." - Zig Ziglar
    Do you not understand the relationship between supply and demand in a competitive market?

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    08-23-11 02:25 AM
    Do you not understand the relationship between supply and demand in a competitive market?

Uh, yeah. Seeing that I have been trading the commodities markets for the past 10 years, I would suppose I am perhaps vaguely familiar with supply and demand...

Not sure you got my point. In case you didn't, let me explain. Early adopters paid full pop (maybe more) for what they considered a premium device. They felt they were getting the Mercedes of cell phones. Then RIM (and the carriers) dropped the price to Hyundai levels so the masses could buy one to the point the early adopters didn't feel like they were in an exclusive club anymore and whined about it.
    08-23-11 10:27 AM
    Uh, yeah. Seeing that I have been trading the commodities markets for the past 10 years, I would suppose I am perhaps vaguely familiar with supply and demand...

Not sure you got my point. In case you didn't, let me explain. Early adopters paid full pop (maybe more) for what they considered a premium device. They felt they were getting the Mercedes of cell phones. Then RIM (and the carriers) dropped the price to Hyundai levels so the masses could buy one to the point the early adopters didn't feel like they were in an exclusive club anymore and whined about it.
    Gotcha. I thought you were somehow implying that a higher price would drive up sales for the device.

08-23-11 04:30 PM
    Just called a local T-Mobile store and spoke with a cool rep. He seems to know everything about Blackberries and said he was a member on here as well. The dual core processor and all that is obviously a mistake. Hopefully they won't delay the release because of that as well. the 31st is already long enough...

Anyways, he was cool enough to ask for my number and said he will give me a call as soon as he get more info on the pricing and all.
    jaylew likes this.
    08-23-11 04:45 PM
    Ditto Ditto
    08-23-11 05:58 PM
    just got off the phone with T-mobile CS... the gentleman told me that it there was no way i can order the phone before the 31st unless im a business customer. But he said that it should def be in retail stores on the 31st. Also they dont have an official price on it yet, and they wont until next week.

How did you non-business customers get one before the 31st? just get lucky? lol
    08-23-11 06:16 PM
    None for me either. I can't go without UMA so I am back on my Android G2 until TMO offers UMA on the 9900. And if I have to wait too long then I might as well wait and see what happens with the QNX phone.
    08-23-11 06:42 PM
    I guess I will patiently wait until October (yikes!) when my full discount is due. I am getting some extra money from my work at the end of August, but seeing, as other have noted, the low price of other carriers, I see no reason to pay $100 more on the 9900. I hope that by then the price has dropped somewhat...
    08-23-11 11:01 PM
    omg only 7 more days till we get new bb's yall!
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-23-11 11:59 PM
509 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD