I just called customer service and the woman had no idea what a 9900 was and had nothing in her system. It all depends on how knowledgable the person you get is. Generally they all have no clue. We will just have to wait I guess. I remember when the 9780 came out they were randomly fulfilling orders over the phone one day. Maybe that will happen again.

I'm on a mytouch 4g slide and nexus s right now and just need my blackberry efficiency back. My patience is running thin and it's killing me knowing I can grab it from Verizon. The no browsing/data while on a call is a joke though.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-16-11 08:29 PM
    Yeah, you're right. But, i've been waiting forever. And supposedly, it's suppose to be released Sept. 14th now..........

Source: Blackberry Curve 9360 Coming September 14th
    08-16-11 08:43 PM
    Yeah, you're right. But, i've been waiting forever. And supposedly, it's suppose to be released Sept. 14th now..........

The 9360 isn't the 9900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-16-11 08:59 PM
    Oh, wow. What was I reading? Thanks for the catch!
    08-16-11 09:14 PM
    Oh, wow. What was I reading? Thanks for the catch!
    I think for the 9900 we can bank on 08/31 . The fun will be seeing if people can get them shipped earlier. I guarantee you there will be one thread from some tmobile customer before 08/31 who says they got tmobile to ship it. Same thing happened with the 9780
    08-16-11 09:18 PM
    I have called every tmobile store and reseller I can nothing yet.

08-16-11 09:29 PM
    i hope it will be $199 to re-new contract 2yrs
    08-16-11 09:43 PM
    Has there been any more news on the 9900 being on sale tomorrow (17th) for Enterprise Customers?

When the 9700 came out I was able to get an order through during the "Enterprise ordering period". Hoping I'll get lucky again.
    08-16-11 09:54 PM
    Has there been any more news on the 9900 being on sale tomorrow (17th) for Enterprise Customers?

When the 9700 came out I was able to get an order through during the "Enterprise ordering period". Hoping I'll get lucky again.
    Will this bold be equipped with Wifi calling/UMA for Tmobile?
    08-16-11 10:41 PM
    No UMA for now but will be available in next few OS upgrades
    08-16-11 11:36 PM
    From the looks of the leaked spec sheet it doesn't at launch, just like the other carriers.
    08-16-11 11:37 PM
    [QUOTE=smijes;6576158]
    I wouldn't get so frustrated, I'm just eager to get my hands on one, my friend on VZW is ordering hers tomorrow, I want to strangle her a little because she'll get it before me. ; ) And it wouldn't make sense to get the upgrade on a different line because you'd be forced to pay for the $30 BIS plan on that line for 2 years. And sorry to have to be the one to break it to you but don't think for a second just because of the merger you'd get out of any contracts! TMO as gullible as their CSR's are the company won't let you out of a contract! Did you renew your contract for in November to get your 9780?

naw another person in my fam did the BOGO deal in january for two 9780s and gave me one. my november contract is from my 9700 haha. i know they probably wont let me out of a contract, but theres always the threat that boots their butts in gear! i do believe there is an arbitration clause in the tmo and att customer contracts, so if a merger is in place then im sure there is -some- loophole that would allow me to get out of the contract...
    Unfortunately no company merger would allow their customers to break the contracts because they'd lose out on the monies! And all those TMO customers with contracts...Just think about all the 9700 and 9780 users! So your contract is until November of 2012?

[QUOTE=Robert_LA;6576205]

Actually the merger is at the proposal stage until the government gives the go ahead. Hate to tell you this and more on point, just because two companies merge doesn't mean you have a right to terminate without being subject to the ETF if the new company honors your current contract that your have until the end of the term of the agreement.

It's a safe assumption that AT&T will continue to honor the terms of contacts until the end and then at that point they will have no obligation to continue under those terms. Now if AT&T changed the terms and conditions before your original contract was up then you would have the right to terminate and not be subject to any ETF.

In fact if you look at all the carriers contacts that exist you will see wording that allows THEM to terminate a contact without cause. It's pretty one side and perfectly legal.
    Right, to cover their own *** and to make sure they don't lose out on profit! But everyone figured as much when they signed the dotted line for the 2 years.

Yes, as the guy said 9360 isn't the 9900 and for your comfort, Bla1ze just confirmed from a press release:

http://crackberry.com/t-mobile-launc...rry-smartphone

http://crackberry.com/t-mobile-launc...rry-smartphone
    08-17-11 12:35 AM
    Personally if it goes on sale for $250 after a $50 rebate I will opt to buy it out right and continue with my no contract monthly prepaid plan.. for a BB device it will cost $80 per month for unlimited talk, text and 4G data. Also there are no taxes and regulatory fees... $80 and that's it.
    08-17-11 12:43 AM
    Heh, this is why I'm still on my Even More + plan, no contracts and I still get my unlimited data. Chasing discounts and being tied to a carrier stinks, just give me the price for the phone and let me buy it!
    08-17-11 01:17 AM
    Heh, this is why I'm still on my Even More + plan, no contracts and I still get my unlimited data. Chasing discounts and being tied to a carrier stinks, just give me the price for the phone and let me buy it!
    That's what I have as well with my Galaxy S.. albeit my phone is a 3G I looking forward to getting my $$$ worth on a 4G phone.

Funny thing is prepaid has this stigma but in reality its a smart move. In past 6 months I have saved an average of $30 month plus another $8 per month in taxes and fees compared to when I was with Verizon.
    HaTaX likes this.
    08-17-11 01:39 AM
    That's what I have as well with my Galaxy S.. albeit my phone is a 3G I looking forward to getting my $$$ worth on a 4G phone.

Funny thing is prepaid has this stigma but in reality its a smart move. In past 6 months I have saved an average of $30 month plus another $8 per month in taxes and fees compared to when I was with Verizon.
    Well, I'm not on the prepaid plan, but my wife is! It would be a good plan, but my expenses are paid by my employer and a $85 a month plan is easy to justify. ($80 month by month unlimited everything + $5 a month for BES)

They did pull the 20 month spread on new phones which is a pain, so I guess the 9900 goes on the amex card

Also, one other thing that keeps me with T-Mo... I have one of the @Home phones for my home service, $10 a month for unlimited use isn't too shabby. For all of the above including taxes and such, I'm just over $100 a month which is fantastic for me. Heh, for someone that puts about 8,000 minutes on his phone a month, I don't have time to even get close to the 5GB limits of the new plans, but it is nice to know I won't be penalized or slowed down if I need the bandwidth on a business trip or something. (And being able to tether out to check a website quick while on the phone is priceless, I stopped using my MiFi for a long time..... Until I got my 4G Mifi that is, lol)
    08-17-11 01:52 AM
    Well, I'm not on the prepaid plan, but my wife is! It would be a good plan, but my expenses are paid by my employer and a $85 a month plan is easy to justify. ($80 month by month unlimited everything + $5 a month for BES)

They did pull the 20 month spread on new phones which is a pain, so I guess the 9900 goes on the amex card

Also, one other thing that keeps me with T-Mo... I have one of the @Home phones for my home service, $10 a month for unlimited use isn't too shabby. For all of the above including taxes and such, I'm just over $100 a month which is fantastic for me. Heh, for someone that puts about 8,000 minutes on his phone a month, I don't have time to even get close to the 5GB limits of the new plans, but it is nice to know I won't be penalized or slowed down if I need the bandwidth on a business trip or something. (And being able to tether out to check a website quick while on the phone is priceless, I stopped using my MiFi for a long time..... Until I got my 4G Mifi that is, lol)
    Nice... I use about 3,900 mins a month and less than 300mb per month - when I am at home I have it on WiFi. I pay for it myself but if I had an employer covering it I would still stay with TMO.
    08-17-11 02:00 AM
    Sorry for the late reply everyone. I went into a local T-Mobile store today and spoke with one of the reps. She only had a dummy phone to show me.

I asked her only 4 questions because it was packed in there.

• Is it really confirmed to be released on the 31st?
    • Yes.
    • Will it have hotspot?
    • No, but will be upgraded in the 4th quarter.
    • Will it have UMA?
    • No, but it will be upgraded in the 4th quarter.
    • How much will it cost with/without contract?
    • That, I don't know yet.

I also went into a BIG RED store and all of the reps were bashing on Blackberrys in general and even the bold 9900/9930. So, I left...

Anyone else have other information to share? Or pricing?
    08-19-11 11:45 PM
    Anyone knows how much is gonna cost with an upgrade? Total?

08-19-11 11:51 PM
    Sorry for the late reply everyone. I went into a local T-Mobile store today and spoke with one of the reps. She only had a dummy phone to show me.

I asked her only 4 questions because it was packed in there.

• Is it really confirmed to be released on the 31st?
    • Yes.
    • Will it have hotspot?
    • No, but will be upgraded in the 4th quarter.
    • Will it have UMA?
    • No, but it will be upgraded in the 4th quarter.
    • How much will it cost with/without contract?
    • That, I don't know yet.

I also went into a BIG RED store and all of the reps were bashing on Blackberrys in general and even the bold 9900/9930. So, I left...

Anyone else have other information to share? Or pricing?
    I'm cool with tmobile people so I got to hold on to the 9900 for the day. Only thing I can be jealous of is the "4g". But Everyone on tmobile, it's right around the corner.

Bold 9900
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-19-11 11:53 PM
    Good stuff, man! I can't wait to pick up mines. The T-Mobile rep said they will get it two days before the release date which is the 29th.. I was like, can I get it on the 29th? She said no.

But "right around the corner" seems like an awful long corner..
    JUSTQUAN2 likes this.
    08-20-11 12:00 AM
    so correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this from the tmo site suggest that the bands are the same as ATT's?

EDIT: Never mind, 3G band are not listed
    08-20-11 12:58 AM
    so whats the pricing? please tell me its $199 to upgrade again for another 2 years...
    08-20-11 01:52 AM
    Please don't quote me on this, but I just have a feeling that some of you on tmobile will have this device activated before 8/31.
    BBxpress likes this.
    08-20-11 05:43 AM
    Okay, just called a local T-Mobile store.

All same answers for the hotspot/UMA.

As for as the price, he said T-Mobile did not give them set price. I asked him if he would happen to know or guess the estimated price range.
    He stated, it should be around $150.

I told him there is rumors of it about being $350 before MIR he said
    he doubts it because that is way too high for a Blackberry and the droids aren't even in that price range.

I really hope its $150!! Lol.. but again its just a guess.
    coronaBold likes this.
    08-20-11 01:43 PM
509 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD