[QUOTE=iwork4rim;6571655]
    I also need to know about UMA and wi-fi hotspot on T-Mobile or it will be back to Android for me. I can't do without UMA and wi-fi hotspot would be great to have (the camera problem is not that important to me).[/QUOTE

as of right not, no uma. however it will be become available the next software update.

ask me how i know
    How do you know.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 09:58 AM
    The more i think about it the more I see no reason for this phone NOT to have UMA. Every T-Mobile BlackBerry since the Pearl 8120 has had it... why would they flat-out choose not to include the feature in the 9900? If they were really phasing out the feature their new Android devices wouldn't support it either, which they do. Plus, other than speed H+/4G technically isn't any different than their 3G. I don't see any reason to worry, guys.
    Pr3ston27 likes this.
    08-15-11 10:17 AM
    The more i think about it the more I see no reason for this phone NOT to have UMA. Every T-Mobile BlackBerry since the Pearl 8120 has had it... why would they flat-out choose not to include the feature in the 9900? If they were really phasing out the feature their new Android devices wouldn't support it either, which they do. Plus, other than speed H+/4G technically isn't any different than their 3G. I don't see any reason to worry, guys.
    The 8320 actually had UMA first, and it was a pretty good little device! Still keep mine around for backup and I actually love the keyboard on it. For now it serves as a remote keyboard and mouse for the HTPC. And yeah, like you said, all of the wifi capable GSM BBs since then have supported UMA, so why not on the latest flagship device?

Missing UMA at launch is acceptable to me, but not releasing it with a software update isn't. I've seen some code in the 9900's radio which points to it being a feature eventually, but there's also numerous sections related to UMA that are present in the 9700/9780 radio file that are currently missing from the 9900. My bet is that with the new cpu they've had to work some bugs out.

If they would have had to hold the launch back just to get UMA working, I'm glad they put it off for now. Just don't make us wait months for this!

Has anyone else heard anything from T-Mo on release dates? Odd that they were one of the first US carriers to have leaked info and a planned roadmap, yet now it looks like they will be one of the last carriers here to launch an OS7 device. (Even AT&T will have the 9810 available before the end of the month) Comon T-Mo, you can do better then that, help us crackberrians maintain our vice!
    08-15-11 12:49 PM
    I just stopped by the T-Mobile store today and the SA told me that the 9900 will be released during the 1st or 2nd week of September. Insane!
    08-15-11 01:18 PM
    I just stopped by the T-Mobile store today and the SA told me that the 9900 will be released during the 1st or 2nd week of September. Insane!
    I'm contemplating switching to verizon cause I don't wanna be on att once they take over. Except the no data while talking is killing me.

08-15-11 01:26 PM

im goin to stop by one today.. i wanna know the dates of pre-order
    08-15-11 01:58 PM
    i called today for the second time and was told that it wasnt getting released till early september... the first time i called they gave me a date of 8/29...
    I called 3 stores in my area (Chicago) last week, all being T-Mobile retail stores. First response was "end of August. (Didn't sound too confident)" Second, "August 29th." Third was "I'm not sure, there's no confirmed date." Obviously none of the employees are aware of what's going on in their company nor care to read up on it if they were issued memos.

Smijes, you have to be the most beautiful person I've seen on this forum. Keep it up whatever you're doing.
    smijes likes this.
    08-15-11 03:05 PM
    It's been said that T-Mobile is briefing their reps on Aug 17. We should know more then.
    08-15-11 05:15 PM
    [QUOTE=D_March;6573375]

How do you know.

look at my user name.
    08-15-11 05:23 PM
    [QUOTE=iwork4rim;6575068]

look at my user name.
    hahahhaha cmon how do you expect us to believe that?!
    08-15-11 05:39 PM
    [QUOTE=smijes;6575112]

hahahhaha cmon how do you expect us to believe that?!
    check my previous posts
    08-15-11 06:08 PM
    [QUOTE=iwork4rim;6575192]

check my previous posts
    If you don't mind me asking, what is that you do exactly at RIM?
    08-15-11 06:29 PM
    [QUOTE=Alzaeem_502;6575240]
    If you don't mind me asking, what is that you do exactly at RIM?
    rather not say.
    08-15-11 06:59 PM
    i will be paying full price on whatever day it comes out.
    08-15-11 07:03 PM
    i called again today -- the tmo rep told me that the 9900 is still listed as "to be determined" in their computer systems. i am frustrated. tmo was the first carrier to confirm theyd have the phone, and now they cant even give us a release date?! also... if i use any of my other phone lines to get the upgrade price, i will have to buy an internet plan for the line i upgraded, even if its not the line that i will be using the phone on. so, when i use pop's dumbphone line to get an upgrade, i will have to attach a $30 blackberry plan to his line even though its not going to be used. what. the. fock. as a customer of 9 years i feel like i should be treated a bit better than that. out of 4 lines on my account, two contracts are expired, one will expire in november, and the last lines contract can easily be terminated without the ETF because of the pending ATT/Tmo merger. so they can slurp it if they think theyre going to treat me like that. UGH. SO FRUSTRATED.
    08-15-11 08:07 PM
    [QUOTE=iwork4rim;6571655]
    I also need to know about UMA and wi-fi hotspot on T-Mobile or it will be back to Android for me. I can't do without UMA and wi-fi hotspot would be great to have (the camera problem is not that important to me).[/QUOTE

as of right not, no uma. however it will be become available the next software update.

ask me how i know
    Will the next software update also have wi-fi hotspot?
    08-15-11 09:31 PM
    [QUOTE=DannyAves;6575787]

Will the next software update also have wi-fi hotspot?
    to the best of my knowledge no.
    08-15-11 09:33 PM
    i called again today -- the tmo rep told me that the 9900 is still listed as "to be determined" in their computer systems. i am frustrated. tmo was the first carrier to confirm theyd have the phone, and now they cant even give us a release date?! also... if i use any of my other phone lines to get the upgrade price, i will have to buy an internet plan for the line i upgraded, even if its not the line that i will be using the phone on. so, when i use pop's dumbphone line to get an upgrade, i will have to attach a $30 blackberry plan to his line even though its not going to be used. what. the. fock. as a customer of 9 years i feel like i should be treated a bit better than that. out of 4 lines on my account, two contracts are expired, one will expire in november, and the last lines contract can easily be terminated without the ETF because of the pending ATT/Tmo merger. so they can slurp it if they think theyre going to treat me like that. UGH. SO FRUSTRATED.
    I wouldn't get so frustrated, I'm just eager to get my hands on one, my friend on VZW is ordering hers tomorrow, I want to strangle her a little because she'll get it before me. ; ) And it wouldn't make sense to get the upgrade on a different line because you'd be forced to pay for the $30 BIS plan on that line for 2 years. And sorry to have to be the one to break it to you but don't think for a second just because of the merger you'd get out of any contracts! TMO as gullible as their CSR's are the company won't let you out of a contract! Did you renew your contract for in November to get your 9780?

[QUOTE=iwork4rim;6575792]

to the best of my knowledge no.
    I think since you work at RIM and are a frequent Crackberry user you should persuade or somehow implement the OS update to include UMA support if it doesn't already have it, though I have been led to the assumption that it is just a carrier thing. So hypothetically if you're on AT&T and you have a TMO OS on your 9780 you still wouldn't get UMA. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    08-15-11 11:14 PM
    I just read on another site that the TMO 9900 is confirmed for 8/31. Only problem is that it is clearly not coming with UMA/wifi calling. What is RIMS problem? Am I the only one that sees them kind of just messing things up constantly. Playbook..great product ..short on a couple of things. Now 9900 .Great product and now short on WIFI/ UMA ...One of T-Mos BEST features.. Get it together guys.. Hopefully someone here will figure out how to make UMA function on 9900 like I did on my 9800.

http://www.tmonews.com/2011/08/black...ing-at-launch/
    Last edited by neoflasher; 08-15-11 at 11:46 PM.
    08-15-11 11:40 PM
    Why wouldn't it have UMA? OS7 is almost the same OS, other phones still have it. Other carrier 9900s are not relevant.
    08-16-11 12:12 AM
    as a customer of 9 years i feel like i should be treated a bit better than that.
    I know how you feel, I've been a customer for 8 years and I agree. This is very disappointing.

And when this merger goes through, its really going to suck. I have a Granfatherd BlackBerry plan, a GREAT deal $20/Month for UNLIMITED data, UMA as well as FREE tethering for my Playbook. It would suck if I lost that in the merger.

And they better announce the Bold 9900 soon! It really is so stupid that they were one of the first carriers who confirmed that they would have the it, and yet its the only carrier who hasn't officially announced a launch date.
    smijes likes this.
    08-16-11 12:17 AM
    [QUOTE=gordonzhao;6575999]I wouldn't get so frustrated, I'm just eager to get my hands on one, my friend on VZW is ordering hers tomorrow, I want to strangle her a little because she'll get it before me. ; ) And it wouldn't make sense to get the upgrade on a different line because you'd be forced to pay for the $30 BIS plan on that line for 2 years. And sorry to have to be the one to break it to you but don't think for a second just because of the merger you'd get out of any contracts! TMO as gullible as their CSR's are the company won't let you out of a contract! Did you renew your contract for in November to get your 9780?

I think since you work at RIM and are a frequent Crackberry user you should persuade or somehow implement the OS update to include UMA support if it doesn't already have it, though I have been led to the assumption that it is just a carrier thing. So hypothetically if you're on AT&T and you have a TMO OS on your 9780 you still wouldn't get UMA. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    naw another person in my fam did the BOGO deal in january for two 9780s and gave me one. my november contract is from my 9700 haha. i know they probably wont let me out of a contract, but theres always the threat that boots their butts in gear! i do believe there is an arbitration clause in the tmo and att customer contracts, so if a merger is in place then im sure there is -some- loophole that would allow me to get out of the contract...
    08-16-11 12:46 AM
    [QUOTE=smijes;6576158]
    I wouldn't get so frustrated, I'm just eager to get my hands on one, my friend on VZW is ordering hers tomorrow, I want to strangle her a little because she'll get it before me. ; ) And it wouldn't make sense to get the upgrade on a different line because you'd be forced to pay for the $30 BIS plan on that line for 2 years. And sorry to have to be the one to break it to you but don't think for a second just because of the merger you'd get out of any contracts! TMO as gullible as their CSR's are the company won't let you out of a contract! Did you renew your contract for in November to get your 9780?

naw another person in my fam did the BOGO deal in january for two 9780s and gave me one. my november contract is from my 9700 haha. i know they probably wont let me out of a contract, but theres always the threat that boots their butts in gear! i do believe there is an arbitration clause in the tmo and att customer contracts, so if a merger is in place then im sure there is -some- loophole that would allow me to get out of the contract...
    Actually the merger is at the proposal stage until the government gives the go ahead. Hate to tell you this and more on point, just because two companies merge doesn't mean you have a right to terminate without being subject to the ETF if the new company honors your current contract that your have until the end of the term of the agreement.

It's a safe assumption that AT&T will continue to honor the terms of contacts until the end and then at that point they will have no obligation to continue under those terms. Now if AT&T changed the terms and conditions before your original contract was up then you would have the right to terminate and not be subject to any ETF.

In fact if you look at all the carriers contacts that exist you will see wording that allows THEM to terminate a contact without cause. It's pretty one side and perfectly legal.
    08-16-11 01:32 AM
    [QUOTE=gordonzhao;6575999]I wouldn't get so frustrated, I'm just eager to get my hands on one, my friend on VZW is ordering hers tomorrow, I want to strangle her a little because she'll get it before me. ; ) And it wouldn't make sense to get the upgrade on a different line because you'd be forced to pay for the $30 BIS plan on that line for 2 years. And sorry to have to be the one to break it to you but don't think for a second just because of the merger you'd get out of any contracts! TMO as gullible as their CSR's are the company won't let you out of a contract! Did you renew your contract for in November to get your 9780?

Unfortunately, I don't have thayt kind of pull/say. I'm a peon in that department lol

08-16-11 07:15 AM
    I am starting to get frustrated as each day pass. I went into a different T-Mobile store today and saw the same guy I asked a couple weeks ago that said it will be released the 31st.. I asked him again but he doesn't remember that its me. He goes, I have no clue about any Blackberry releasing.. Damn liar.

I am pissed how every other carrier has gotten theirs or has a confirmed date. My birthday is today and I am tired of using this POS phone. T-Mobile was the first to say that they will have it etc. comes down to the end, they don't even have a date for release yet..
    08-16-11 07:55 PM
509 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD