Hi new user here.

I've had my 8900 for two years and I'm about to switch into my company's plan. I want to wait for the amazing new 9900 on AT&T but I can't find information ANYWHERE. It's infuriating! I may just have to go on verizon because I can't wait that much longer. But I want simultaneous data/voice and H+.

Is information so much to ask for? When is it coming out on at&t?? WHY IS THIS SO HARD???
    08-18-11 01:13 PM
    Million dollar question at this point.
    08-18-11 01:15 PM
    I just got mine yesterday. It's an unbranded model I got off ebay.

Works great with ATT H+

If you have the cash and don't want to wait I recommend getting one off ebay. So far I'm having a blast on this phone. My co-workers are jealous and they're thinking of picking one up as well.

From the rumors it may be released sometime in Nov. similar to when the Bold 9000 was released in 2008.
    08-18-11 01:19 PM
    ATT sells iphones, thats all they care about.
    08-18-11 01:19 PM
    ATT sells iphones, thats all they care about.
    As long as its not a Blackberry Bold of course.
    08-18-11 02:10 PM
    i also use a 9900 from Canada and it works great. Just VVM not working... If you have the chance get one from Bell or Rogers. I heard the release is supposed to be the 22nd of November...
    08-18-11 02:33 PM
    Well now I'm even more curious because I looked on att's website, and they've taken down the old bold for sale. That's what VZ did when preparing the 9930.
    08-18-11 02:47 PM
    Carrier deployment roadmap leaks has it being released on Nov. 20th.
    08-18-11 02:52 PM
    Well now I'm even more curious because I looked on att's website, and they've taken down the old bold for sale. That's what VZ did when preparing the 9930.
    AT&T stopped selling the Bold about 2 or 3 months ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 02:54 PM
    i just bought an unlocked telus off ebay 700. i cant wait anymore
    08-18-11 02:56 PM

Works great with ATT H+

If you have the cash and don't want to wait I recommend getting one off ebay. So far I'm having a blast on this phone.
    I say follow his footsteps. I just went into vzw store myself to look at the 9930. I must say it is one beautiful piece of equipment. It is what everyone says it is. I couldn't hold it totally but yea, I would really spend the money to have it shipped and unlocked.

DO IT! DO IT NOW!! *Govenator voice*
    08-18-11 02:56 PM
    ATT know what there doing they tryin stop ppl from buyin it
    08-18-11 03:52 PM
    This is an extremely unfortunate situation.
    08-18-11 03:55 PM
    But but they have the torch 9810...silly!
    08-18-11 03:58 PM
    Had mine overnighted last week from canada. Paid $50 to get it so fast... Well worth it!! Loving every second of it. Its Bell, unbranded, and works flawlessly on AT&T, except visual voicemail.

08-18-11 04:02 PM

Works great with ATT H+

If you have the cash and don't want to wait I recommend getting one off ebay. So far I'm having a blast on this phone. My co-workers are jealous and they're thinking of picking one up as well.

From the rumors it may be released sometime in Nov. similar to when the Bold 9000 was released in 2008.
    Even though it was unbranded, did it have a carrier? If so, which one? Could you give the name of seller? I'm having a hard time finding a no logo one and I have AT&T too. Thank you
    08-18-11 04:04 PM
    november 22?im not believing it until i see concrete evidence.if you kept up with the updates recently.crucial/phonegeek have said that the torch 2 is coming august 21,the torch 9860 is coming in september,and if everything goes accordingly to plan,october is when the i5/bold will arrive.i stick to them because they are right.they were right with the august 21 release for 9810.i never believe what at&t reps have to say because they are totally clueless when it comes to release dates.so i don't care if you walked into a store and your at&t rep said thanksgiving or even the night before christmas for that matter.its like walking into best buy and finding out that the employees have no knowledge on the pb whatsoever.so for me,i'll stick with the word of intelligent group-cx/phonegeek.the only other person i'll take the word over them is the at&t ceo.and i agree that the at&t ceo needs to sort this out.
    08-18-11 06:36 PM
    november 22?im not believing it until i see concrete evidence.if you kept up with the updates recently.crucial/phonegeek have said that the torch 2 is coming august 21,the torch 9860 is coming in september,and if everything goes accordingly to plan,october is when the i5/bold will arrive.i stick to them because they are right.they were right with the august 21 release for 9810.i never believe what at&t reps have to say because they are totally clueless when it comes to release dates.so i don't care if you walked into a store and your at&t rep said thanksgiving or even the night before christmas for that matter.its like walking into best buy and finding out that the employees have no knowledge on the pb whatsoever.so for me,i'll stick with the word of intelligent group-cx/phonegeek.the only other person i'll take the word over them is the at&t ceo.and i agree that the at&t ceo needs to sort this out.
    Holy crap.....if you don't want to use capital letters or punctuation, that's one thing - but for the love, please use the space bar.
    08-18-11 07:08 PM
    Will an unlcocked, unbranded 9900 work fine on AT&T? Or is it better to buy a rogers or tellus branded?
    08-18-11 07:31 PM
    Holy crap.....if you don't want to use capital letters or punctuation, that's one thing - but for the love, please use the space bar.
    if you want to be grammar professor,then i suggest you correct some of op's that can't speak english properly.you'll come across many threads that have this on this site.as for my "lengthy" statement,i was just getting my point across.all the carriers have announced/released all new phones.now its at&t turn to answer back.so at&t there better be new bells&whistles on your devices since you asked for extra extra extra extra extra time.im really liking the i5 specs(A5 processor,8mp camera,etc) so far and new bb's i'll test till im satisfied.but im not going to go every at&t store in nyc or anywhere else in the usa for that matter.only one store should do it for me.i just need my new phones.
    Last edited by chetan1285; 08-18-11 at 07:58 PM.
    08-18-11 07:55 PM
    I think they just meant please use spaces after periods, question marks, exclamation marks, etc. I have to agree, it does make reading quite difficult
    08-18-11 08:26 PM
    Had mine overnighted last week from canada. Paid $50 to get it so fast... Well worth it!! Loving every second of it. Its Bell, unbranded, and works flawlessly on AT&T, except visual voicemail.

Any issues with customs or did it come quickly?

08-18-11 09:38 PM

You should be able to add the VVS .cod files to your phone and add vvs to your features and get it working. If not fire up a chat and give them your IMEI number and then it will start to work.
    08-18-11 09:46 PM
    Man, I'm about to drop eigh Hindi on Amazon for one.

Word is Apple is influencing a convenient Bold 9900 delay to allow most AT&T users to burn their upgrade on the Iphone5 in September

http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-TEL-GEN-B-B-00201-Blackberry-Unlocked/dp/B0058GWR8O/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1313722174&sr=1-1

I'm real close to pulling the trigger. My 9800 is awful.

08-18-11 09:53 PM
    By the time this hits ATT they will sell it for $99 lol. There will be ally more phones out there to compete with. Still paying 199 around oct/nov would be bad since ice cream could be getting pumped out then.
    08-18-11 10:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD