I have it!!!!!!!

Don't mean to rub it in at all, but i am so excited. unlocked 9900 from rogers (from a person in canada...I LOVE YOU) working awesome on AT&T Network.

I have bee pacing in my office waiting and it is here! The keyboard is truly amazing.

I have been an apple fanboy for a long time, iPhone 2-4 all of them. Played around with blackberrys and never stuck with me. but this one, this one has done it. i can tell with just holding it and typing for 5 minutes that it is by far the best blackberry device to hit the market. i have turned to the RIM side!
    Bob G likes this.
    08-12-11 10:42 AM
    what is your network coverage at the top? 3G? H+? 4G? what does it say?
    08-12-11 10:47 AM
    what is your network coverage at the top? 3G? H+? 4G? what does it say?
    H+ which is 4G or 3G depending on your area
    08-12-11 10:51 AM
    really? that's good...

i have an AT&t sim card in an unlocked rogers phone, but i'm in Canada at the moment...have been getting 3G all the time...not H+...weird eh?

flying into NYC tonight...we'll see if I get H+ when i'm in US territory...

do you always have H+? where r u located?
    08-12-11 10:56 AM
    I have it!!!!!!!

Don't mean to rub it in at all, but i am so excited. unlocked 9900 from rogers (from a person in canada...I LOVE YOU) working awesome on AT&T Network.

I have bee pacing in my office waiting and it is here! The keyboard is truly amazing.

I have been an apple fanboy for a long time, iPhone 2-4 all of them. Played around with blackberrys and never stuck with me. but this one, this one has done it. i can tell with just holding it and typing for 5 minutes that it is by far the best blackberry device to hit the market. i have turned to the RIM side!
    Do you have Visual Voicemail working.
    08-12-11 11:03 AM
    I'm jealous.

Did you have to do the workaround to get Visual Voicemail working? From what I understand that should be the only thing that might not work right out of the box.
    08-12-11 11:04 AM
    I don't think I can keep using my buggy Android until November, so I have also been thinking about getting a Rogers 9900 to run on the AT&T network. I'm glad to hear from someone who has actually done it successfully.
    08-12-11 11:14 AM
    I am SO glad you shared this information. I am an AT&T customer. I pay for 3 Blackberry lines and I most certainly DO NOT want to wait until November to get my 9900's. I thought AT&T was a RIM partner! WTF? Get those phones out yesterday! Don't force Torch 2's down my throat. We all know the form factors that work for us already. My trusty Torch 9800 is definitely getting replaced by a Bold 9900, and I'm getting it from any compatible GSM carrier and unlocking it (unless I hear good things soon). Do any of the Crackberry loyal know where I might find a carrier "equivalence" chart anywhere? I'm interested in knowing if I can still get full network performance on AT&T while using another carrier's GSM device. Thanks for any help!
    08-12-11 11:16 AM
    When at&t gets the phones it gonna be outdated lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-11 11:37 AM
    Some related threads:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cked-t-635121/

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-users-610268/

It doesn't sound like they were able to get VVM working correctly, but that was a 9780 back in June. I hope it works with the 9900!
    08-12-11 11:41 AM
    If I could ask the OP...how much did you pay for it, and how was your experience unlocking the device?

I've never purchased a phone from another carrier, unlocked it and then used it on AT&T's network. I guess you can consider me somewhat ignorant to the fact that this is a common practice, and I'm strongly considering doing this.
    08-12-11 12:38 PM
    Inspired by the OP ("jabraunski"), I just purchased an unlocked Rogers 9900 on eBay!
    08-12-11 01:16 PM
    To answer some the questions I haven't tried to get visual voicemail yet but am going to. I had a t mobile 9780 once and just used YouMail and that worked ok but I'd love to see VV work.

I paid 700. Seems crazy but sold my iPhone 4 32 gb for 550 so didn't seem as bad. It went great. Had a person from canada buy it outright and ship it to me. Paid 7 dollars to get my unlock code from blackberrycodesource.com and you get it right away. Unlocked it within minutes and made my first call. It works as good as an att phone

There was no way I was waiting till november for this baby. I had to have my hands on it.

08-12-11 01:27 PM
    Inspired by the OP ("jabraunski"), I just purchased an unlocked Rogers 9900 on eBay!
    You are going to be in heaven

08-12-11 01:27 PM
    To answer some the questions I haven't tried to get visual voicemail yet but am going to. I had a t mobile 9780 once and just used YouMail and that worked ok but I'd love to see VV work.

I paid 700. Seems crazy but sold my iPhone 4 32 gb for 550 so didn't seem as bad. It went great. Had a person from canada buy it outright and ship it to me. Paid 7 dollars to get my unlock code from blackberrycodesource.com and you get it right away. Unlocked it within minutes and made my first call. It works as good as an att phone

There was no way I was waiting till november for this baby. I had to have my hands on it.

I was in the same boat as you were. Thinking about the warranty etc. What if the phone has issues. Can you swap it or return it with the ebay contact?
    08-12-11 01:36 PM
    I was in the same boat as you were. Thinking about the warranty etc. What if the phone has issues. Can you swap it or return it with the ebay contact?
    Ya I the contact I have is willing to work with me for extra money. I'd pay her some 'extra' for her to take it to a rogers store and get it fixed if something were to happen. Maybe when att releases is I might sell this on ebay and get att one for warranty purposes but by that time the QNX devices will be announced haha

08-12-11 01:48 PM
    do you have a 4G data plan or different 4G sim card as opposed to the 3G sim card for AT&T...? is that how you get H+ as the network instead of 3G?
    08-12-11 01:58 PM
    do you have a 4G data plan or different 4G sim card as opposed to the 3G sim card for AT&T...? is that how you get H+ as the network instead of 3G?
    Just a 3G sim card. From what i have heard is that att 4G is more like 3.75. I haven't heard a ton but from what i know the 3g sim will give you a '4g' like speed in certain areas. don't know enough about it though
    08-12-11 02:59 PM
    have you used your unlocked rogers 9900 with your AT&T sim card in canada yet? or just in the US?
    08-12-11 03:12 PM
    ATT just burns my A--....now we are seeing where Rogers has already lowered the price on the 9900 and Verizon is geting ready to roll out and I'll bet anyone that ATT will hold it up til late Nov (those of us that want the 9900) and try to ram the Torch and or iPhone 5 down our throat. For them to just get it out for fielding testing is a joke. What can we do....nothing. I happen to be locked in with ATT for my wife and mom. Otherwise I would eat the $$ and jump to Verizon in a herat beat. This is a big triple-doube F U to ATT
    08-12-11 03:28 PM
    The title seems a little misleading.
    Congrats though.

08-12-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD