What is the workaround if any to synch my Bold 9900 to my macbook pro that has Mavericks 10.93 OS installed. Apparently Apple no longer supports Isync and everything synchs to the cloud and Blackberry desktop software for the Bold does not sync calendar or contact data that way. It will work with Blackberry link but why should I have to upgrade to a new phone just to get my current phone to sync. Come on Blackberry support your legacy devices. The Q10 and Z10 are not as good as the older Bold series. I just want to be able to use my current phone the way I used to be able to.
    07-12-14 11:12 AM
    What is the workaround if any to synch my Bold 9900 to my macbook pro that has Mavericks 10.93 OS installed. Apparently Apple no longer supports Isync and everything synchs to the cloud and Blackberry desktop software for the Bold does not sync calendar or contact data that way. It will work with Blackberry link but why should I have to upgrade to a new phone just to get my current phone to sync. Come on Blackberry support your legacy devices. The Q10 and Z10 are not as good as the older Bold series. I just want to be able to use my current phone the way I used to be able to.
    You are threading on a thin line here, my friend. Saying that the old Bold devices are better that a Z10/Q10, is in fact a BOLD claim! *jokes* I should wait, actually, before you go on shouting at BlackBerry for not supporting the Legacy devices. The software you are running is still in Beta, so waiting for the official release is the best thing you can do.
    07-13-14 02:39 PM
    Not BlackBerry not supporting maverick, it is the other way round. Did your BlackBerry sync before the upgrade to maverick? Probably did huh. And now after it does not right?.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 04:26 PM
    Correct, Maverick does not play well with others, that's why I went back to OSX 10.8.5 and everything syncs properly..
    07-14-14 07:10 AM
    Hi. Maybe I am being too harsh on Blackberry. But my point is why should we have to go backwards to achieve what we've always had. Obviously Apple wants to control their OS as does Blackberry. Apple wants everything to sync thru the Cloud so they can control and monitor things. I don't like it either. But if Blackberry wants to keep it's base and move forward then it is going to need to provide on -going support for their legacy devices. Otherwise people will be reluctant to buy a Blackberry wondering what kind of support they'll have in 3 or 4 years. And yes I do believe the Bold is a better built phone than the Q10 or Z10.
    07-15-14 03:29 PM
    Hi. Maybe I am being too harsh on Blackberry. But my point is why should we have to go backwards to achieve what we've always had. Obviously Apple wants to control their OS as does Blackberry. Apple wants everything to sync thru the Cloud so they can control and monitor things. I don't like it either. But if Blackberry wants to keep it's base and move forward then it is going to need to provide on -going support for their legacy devices. Otherwise people will be reluctant to buy a Blackberry wondering what kind of support they'll have in 3 or 4 years. And yes I do believe the Bold is a better built phone than the Q10 or Z10.

Yes you are being too harsh and your frustration is directed at the incorrect company.

KB35311-BlackBerry Desktop Software and Mac OS X Mavericks

BlackBerry Desktop Software and Mac OS X Mavericks

Environment

• BlackBerry Desktop Software
    • Mac OS X Mavericks

Overview

BlackBerry Desktop Software does not synchronize directly with any desktop applications on the Mac computer.
    BlackBerry Desktop Software utilizes Apple's SyncServices technology in order to synchronize Contact, Calendar, Notes, and Tasks information to and from the Mac computer.
    The Desktop Software synchronizes information with the SyncServices database. This database is then synchronized with other SyncServices enabled applications on the computer (for example: Apple Address Book, iCal, Apple Mail, Microsoft Outlook for Mac).
    Mac OS X Mavericks v10.9 and later does not use SyncServices and therefore it is not possible to synchronize Contact or Calendar information using the BlackBerry Desktop Software with these Mac OS X Mavericks versions.
    For more information on SyncServices and OS X Mavericks, see the following Apple Support article:
    About SyncServices
    Note: BlackBerry Desktop software 2.4 is still supported for use with Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7, and v10.8.

rayporsche likes this.
    07-15-14 03:48 PM