A friend of a friend came to town the other day. I knew she had some kind of blackberry so asked her what she had. It was a 9900. I asked if she was planning to upgrade to bb10 and I told her about the passport, classic, q10 etc. Interesting she said she had the phone for 3 years and it does everything she wants including web browsing. She heard about the new bb10 system but is not interested at the moment. So no plans to upgrade. Must be a good phone. She is a researcher of some sort and loves the keyboard.
    10-11-14 10:32 PM
    A lot of business people love their 9900 and 9930 phones...just sold mine not too long ago
    10-12-14 08:04 PM
    I've always loved the 9900. I haven't seen one for a while though! It's probably because I live in the United States.

It was and still is a solid device!
    10-12-14 11:46 PM
    I've always loved the 9900. I haven't seen one for a while though! It's probably because I live in the United States.

It was and still is a solid device!

Hi, i see quite a few 9900's in regular use in UK and have yet to see anyQ10/Q5,
    we have three in use for business and they get the job done, no battery pulls or problems, they have been very reliable, with only one keyboard replaced after three years, which is easy to do and cheap to buy a genuine one on Amazon, waiting to try a Classic can it replace 9900 it depends on the keyboard will it match the 9900 which is the best one i have used.
    Katnis likes this.
    10-13-14 03:27 AM
    Because this is the Best of the Best BB ever came out with I'd say a Smart lady .
    A friend of a friend came to town the other day. I knew she had some kind of blackberry so asked her what she had. It was a 9900. I asked if she was planning to upgrade to bb10 and I told her about the passport, classic, q10 etc. Interesting she said she had the phone for 3 years and it does everything she wants including web browsing. She heard about the new bb10 system but is not interested at the moment. So no plans to upgrade. Must be a good phone. She is a researcher of some sort and loves the keyboard.
    idssteve likes this.
    10-13-14 09:01 AM
    In less than 24 hours I have done the following: cancel my passport order from Amazon and purchase a brand new Bold 9930 from Verizon. The simple reason for this is because I can save money switching to Verizon, currently on US Cellular with a curve, and I like having a cheap phone plan.
    jakeb1986 and pjjunior like this.
    10-15-14 04:56 PM
    Sold my iPhone 5 and S4 to pick up a 9900 again. This phone has the best battery life, excellent for emails and overall great communication tool. I don't think I will ever get rid of it.
    Frehley, Murundum and Katnis like this.
    10-16-14 04:56 PM
    I recently tried out a 9900 for a few days but had to switch back to my BB10. There were just so many little things that got on the nerves.

E.g.
    -can't open large PDF files that are around 10 mbs (I would get large X across blank pages)
    -trouble downloading email attachments without BES
    -Browser is outdated when handling current web pages (opening The Times basically only shows the header)
    -seriously can't switch off camera shutter sound??

However, the keyboard and trackpad fit the hand so well that, if not for the functionality issues, I could totally see myself using the 3 years old phone.

If there are solutions to the above, please let me know.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 11:22 AM
    I wouldn't say it's "popular" but some hardcore users like it and stick with it.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-14 11:25 AM
    So I impulsed purchased an almost perfect condition bold 9900 for $100. Have had a 9000 before, good but kind of cheaply made. A curve 9320 which for the price was not good at all. This phone feels great and is fast for an older phone. Am impressed. Maybe if I my finances allow me I'll get a classic some day. the track pad really is handy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-19-14 04:56 PM
    I had a 9900 but sold it to go android. I probably would have kept it if it (a) had better battery life and (b) had a better camera. I'm thinking about switching back from android to the Q10 now that he new OS permits app resizing...
    11-30-14 06:57 AM
    Oddly enough battery life is one of the top reasons I still have my Bold 9900, I get days out of my phone when Apple and Android users around me are always hunting for charging cables.

I'm in the same boat as the OP's friend, I have no need to swap out my Bold 9900 for something fancy because this phone works great and of course I love the keyboard. It occasionally acts up when using Whatsapp but other than that the browsing, emailing, texting, phone calling, etc., works great.

The only issue of course is that I can't synchronize with calendars and all that since Google cut off desktop synchronization so I'll keep waiting to see how the Classic is when I can get my hands on one...
    11-30-14 08:05 AM
    I loved my 9900 for a long time but I couldn't stand the BBOS glitches any longer!
    I've been a BlackBerry 10 user for almost 2 years and there's nothing I miss about BBOS tbh.
    BlackBerry 10 is perfectly fast and smooth, you do everything better on this os so I really don't get why there's still people glued to their BBOS devices.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 05:45 AM
    hi guys we could not get an bold 9900 or 9930 in india -
    12-03-14 07:29 AM
    Because this is the Best of the Best BB ever came out with I'd say a Smart lady .
    Disagree -- bold 9000 and 8703e were the best BlackBerry devices to me.

I think the 9900 would have been for me but the battery wasn't great for me and it needed more ram. The other two phones had less ram but felt like the did better w/ the OS they were running.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 08:27 AM
    I had the 9000 and the web browsing was just too slow. The build on my unit was not good either. The battery door was wobbly and the entire thing felt cheap. Can't compare to the 9900 in my opinion.
    12-03-14 09:36 AM
    I had the 9000 and the web browsing was just too slow. The build on my unit was not good either. The battery door was wobbly and the entire thing felt cheap. Can't compare to the 9900 in my opinion.
    Oh I agree browsing was slow -- but that was BlackBerry at the time. I got lucky my 2 bold 9000s had great build. The battery on the 9900 is what killed it for me -- other than that great phone.

That's the great thing about BlackBerry the have put out some good device over the yrs. I am sure some ppl will say the 83xx was the best.

Posted via CB10
    12-03-14 11:23 AM
    I have two Bold 9900 - one for business (will have to be replaced by i-Phone 6 eventually) and one for personal use (mostly BBM, e-mail, quick memos, tasks etc). It is very effective for what I need it for. I changed keyboards in both BBs and still have two spare ones. I was thinking of replacing one with the Classic but I am not certain anymore. I have my iPad (currently Air 2) for other things and occasionally use iPhone 5s. I am the fastest and most efficient communicator using Blackberry Bold 9900.
    12-03-14 07:58 PM
    My first smartphone was the iPh4s but it pales in comparison to new gently used fave phone, the 9900 - I love the feel, it's sturdy, has great call quality, can make calls where nothing else works, Best of all, it gets great call quality here at home with ATT tower FIVE miles away, whereas the 4s struggles with calls and Sprint tower is at most 1/4 mile away. 9900 is a workhorse of a digital device. Apps? not a priority. Browsing - well, once in a while, but why bother when I'm at my laptop? I love the 9900 - next summer I'll know if I can get a Passport - decision will be determined by the call quality of the 9900 when all the trees are in full leaf. Texts send and arrive in timely fashion, even in low signal areas. Even having only 2 bars of signal at home, it still has better battery life than the 4s with 4 to 5 bars. Love my 9900!
    12-03-14 11:10 PM
    Well guys, I have a BlackBerry Q10, and I have been extremely satisfied with it for over a year now. I am sadly to announce all of you that the double typing issue has just gone to far now. I'm getting a brand new BlackBerry Bold 9900 in a couple of days. I need a keyboard I can fully trust.I love BlackBerry 10, but I need a fast solution for this issue.

Subscribe to my blackberry productivity channel C0041FD54
    12-04-14 05:09 PM
    I got my BlackBerry Bold 9900 yesterday and after some updates and installing my favourite apps, I got the peace of mind and business tranquillity... I'll get a BlackBerry Classic ONLY IF there is no double typing issues.

12-07-14 11:50 AM
    I'm still an owner, mine is in absolute impeccable condition I purchased it brand-new for $549.00 no contract when it came out. But switched to the Z10 as soon as that came out,since then Z30 and now Passport, and I've already pre ordered the Classic, so that being said I can say I'm still a full tool belt track pad guy and can't wait to get the device.

Via My amazing BBPassport
    andy957 and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    12-08-14 07:53 PM
    Whatchu smokin' Willis? The 9900 is still popular
    I wouldn't say it's "popular" but some hardcore users like it and stick with it.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-13-14 02:40 PM
    I am using a z10 at the moment but put a Bold 9900 in my Christmas list. I have been a Blackberry user for a few years now and absolutely love them.
    12-23-14 02:53 AM
    Well guys, I have a BlackBerry Q10, and I have been extremely satisfied with it for over a year now. I am sadly to announce all of you that the double typing issue has just gone to far now. I'm getting a brand new BlackBerry Bold 9900 in a couple of days. I need a keyboard I can fully trust.I love BlackBerry 10, but I need a fast solution for this issue.

Using my bold until friday, when using my Q10, I find the doubletyping issue has vanished almost entirely. Reload BB10, might really help.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-25-14 06:05 PM
34 12