Hi all,
    Disclaimer: don't hold me responsible for anything you do to your device!!! Any dissasembly VOIDS warranties.

With that out of the way,

I had a severly squeeky trackpad on my bb9900. I purchased the phone from my friend who had it for a month and the warranty wasn't trasnferable so I took the phone apart.

I found that the two black screws holding the screen down weren't screwed in tightly, which made the top part of the keyboard have play since its tucked in under the screen. This makes the trackpad have 2mm of play under neath it.

I tightened the screwes and voila no squeek.

Quite sad, 5 minutes + youtube + torx screwdriver = solution.

Also the rest of my keyboard seems more solid.

Have fun, be responsible, and don't waste money on a new trackpad+keyboard set because that's not the problem.

COMING SOON, bricked during night time charging analysis.
    02-19-12 11:38 PM
    Subscribed
    02-20-12 01:53 AM
    I've noticed mine squeaks more or less or not at all as the temperature of my device rises. Tolerances on smartphones are so tight, I'm really surprised they don't have more issues with squeaky moving parts.
    02-20-12 07:40 AM
    Could you post the youtube video?
    02-20-12 11:02 AM
    Hi the you tube video I'm refering to is called 9900 dissasembly, it basically shows you the two screws. I'm talking about the black ones at the bottom of the screen, in my case they were loose and allowed for the trackpad to move around since its tucked in under the screen.
    02-20-12 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD