I've had my Bold 9900 for less than a month now and all of a sudden my spacebar needs to be pressed really hard for it to work! This all happened after a humid day, however none of the water damage indicators have gone off, and i've done a battery pull and still nothing. I will have to find out how warranty works for me, but would replacing the keyboard be sufficient or do I have to replace the membrane aswell? If I pulled of the spacebar is there any way to get it back on?
    01-10-12 09:10 PM
    I work in a cell phone repair shop and i deal with these circumstances everyday. PEOPLE do not understand the meaning of water damage. Even if a little drop of water or any moist gets into the keyboard/keypad, IT WILL CAUSE WATER DAMAGE. So because of the humidity, it might have caused water damage to the board. The indicators do not need to be red because the phone wasn't dropped into water. Try warranty. they might charge you if they find any W/D. i would recommend you bring it into a repair shop and just have it fixed or cleaned out (which works most of the time)
    01-10-12 11:08 PM
    So back to my other question, would replacing the keyboard be enough? or Do i have to replace the membrane aswelll?
    01-11-12 02:59 PM
    I've had the Bold 9930 for a few months now and the space bar isn't working all the time, and neither is the ALT key. When I'm typing and press either the space bar or the ALT key, they work some times but not all the time. I have a warranty for the phone. Should I replace it or is this something that's repairable?
    06-29-12 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD