I had a notification for a software upgrade yesterday. I have a Bold 9900 on Telus. I didnt want to do it OTA because I prefer to do a back-up on my laptop first. I plugged the phone into my lap top, had to upgrade my desktop software, after which the back up completed and the new handset software installed. When my phone restarted I could not restore my bbm contacts at all. I went to several restore files on the computer and even tried to restore it using my phone backup files, and none would upload any contacts. Several of my Address book contacts had also vanished. I had ongoing text message conversations which had reverted to just displaying a telephone number rather than the names. I also noticed that my keyboard shortcuts have reverted to what they were previously were, example pressing 'E' brought up BBM and its back to my 'N' key. Im not sure if this is a common problem people are having so I thought I would turn to the forums to see if anyone can help. I called Telus tech help and they gave me a very helpful 'sounds like blackberry failed again' answer and were unable to suggest how to get things back after I said I tried the restore. Any suggestions would be more helpful than telus. Its Software 7.1 Bundle 2807 if that makes a difference in replies. Thanks to anyone who can suggest anything.
    11-14-13 06:26 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry! Sounds like you had a bad time with your backup. It could be corrupted. It is wise to keep BB protect on from now on. Unfortunately you can not recover from a bad backup unless you can restore from a BB Protect backup file.
    11-15-13 01:38 AM
    I will do that. Might uninstall and re-install desktop software as well just to be sure it wasnt a bad download. Thanks for the reply.
    11-15-13 06:08 PM