I tried checking for update on my bold. It kept telling me my device is up to date when it clearly states the version is 7.0.0.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-11 03:18 PM
    My Bold 9900 started out crappy then after a few tweaks (disabling certain features/program permissions) things improved to an acceptable state… Not anywhere near my Bold 9700 but was living with it.

In the last week I’ve notice things have taken a nosedive, nothing much has changed in the way I use my phone nor has anything changed because of my input, if anything I’m using it less compared to when I first acquired it.

As of today these are the numbers… After 11hrs-9m idle, 33m-24s application usage (no games/phone calls/emails/WiFi 2m/checked weather once) my battery is at 45%... So is this considered normal?
    10-12-11 03:56 PM
    I have crappy reception in my office, but my 1.5year old bold 9700 kept on going til the end of most days, but the 9900 is down to 25% after dinner.

Usage is the same, 2 emailaccounts with 20-30 mails/day, whatsapp, some bbm & txt. No other apps running when I'm in the office.

I updated to .440 on monday when the RIM outage started, but the absence of emails/bbm/whatsapp doesn't seem to save any battery...
    10-12-11 04:01 PM
    I am experiencing the same. I leave on charge overnight and its on 10% by the afternoon. I have adjusted all the settings to save power but nothing works. Is it a coincidence that it was from Vodafone as well?
    10-13-11 03:38 PM
    I guess the new os update is suppose to help. There isn't any other options

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    10-13-11 03:39 PM
    So the new OS did help a lot of people. When I went from the stock OS to .353 I was getting phenomenal battery life, it almost doubled.

Since then I have installed 440 and I am losing 5-6 % an hour without even touching the phone. I sent 2 bbm messages and lost 2% in 4 minutes.

So I am going to downgrade or try to reinstall .440 and see what happens.
    10-13-11 03:53 PM
    my battery life time is awesome. I updated the OS a week ago and the improvement is huge, I can now charge my phone every 2-3 days
    10-13-11 04:17 PM
    Yeah I think the new os helps

10-13-11 11:34 PM
    Battery is crap, but maybe i always expect it to be like 9700/9780. Haven't seen poor battery life like this since my Torch 9800.
    10-14-11 03:56 AM
    my battery life time is awesome. I updated the OS a week ago and the improvement is huge, I can now charge my phone every 2-3 days
    Another "it lasts 2-3 days" RIM employee post.

LoL

10-14-11 05:13 AM
    Ok, so took off the charger at 11pm last night after an hour charging via usb and upgrading to .440.

Idle from 11pm - 7am (obviously receiving emails through the night)
    7am - 2pm
    Few calls, nothing major
    Zero browsing
    No other apps running
    BBM, some texts and a few emails.

2pm --> 50% battery life (total off charger 15hrs)

Seeing a definite improvement here. I'll post back if this continues or not. So far .440 has the thumbs up from me.
    AxKxB likes this.
    10-14-11 08:22 AM
    Wow great info

10-14-11 08:59 PM
    I know I am offtopic but still, can anyone tell me that current version 7.0.0 Bundle 1465 is the latest one? I just went on software update and it says that it is up to date.

Thank you..
    10-14-11 09:00 PM
    You're on a crap version. Go put on the .440 leak.

And they had to use a smaller (thinner) battery to preserve the thinnest of the new device as well as a EDOF camera for the same reason. Search around about the battery and you'll get the same response as to why it's smaller).

Yes try the .440 and you'll get better battery life and SHOULD be able to make it through the day.
    AxKxB likes this.
    10-14-11 11:12 PM
    Running .440 from the day of release. Too ******* happy with it.

Not 2-3 days that's wishful thinkin, but yes battery does last thru the day.

Moderate - Heavy user
    10-15-11 02:25 AM
    Ok, so took off the charger at 11pm last night after an hour charging via usb and upgrading to .440.

Idle from 11pm - 7am (obviously receiving emails through the night)
    7am - 2pm
    Few calls, nothing major
    Zero browsing
    No other apps running
    BBM, some texts and a few emails.

2pm --> 50% battery life (total off charger 15hrs)

Seeing a definite improvement here. I'll post back if this continues or not. So far .440 has the thumbs up from me.
    Off topic I know but...someone mentioned reception issues causing battery drain. I had my first hand set replaced due to reception issues. The replacement isn't much better. Do you have any issues keeping on the network? mine seems to want to roam and seems to want to go to 3 as default. Even though 3 isn't on my preferred list. I know the 3 thing will be a local area issue, but just wondering if Vodafone UK people are seeing this
    10-15-11 03:05 AM
    Off topic I know but...someone mentioned reception issues causing battery drain. I had my first hand set replaced due to reception issues. The replacement isn't much better. Do you have any issues keeping on the network? mine seems to want to roam and seems to want to go to 3 as default. Even though 3 isn't on my preferred list. I know the 3 thing will be a local area issue, but just wondering if Vodafone UK people are seeing this
    First things first:

11pm - 7am: Idle
    7am - 11pm: Dozen calls, maybe 1hr talk time. Zero browsing. No other apps running. BBM, some texts and a few emails.

Wifi & 3G on throughout (not at home or office all day so roaming between and I guess wifi constantly looking for a hotspot)

11pm --> 20% battery life (total off charger 24hrs)

Scientific conclusion: .440 software version is categorised as 'Whoa yeeeeeeahhhhhh!!!!'

Regarding 3, never had any roaming trouble like that. I thought you could tell it to lock down to Vodafone only. Are you on .440? Because if not, get on it, all over it, make sweet luuurve to it; she's our saviour!!

I hate 3, was on it once, horrendous company. Zero signal. Off topic, but I had a friend who could not get signal wherever he went in the country. We all went to the west coast of England, the only person to get signal on the beach was him, and the closer he got to the water the better signal he got. I guess 3 at their Asia HQ thought the UK was some kind of Acropolis and we all travelled on jet skis or something. Crazy.

Anyways, lock that network down, and get on .440. Hopefully you will relax whilst your phone stays on Voda and lasts a whole day

If it won't remain locked down to Voda, locate the 3 mast and disconnect it
    Captain Scarlet likes this.
    10-15-11 05:59 AM
    Same here! I only make it through half a day! I called tmobile. They told me basically to not use the phone and charge it all day! Turn off wifi, turn off Bluetooth, sign out of Facebook, turn off vibrate, turn off location services, charge whenever possible, on and on.

I do a normal amount of texting, bbm, some Facebook, some emails, little web. There is no way my battery should only last half a day! And I can't imagine people get a whole day out of a battery! Must be defective batteries out there.

And when I turned all those features off and other tips I read, it didn't help at all! My daughter got the same phone on the same day and has the same issue. Love the 9900 but the battery issue makes it almost useless!
    10-15-11 07:28 AM
    Love the 9900 but the battery issue makes it almost useless!
    are you on .440 software?

If not, do it, do it!! make the jump and join us carefree 9900 battery abusers!!!
    Abdullahh121212 likes this.
    10-15-11 08:35 AM
    are you on .440 software?

If not, do it, do it!! make the jump and join us carefree 9900 battery abusers!!!
    ok, listen, I dont know what to do :S First can you tell me how to check your software on device? Then can you link me a proper place from where i can download it? And can you also link me a proper guide on how to do it?

I am sorry if I am asking for too much but I am really new to all of this..

Thank you!!
    10-15-11 09:26 AM
    Ok.....loaded .440...downloaded and plugged into DM and it offered me the update. So far the big thing for me is the signal. I was losing signal and getting sos and searching for network....now 3 to 5 bars, spot on.

Haven't noticed if it is "snappier " yet...
    10-16-11 12:18 AM
    hmm I am still running .296 as most of the time I get good performance with it.

With 3G it's about 5% -> terrible for just doing "nothing" with the device.

For me I can handle it to change only to 3G if I need it.

So I am most of the time using 2G and the battery drain is 2-3% per hour.

With active WLAN (and 2G) it is even a bit less (2%). (and of course WLAN off when not there...)

Of course when I got my 9900 I used everything inkl. wikitude etc. and have done unnecessary things (like just grab the 9900 and touching the touch screen/playing around
    xD)

So the first 2-3 days the battery life was scary poor. After the first week up to now I have usually 40-60% still after 7am to 18pm and 20 to 40 % at 0:00 when I usually put it on the charger over the night.

I think I had 2 or 3 exceptions.

Last week with the terrible fail excluded.

I used the BB Browser for gmail & co. instead of pushmail on Monday and Tuesday - this of course drained the battery a lot.

Wednesday was even worse as even BB Browser wasn't working anymore (grrr) and I had to use Mini Opera.

I think it's like that:

The device is quite powerfull aka can suck a lot of juice.
    (fast CPU; a lot of RAM; high resolution on a extreme good display; fast networks 3G/H+ )

Due to the display, RAM and CPU the average drain per hour is quite high. This we can not change.

If an applications freeze or just missuse the CPU etc. the battey is down in a few hours.

"we" lost about 20% with the downgrade from 1550 (or was it 1500?) to 1230mAh.

BB 9900 is now there where the standard Androids are.

I have now similar "power" (1,2ghz/GPU; high display resolution/bright display) but similar battery life.

Of course I would have prefered 1550 or more for the device. This "thinnier is better" is stupid.

I can get over the day with the 9900 but to make this sure I have to use 2G and WLAN!!! and only change to 3G when I need it. With the old battery I would have got almost 2 workdays (2G/auto off/on midnight to 7am) or at least one careless 3G day.

Systemupgrades can not change the small battery or the hardware which were used.

But it can probably change the way it is used which an help a bit.

Have a look on the installed apps/what apps working in the backround.

So if the 3G module is a energy waster?

The best option is to change to 2G. To change back it took less than 30 seconds.

Oh and I'm still not really used to it but now I have on my work and in my car a charger.

10 minutes extra charging gives me 10% more battery.
    10-16-11 06:01 AM
    Having amazing battery life here!!!!!
    1-2 bbms every 5-10 mins
    Running 7.0.0.440 on 9900
    10-16-11 06:29 AM
    The bottom line with this phone is that the battery is just not very good. It seems that everyone wants to make excuses like "you must be in a poor service area, or you are using it too much." I can say from experience that this is the worst BB in terms of battery life that I have owned in all my years of owning blackberry's, dating back to the 8300 series. RIM obviously screwed it up, and the only saving grace is either carry a spare or buy an extended battery (if Sedio ever comes out with one).
    10-16-11 07:15 AM
    Didn't u know?

It lasts 2 to 3 days.

Pathetic and dangerous to have crappy 6 hour battery life.

10-16-11 07:17 AM
77 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD