Hi I m using Bold 9900 since last 45 days or so it is Current OS version 7.0.0.261 (downgraded by BB Service center) and Platform version 5.0.0.454. After some 25 days, the phone developed a strange issue of screen going blank (off ) during the call and not coming back even after key presses. It only comes back after the call gets disconnected.

I went to the service station where they wiped off the phone and installed the OS again, but the problem persists. The service station communicated to me that they have received a few more complaints for such an issue with other BOLD 9900s, but they dont have any solution for the same for the moment. Also told me that if I had come with this issue within a month's time they would processed change of handset for me (I was some 5 days late !!!!!!) They also made a video of the issue and mailed it to their higher official.

But when I checked again after over 10 days there has been no reply from their side. They have no clue on how to handle the issue, let alone solve it.

It comes to me as big shock that BlackBerry is handling this issue so lightly when people like me have taken a bet on existing brand image and opted for the newly launched phone. The cold response is baffling and seems like there is no solution for the helpless customers here in India. Highly disappointing indeed.

I seek help from the International BB support community to help me resolve this issue !!

Thanks !!!
    Malik
    10-10-11 11:26 AM
    I have the exact same problem with my 9900 with OS .353

I am constantly checking my calendar during calls to tell people if i'm available or not on such and such a day, and always end up telling people "sorry, my screen went black and can't check my calendar" and they think i'm kidding!

No key can wake up the screen when this happens! I really hope OS .440 solves this problem, it's driving me crazy every day (combined to the fact that the week view is too "narrow")!

For the moment the 9900 is the most disappointing Blackberry i have used... Furthermore, today there was a huge BIS outage over Europe, needless to say i refrained myself from smashing it on the ground a couple of times!
    This is probably the last Blackberry i bought.
    10-10-11 06:22 PM
    yes i had this happen to me a few times on .353 i'm on .440 now and it hasn't happened yet
    10-10-11 06:30 PM
    Update to .440 it might help
    10-10-11 06:36 PM
    Will .440 OS be the right OS for me, is it not operator specific ?
    10-12-11 10:57 AM
    This started to happen to my 9900 when i upgraded to the 7.1 firmware. (7.1.0.205)
    Only happens after i receive or have placed a phonecall. Seems like there is something wrong with the proximity senson when calling.

The screen will initialize again after a few minutes although these days the issue seems to get worse.
    02-17-12 08:11 AM
    No problems here with a Rogers 9900 on the 7.1.267 leak.
    02-17-12 05:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD