It was a good review. I only had an issue with one part of it, the benchmark test you ran. You claimed your 9900 scored better than the iPhone 4 at 5900ms. But my iPhone4 on the latest firmware scores 4282ms on 0.9.1 and 4099ms on the older 0.9 test.
    Maybe the iPhone you were using doesn't have the latest 4.3 firmware with improved nitro javascript engine. Which could account for it's lack of browser speed in some tests.

Either way, the 9900's browser is greatly improved and much better than previous versions. With the latest 9900 firmware I'm seeing results in the high 4900+ ms.

Good review though. )
    08-01-11 02:49 PM
    Louder for sure!
    Really wow. I can't wait to get my hands on this baby. Thanks for the review

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-11 02:55 PM
    Great review... thanks!
    - Right now, my 9780 can keep up to ALMOST 4 full days...
    So going back to just 1 day would be a major setback for me.
    I've never understood people who aren't happy unless they're getting multiple days out of their battery, unless of course they're regularly in overnight circumstances in which they have no access to a charger (unlikely). There is nothing wrong with charging your battery every evening, especially these days when batteries charge in less than an hour.

Sure getting 2 days of normal use is nice because you know it'll hold out for at least a day on those occasions when you have super-heavy use, but there is no need whatsoever to need 4 days without a charge. None. And if you're just a light user as it seems you are, I can guarantee you're going to get through the whole day without a charge.

UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    08-01-11 03:30 PM
    For my work I travel alot, and when busy all day talking to people I can't always find the time to look for a way to plug into the wall...
    So yes, for me it would be great to be able to do a little more than 1 day.
    08-01-11 03:39 PM
    3149ms with the latest firmware. Still think your iPhone is faster

It was a good review. I only had an issue with one part of it, the benchmark test you ran. You claimed your 9900 scored better than the iPhone 4 at 5900ms. But my iPhone4 on the latest firmware scores 4282ms on 0.9.1 and 4099ms on the older 0.9 test.
    Maybe the iPhone you were using doesn't have the latest 4.3 firmware with improved nitro javascript engine. Which could account for it's lack of browser speed in some tests.

Either way, the 9900's browser is greatly improved and much better than previous versions. With the latest 9900 firmware I'm seeing results in the high 4900+ ms.

Good review though. )
    08-01-11 05:14 PM
    thanks for the great write-up Abbas, much appreciated!

your vid is as buttery smooth as the device itself ;-)

Mines on pre-order since last weekend, so quite pleased with your good news!

08-01-11 05:38 PM
    I meant for an official release on Verizon which is rumored for next week.

Some release dates this Wed would be nice.

Also nice to see the new score with the latest firmware.

08-01-11 05:54 PM
    I think I watched that video 10 times now. Thanks for the review. I sure hope the 9900 reaches TMO in the next three weeks.
    08-01-11 06:12 PM
    7A-10P is very good compared to many smart phones. Most Droids running on original batteeries only last 6 hours. My Incredible with the extended battery only makes it 12 hours. Cant wait to go back to BB. Sorry Rim, losing my phone functionality wasn't worth all the games.
    08-01-11 08:46 PM
    highest quality pictures I've seen. Great work.
    08-01-11 10:07 PM
    I think I watched that video 10 times now. Thanks for the review. I sure hope the 9900 reaches TMO in the next three weeks.
    Can someone post a link to the video please?

08-01-11 10:34 PM
    I've never understood people who aren't happy unless they're getting multiple days out of their battery, unless of course they're regularly in overnight circumstances in which they have no access to a charger (unlikely). There is nothing wrong with charging your battery every evening, especially these days when batteries charge in less than an hour.

Sure getting 2 days of normal use is nice because you know it'll hold out for at least a day on those occasions when you have super-heavy use, but there is no need whatsoever to need 4 days without a charge. None. And if you're just a light user as it seems you are, I can guarantee you're going to get through the whole day without a charge.

I like the option if i drop everything into the setting for least battery usage to last a decent amount of time.

Plenty of occasions where I can remember where I want/expect the battery to last a good few days. Ie when abroad if i don't wanna use data and just want to use as a phone sms device if needed.

The weekend away from work and on a short break where again I just need the phone there in case.

In the past back in the day when i would go out with mates I can think of plenty of times where no charger was available or I was never in a place where i could leave it charging. My phone then would if not used loads easily last the weekend.

The beauty of the Blackberry is that if you do indeed just leave in standby can last for days. Maybe you have never needed but others do..
    08-02-11 07:56 AM
    So the wifi hotspot is carrier enabled. I figured that would be the case since several people with test units have reported that they can't find the feature.
    08-02-11 08:53 AM
    7A-10P is very good compared to many smart phones. Most Droids running on original batteeries only last 6 hours. My Incredible with the extended battery only makes it 12 hours. Cant wait to go back to BB. Sorry Rim, losing my phone functionality wasn't worth all the games.
    Quoted for most Ill-informed post of the day. 6 hours? Please!
    08-02-11 10:27 AM
    Thunderbolt on stock rom + LTE was about 6 hours, with little use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 11:25 AM
    Some good news. With the new firmware and with 3G off (so running on Edge), I unplugged the device before 8AM and it's now 16 hours since then. The battery is just a tad bit under 50%. This is with WiFi and push email turned on.

So if you were to switch off WiFi and data services, I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to get almost 3 days on it.
    purijagmohan likes this.
    08-02-11 02:43 PM
    Some good news. With the new firmware and with 3G off (so running on Edge), I unplugged the device before 8AM and it's now 16 hours since then. The battery is just a tad bit under 50%. This is with WiFi and push email turned on.

So if you were to switch off WiFi and data services, I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to get almost 3 days on it.
    Awesome. Can you do the same test with 3G on? Peez?
    08-02-11 03:01 PM
    Awesome news! Can't wait to see these on the shelves! I may not be able to get one right away, but dam if I don't want to test one out.

08-02-11 03:19 PM
    This phone gets better and better. I really believe this and the whole new line is going to bring RIM back. So much so I just got stock in them

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 04:16 PM
    Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    08-02-11 04:20 PM
    Thunderbolt on stock rom + LTE was about 6 hours, with little use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    Nope, I have a Thunderbolt and this is incorrect.
    08-02-11 06:18 PM
    thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

if you had a chance to play with the vid cam, is there a limit as to how long you're able to record?
    08-02-11 11:08 PM
    Hmm- won't this be dependent on your available storage? I have tried recording for three minutes and it didn't give me any warning.

thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

if you had a chance to play with the vid cam, is there a limit as to how long you're able to record?
    08-02-11 11:28 PM
    So the wifi hotspot is carrier enabled. I figured that would be the case since several people with test units have reported that they can't find the feature.
    OR it's not in there yet.
    08-02-11 11:30 PM
    Hmm- won't this be dependent on your available storage? I have tried recording for three minutes and it didn't give me any warning.
    After you record a video does it give you options to send to facebook and or youtube?

08-02-11 11:54 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD