Anyone know anywhere I can get a Bold 9900 replacement trackpad? I have been checking truesupplier and cnn.cn everyday seeing if they have one in and still nothing. My trackpad goes nuts when I'm in the sun, cursor goes straight to the top, very difficult to text when I'm outside, soon as I'm inside its fine. Hope someone has some replacement trackpads available soon.
    09-14-11 11:03 PM
    Anyone know anywhere I can get a Bold 9900 replacement trackpad? I have been checking truesupplier and cnn.cn everyday seeing if they have one in and still nothing. My trackpad goes nuts when I'm in the sun, cursor goes straight to the top, very difficult to text when I'm outside, soon as I'm inside its fine. Hope someone has some replacement trackpads available soon.
    this problem has been documented by many users..it is normal.

i dont remember exactly what goes on there - but, it is something have to do with the way direct sunlight hits the sensor causing the trackpad to not respond accurately to touches.
    09-14-11 11:07 PM
    09-14-11 11:24 PM
    I have had many Blackberries in the past and none have done this. I'm not talking just a little bit of movement, like if I have a sms thread open, the cursor will just automatically scroll it straight to the top of the thread unless I put my finger over the trackpad or move my berry away from the sun. I realize that sunlight can affect the trackpad but mine seems overly sensitive. It doesn't even have to be very sunny outside, and it still goes crazy.
    Last edited by TyePo; 09-14-11 at 11:49 PM.
    09-14-11 11:44 PM
    my 9700 does same under direct son and, knowing it I'm trying to not use my bb when it happens, problem solved
    09-14-11 11:55 PM
    Read number 4 at: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...utions-648306/

I already posted this info... when UV hits the sensor, it will malfunction and this is NOT a defect and don't waste your money on a new pad.
    09-15-11 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD