Hi guys, my carrier is AT&T and i am gonna get the Bold 9900 this sunday when it finally launches on AT&T, but i've been reading about all these 9900s getting bricked and i was wondering is the reliability gonna be an issue?? does most of the bold owners have no problem with their phone or do most of them already have bricked phones already?
    11-02-11 12:01 PM
    I've had no issues with my 9930. It's worked like a charm from day one.
    11-02-11 12:04 PM
    Not going to know what the AT&T version has in store until we can get hands on with one. Some say the delay was hardware related while others say it was software related.

You can read about the issues some 9900/9930 users are reporting while others have no issues at all. You do get 30 days to make an exchange.
    11-02-11 12:05 PM
    aight... guess i'll have to buy one and find out.... LOL..... thanks guys
    11-02-11 12:08 PM
    I've been using a Bold 9900 on Telus for a couple of months now, and it has been good. No crashes, and definitely no bricking. That said, I have not updated the operating system from the original version (v.7.0.0.261) or unlocked my phone in any way. I did restore my phone (using Blackberry Desktop software on Mac) once in the first week, when I wanted to change what Blackberry ID the phone was registered to. I have loaded a few apps (Canoe, Ponyt, Facebook, ...) but not many.

Note that at first I thought I had a bad battery, as it seemed to first drop very fast, but then after a battery pull reported more battery life. I think it takes 2 full charge and discharges to either condition the battery, or sync the battery life indicator with the battery properly.

As a side note, I use the pocket sleeve instead of the included belt holster. The belt holster is too tight and can cause accidental key presses (and in one post I read caused physical damage to the keyboard). Also, my wife won't let me wear it. :P
    11-02-11 12:25 PM
    Have had my 9930 for a week now, I think. I have had absolutely no hardware issues. Only problem I've had is actually from Verizon pushing bloatware back on after the .374 OS upgrade.
    11-02-11 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD