Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to set up my new BOLD 9900 so when my contacts email me AND OR text me that is makes the email and text sounds I have set me phone to do. My Curve 9300 it worked that way. It seems with this phone I cant figure out how to do this. HELP HELP!!!!

Thanks!
    02-01-12 12:59 PM
    Go into your address book, then press menu button for the contact you want to change, and then go to edit. Scroll to where is says custom ringtones/alerts. From here, you can change each contact to your liking.
    02-01-12 01:06 PM
    There is no way to just set it so when I get emailed no matter who its from OR text for that matter it will make the sounds I have it set to? I have to change all my contacts?
    02-01-12 06:05 PM
    Nope... tap the little speaker looking thing on your homescreen or open the speaker icon that is mixed in with your other apps. This is the sound profiles. You can change from here. This will change all notifications and not specific contacts.
    02-01-12 06:12 PM
    There is no way to just set it so when I get emailed no matter who its from OR text for that matter it will make the sounds I have it set to? I have to change all my contacts?

As dustanh said, adjust your sound profiles as you need. Just make sure afterwards you're using the one you customized or you won't see (or in this case hear) any changes.

If it's custom alerts for specific contacts refer to his first post (#2).
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-01-12 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD