No way it is coming Q1 2012. When was the last time RIM released a device on time?
    hmm actually the 99xx released on time thank you very much

RIM said summer 2011, and summer ends on Sept 23rd... well lookie... released on time
    08-15-11 12:20 AM
    I guess the CEO gets to keep his job now that he got product released. Nice work, but poor marketing and exposure however. Other than us geeks here, who else even knows about the new phones yet?

Is this what is referred to as a "controlled release?" For some reason, that sounds wrong.
    08-15-11 12:31 AM
    I guess the CEO gets to keep his job now that he got product released. Nice work, but poor marketing and exposure however. Other than us geeks here, who else even knows about the new phones yet?

Is this what is referred to as a "controlled release?" For some reason, that sounds wrong.
    Well it�s out now so we�ll see what happens.
    08-15-11 12:41 AM
    Well it�s out now so we�ll see what happens.
    I almost feel they did this quickly to please the loyalists, but their real intent was to have them ready for the holiday season. To your comment, hopefully they will kick in the marketing trains in the coming months.

I envision a QNX phone/Car integration in their future and hopefully some consumer products as well.

Phone rings, you see it on your dash and interact in this fashion.
    08-15-11 12:50 AM
    QNX imo is no where near over rated, its the bad boy of the future. That said OS7 is more than fine! This 9900 kicks ***!
    I don't have a Play Book, so please excuse my ignorance with this question:
    What makes QNX superior to OS7.
    08-15-11 07:03 AM
    They can keep QNX. I am beting it will be this time next year before we see RIM doing QNX phones. I will stick to OS7 till QNX grows up.
    08-15-11 07:19 AM
    They can keep QNX. I am beting it will be this time next year before we see RIM doing QNX phones. I will stick to OS7 till QNX grows up.
    I agree, i like QNX on my playbook but they need to add a lot to make it as function as bb os imho. The neatness and fun factor is there though
    08-15-11 07:53 AM

BTW its the carriers what do the advertising... so not RIM... RIM may do some, but very very little... the carriers are the ones who screwed up the marketing for this launch
    08-15-11 09:19 AM
    I guess I don't know what I'm missing when it comes to QNX, but now that I have a Bold 9900, there's no way, I'd let it out of my clutches now to wait for a different interface. BB7 is more than good enough for me. This phone has the potential to win back a ton of BB users who switched to Android / iPhone, etc. This phone will be the crowned the King of Messaging!!!!

I can't see how much QNX could possibly improve this phone.
    08-15-11 09:29 AM
    RIM has said no. they are running QNX on dual-core phones only.
    And yet the Colt (their prototype QNX device) is working with a single core.
    08-15-11 10:37 AM
    I guess I don't know what I'm missing when it comes to QNX, but now that I have a Bold 9900, there's no way, I'd let it out of my clutches now to wait for a different interface. BB7 is more than good enough for me. This phone has the potential to win back a ton of BB users who switched to Android / iPhone, etc. This phone will be the crowned the King of Messaging!!!!

I can't see how much QNX could possibly improve this phone.
    No, you've got that wrong. My Motorola RAZR was the king of messaging.
    08-15-11 10:38 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD