Couldn't see this being shared anywhere so I thought I'll post it up

Link as below:

Blackberry Bold 9900 hits pre-order, costs £500 � Blackberry News

BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 Sim Free / Unlocked
    Last edited by jaanu2k; 05-14-11 at 08:35 AM.
    05-14-11 08:32 AM
    "24 Months BlackBerry Priority Replacement Warranty" That is awesome. I have to pay close to $200 Canadian to BestBuy for a 24 moths warranty on a BlackBerry. That itself should sell out if it is available for Canadians.
    05-14-11 10:03 AM
    and in the press release it says:

Availability
    The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer.

Edit: so it wil be indeed end of june
    Last edited by ossasosa; 05-14-11 at 11:39 AM.
    05-14-11 10:44 AM
    WOW! 24 months BlackBerry warranty, They usually do at least 1yr manufactuers warranty, but if now they are upping it to 24 months (which as a Sprint/USA customer and getting the Bold 9930 with my upgrade) should be 2yrs, since the contract itself is for 2yrs. But again, Vodafone and O2 in the UK and T-Mobile in the US already saying June 28th or around then..and now the Order taking pre-orders for the Bold 9900...man seems to me end of June is really looking more and more realistic for the major carriers. Hope Sprint will have the Bold 9930 for pre-order soon too (waives the $18.00 activation fee also, and hopefully Sprint's "Instant rebate program" will still be in effect then).
    05-14-11 11:01 AM
    I wonder if the 24 month manufacturer warranty only applies to that UK site. It would be great if RIM changed it to 24 months worldwide. Competition is fierce, so why not? And I won't have to buy the stupid extended warranty from Best Buy anymore. I've had a lot of issues claiming warranty from Best Buy. So, Best Buy can bite me!
    05-14-11 12:34 PM
    and in the press release it says:

Availability
    The new BlackBerry Bold 9900 and 9930 smartphones are expected to be available from carriers around the world beginning this summer.

Not necessarily, it says it will be available "beginning this summer", not beginning OF this summer. Being available beginning this summer only states that it will be available at some point during this summer.
    05-14-11 12:47 PM
    August

But again, Vodafone and O2 in the UK and T-Mobile in the US have not mentioned ANY dates..and now the Order taking pre-orders for the Bold 9900...man seems to me end of June is really looking more and more realistic for the major carriers.
    Nope, still August

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-11 04:34 PM
    But again, Vodafone and O2 in the UK and T-Mobile in the US already saying June 28th or around then..and now the Order taking pre-orders for the Bold 9900...man seems to me end of June is really looking more and more realistic for the major carriers.
    how many people don't get this... its 1 company, jumping the gun, guessing at a release date, guessing at a price in the hope they can secure some early orders from customers just like the eBay postings. i highly highly doubt all this stuff some people post on here about pre-release units being sold.. no. listen to what people in the know are telling you at&t aren't even testing them yet, if at&t haven't got any units... why would anyone else especially some guys on ebay or a small time UK company
    05-14-11 04:40 PM
    Anyone on here can claim to be whomever, a tester a RIM employee a at&t insider, etc...so many OP's on these forums with all this inside info that is just total BS! Every post on here is just opinion, period! Until one of the major carriers officially announce a release date, everyone and anyone is just plain speculating..I want to be optimistic and hope we see the Bold by June, but for posters coming on here with such arrogant and superior behavior is makes as much sense as Stevie Wonder teaching Ray Charles how to drive lol.

05-14-11 05:45 PM
    Yeah, all these mature posters with educated, informed, and realistic opinions... who do they think they are?

05-14-11 05:57 PM
    Really? Mature? To say without any doubt in their minds that mid-August is the absolute earliest and then scoff at people and basically demean them because heaven forbid, we'd like to see the Bold released in June, and who also like them have no solid proof of ANY release date. I say end of June, you say late August-early September...so unless you and have JUST become co-ceo's of RIM and just happened to have bought the big 4 carriers in the US...we can absolutly know as much as any other poster on here...which is ????

05-14-11 07:01 PM
    I couldn't agree more leftypepper. A lot of people far to quick to shoot down the optimistic members on here.
    All I can say is it better be perfect if it doesn't come till august, on recent form rim have behind the competition in release dates and reiiability/useability of released products.
    It would be nice to buck the trend for once, the wealth of android handsets are starting to look very good these days......

05-15-11 03:50 AM
    my guess isnt even educated, I just want one asap! if its mid to late august ill be sad, as im impatient!

05-15-11 04:24 AM
    Yeah, all these mature posters with educated, informed, and realistic opinions... who do they think they are?

lol, and to think i just heard from one of my contacts (who called os6.1 back in november) that vodafone are currently scheduled for a launch date of 19th june.
    05-15-11 05:38 AM

however, my source, don't know how up to date the info is, says June.
    05-15-11 06:47 AM
    I couldn't agree more leftypepper. A lot of people far to quick to shoot down the optimistic members on here.
    All I can say is it better be perfect if it doesn't come till august, on recent form rim have behind the competition in release dates and reiiability/useability of released products.
    It would be nice to buck the trend for once, the wealth of android handsets are starting to look very good these days......

I think I speak for alot of disgruntled BlackBerry users, who love the qwerty keyboard and form factor and all that is BlackBerry...but seems to me that RIM has had thier head up thier A** for the last two years...instead of running with the huge popularity of the 2008 83XX Curves and Bold 9000, they just sat back and gave us minor updates of the Curve, and then worse still, took a great 83XX device and rechanged it to the lovely 3rd world plastic toylike craftsmanship 85XX series and then for good measure, continued with it on the Curve 3G/9330! and let's not forget the Tour 9630 debacle with faulty trackballs, then to slap the Tour buyers in the face, they released the Bold 9650 less than 10 months later. I'm on Sprint, so what have I had to choose from in the last 2 yrs? crappy updated plastic Curves, trackball prob Tour, Bold 9650 (good phone, that should have been out May 2009!) a clam shell Style that is more a boutique device than a real offering...and NOW after two years of loving my Curve 8330 and seeing all these leaps and advancements from other Platforms...other former BB owners getting disgusted and getting Evos...and LOVING them! and NOW FINALLY! RIM comes out with a decent device and those of us who have waited VERY paitently and have become optimistic of a June release...only to hear "not until mid-August or later" "not even in testing yet" "not sure when" you really think MOST common sense people will just stay on the sidelines some more for the 9930? when iphone 4S and the new Evo and the new Samsungs come out...and there in the corner, collecting dust is the Sprint BlackBerry display of wow! lookie...FREE Style 9670, FREE Curve 9330, $99.00 Bold 9650...mmmm quite a awesome fleet of BlackBerrys there
    05-15-11 07:29 AM
    leftypepper, ya kinda have a point, however the new iphone (whatever they decide to call it) isnt due to be announced until september, so its pretty much a given that'll be more competing with the new touch rather than the new bold.
    05-15-11 08:12 AM
    leftypepper, ya kinda have a point, however the new iphone (whatever they decide to call it) isnt due to be announced until september, so its pretty much a given that'll be more competing with the new touch rather than the new bold.
    Possibly...BUT? if the rumors of the Bold 9900/9930 NOT being released until mid-August, or (just shoot yourselves already RIM), September, Then that means the Touch will not be available until Nov/Dec @ the earliest, meanwhile IF Apple does release the iphone 4S in September, Sprint & T-Mobile possibly getting it along with at&t and Verizon, will have a media blitz in the US all of August (remember Superbowl Sunday this past Feb 07th?, Verizon's commerical happily announcing the iphone 4 coming in March?) taughting the release of the iphone4S...with a 30 day jump possibly on the Bold 9930 and a 90 jump on the Touch, that will leave RIM cut off at the knees...and we're not even metioning any new Androids like the new Evo or new Samsung or Motorola...and now with the 900 recalled Playbooks from Staples here in the US, it's not looking too good for RIM at this point.
    05-15-11 08:34 AM
    if the rumors of the Bold 9900/9930 NOT being released until mid-August
    ah see rumors, not exactly accurate.

while i cant give out too much info, lets just say my source is pretty reliable (as in has been correct in the past), plus iv heard something else that correlates with the date iv already said.
    05-15-11 07:17 PM
    i realy think this will launch first overseas then hear
    thomaaas likes this.
    05-15-11 07:40 PM
    i realy think this will launch first overseas then hear
    My thoughts: I'm from Belgium, and if I remember correctly, the bold 9000 and curve 8900 were released in Belgium and other European countries 1-2 months before they were released in the US. Reason is I think that in Belgium, cell phones are always without a simlock, and they are not sold by the Belgian carriers, but just sold by regular electronic stores, so we always have to pay full price for the devices, but also means that RIM sells them directly to customers, and they don't have to go through carrier testing. Last rumors in Belgium newspapers, were that the 9900 is going to be released first half of July in Belgium.

I could be totally wrong, and it's probably just a rumor about the first half of July release, but still thought I could share what I thought.
    05-15-11 07:48 PM
    ah see rumors, not exactly accurate.

while i cant give out too much info, lets just say my source is pretty reliable (as in has been correct in the past), plus iv heard something else that correlates with the date iv already said.
    What dates to you think BBThemes? And are these UK release dates? I tired in vein today to see if a rep from the BlackBerry store in Farmington Hills, Michigan had any info yet, and he said nothing so far, he also has Sprint, and is getting the Bold 9930 as soon as its dropped. He has over 100 names & numbers of BlackBerry customers who've ask to be contacted asap when the Bold 9900/9930 is coming.

05-15-11 07:56 PM
    lol, and to think i just heard from one of my contacts (who called os6.1 back in november) that vodafone are currently scheduled for a launch date of 19th june.
    What dates to you think BBThemes?
    im that good i answered your question over 12 hours ago
    05-15-11 09:57 PM
    im that good i answered your question over 12 hours ago
    I'm sorry BBThemes, I must have scrolled past it. So one would assume that these UK release dates are end of June, and since T-Mobile US also as said end of June, pretty sure the other big three carriers in the US will follow suite, or be within a week or two of GSM releases. Guess your contact man doesnt have any US release dates?
    05-16-11 05:54 AM
    I hope RIM will launch this phone in India along with rest of the world like they did with Torch. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the price !!! Hope it will not give me heart attack... ;-)

05-16-11 08:24 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD