I traded in my touch 9800 this past weekend for the bold 9900 at AT&T. I completed my first OTA update to 7.0.0.400 on Sunday. I really love everything about it so far, except for a few random problems:

1. I spent the time to create a custom ring profile that fits my needs on Monday. I woke up this morning to find out it is now missing. Any ideas on how to get it back would be greatly appreciated.
    FYI: Last night I was testing out tethering on my laptop. I tried at first via DM. After the automatic backup was complete, I was unsuccessful at getting a connection. I then downloaded Communication Manager from AT&T had success with using the phone for a connection but wasnt impressed with the speeds. It appears that 4G isnt supported in this application yet. I didnt notice that my custom profile was missing before I went bed. Strange.
    2. AT&Ts preinstalled icons (YP, ATT AppCenter, Code Scanner, etc) keep randomly popping up after being hidden. I found a work around to hide in a folder in the forums and appreciate the help, but would love to find a way to remove these all together.thanks.

Thanks in advance.
    - m Shane
    12-07-11 11:03 AM
    Yes, created a folder for them, but had to do it on both the All and Media panels. Annoying no doubt.

Any idea on the custom profile being removed?

Thanks for your help!
    12-07-11 12:23 PM
    Yes the profile was saved and I was using it for at least 36 hours, before it mysteriously disappeared.
    12-07-11 12:37 PM
    I also created a custom profile and was using it for two days and then it just dissapeared
    01-22-12 12:10 AM
    Do a selective restore for "sounds" thru Desktop Manager from a previous backup that had it. I have done this many times after losing one profile.

Debbie
    01-22-12 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD