My new Bold 9900 ( 1 week old) suddenly has lost the notification bar on top of the home screen, the one below the time, date etc and above the actual BB icons, it is no longer visible? The speaker icon on the left as well as the (magnifying glass) search icon on the right as well as the twitter, email icons in the middle have all disappeared. Anyone know of this issue? Is there a way to reset it?

Regards
    10-23-11 03:42 PM
    Try a battery pull...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-11 03:45 PM
    Thanks that worked, much appreciated!
    10-24-11 06:06 AM
    Glad it worked for you.

That's the first rule in BlackBerry ownership... if in doubt, pull it out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-11 06:25 AM
    the same thing is happening to me and i keep pulling out the battery but now it happens way too often. like every hour the whole bar with the sound, notification and search disappears.

pulling the battery every hour is getting very annoying.

any suggestions?
    01-24-12 02:55 PM
    press alt + shift + del together, does the same thing as a battery pull, restarts your device.
    01-24-12 03:04 PM
    You should try wiping your device (first make a backup of course). If that doesn't help, reload the OS or install another build of the OS.
    01-24-12 03:04 PM
    the same thing is happening to me and i keep pulling out the battery but now it happens way too often. like every hour the whole bar with the sound, notification and search disappears.

pulling the battery every hour is getting very annoying.

any suggestions?
    You've obviously got a corrupt file... either reload your current OS, or update to a later version.
    Last edited by Phill_UK; 01-24-12 at 03:34 PM.
    01-24-12 03:19 PM
    ya i am waiting for 7.1 and then ill just load that.

in the mean time i found a way to fix it so i thought ill post that.

so the bar just disappears but u can still touch the screen and it works. so if you touch on the right corner where the search button is the search opens and when you press back the bar appears again.

so ill just do this till 7.1 is out or till i get time and reload the os.

thank you guys
    01-24-12 03:32 PM
    Battery pulls are always lifesavers
    01-24-12 07:03 PM
    ya i am waiting for 7.1 and then ill just load that.

in the mean time i found a way to fix it so i thought ill post that.

so the bar just disappears but u can still touch the screen and it works. so if you touch on the right corner where the search button is the search opens and when you press back the bar appears again.

so ill just do this till 7.1 is out or till i get time and reload the os.

thank you guys
    Agreed with above. For the rare occasion I encounter this problem, I just type in the home screen as if I'm searching for something, push the back button, and voila, search bar reappears. This way, you won't have to do a batt pull or restart your phone every time it happens.
    01-25-12 12:32 AM
    Just type a few random letters at your homescreen (as if to do a universal search) and then back out of it. Your notification bar should come back.
    01-25-12 01:01 AM
    Hello Guys,

Two important things:

1- I have the same problem although I don't have any applications installed except 2 or 3 (not a load of apps), so I think if you wipe out, you will eventually get that bug again, I think it's a bug and it should be fixed by RIM.

2- Why do a battery pull?! That will wear out your mobie battery and cover and it's time consuming, use the keyboard shortcuts to simulate the same process:

Press all these three buttons togther:

Left ALT + Right SHIFT + DEL

I hope this tip helps you a lot.

Thanks

Farouk
    Cairo, Egypt
    02-01-12 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD