I have an unlocked Blackberry Bold 9900 and I have been in a few areas where I know they have 3g/4g , whatever. The phone just stays on edge the whole time. Anyone know how to fix this or if it can even be fixed? Also I have had a bold 9700, iphone and android all using the same unlimited internet plan, but sometimes when clicking facebook or twitter it says I don't have the data plan to run this..?
    10-16-11 01:55 PM
    An unlimited plan for an android, will not have blackberry data. You need a blackberry data plan to use all the blackberry specific apps. Alternatively you can get around this by using third party apps like opera browser.

For the connection issue, go to "options and status\networks and connections\mobile network" and set the network selection mode to automatic and the Network mode to 3G/H+ & 2G.
    10-16-11 02:04 PM
    I did the second part of what you said, but nothing happened. Ill be in the Chicago area tomorrow, so I will see if it works then.
    10-16-11 02:13 PM
    I have an unlocked Blackberry Bold 9900 and I have been in a few areas where I know they have 3g/4g , whatever. The phone just stays on edge the whole time. Anyone know how to fix this or if it can even be fixed? Also I have had a bold 9700, iphone and android all using the same unlimited internet plan, but sometimes when clicking facebook or twitter it says I don't have the data plan to run this..?
    So your last phone was an iphone? or an android?
    the reason i'm asking is you need to call customer service to set up a Blackberry Internet Service plan with your 9900.
    You will still enjoy the unlimited data part, it just needs to be converted to a BIS plan.

Please tell us the unlocked 9900 is not from T-mobile.
    otherwise you will NEVER get a 3G with AT&T.. not in this lifetime due to difference in 3G frequency.

are you getting your emails pushed to you right now?
    10-16-11 02:25 PM
    It is from T-Mobile. Luckily, I got it for free from a friend. I guess I will just get it switched over to BIS tomorrow and just hold onto it for a little while until ATT comes out with the Bold 9900 and just buy it I guess. Really got no other choice. I'm just lucky I paid 0 for this one. Everything is always too good to be true I guess! I am getting emails, but using a Gmail APP
    10-16-11 02:34 PM
    It is from T-Mobile. Luckily, I got it for free from a friend. I guess I will just get it switched over to BIS tomorrow and just hold onto it for a little while until ATT comes out with the Bold 9900 and just buy it I guess. Really got no other choice. I'm just lucky I paid 0 for this one. Everything is always too good to be true I guess! I am getting emails, but using a Gmail APP
    Congratulations on the FREE phone.. nothing beats Free in my book.

There you go. 3G question answered.
    if you remember your sign in name for AT&T's BIS you can actually do it online.

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=mycingular
    10-16-11 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD