Does somebody else experienced this kind of problem?
    It's not phone hardware issue, nor software, as it happen on any OS 7.0 or 7.1 and in 6 tested phones.
    It works fine only on 2G or 3G, but problem occur only on 2G+3G mode.
    Even we changed 4 different types of SIM cards, any other SIM from any BB user doesn't have this problem, only my SIM.
    My wife have the same phone and no problems at all.
    I am on Vodafone Croatia (Vipnet) - my phone with SIM is at Vipnet on testing.
    See enclosed video:
    01-27-12 07:47 AM
    I have the same problem on 7.1.0.205

I just downgraded to 7.1.0.190 as I didn't experience this problem before
    Unfortunately, this is happening to me regardless on OS, but ONLY when I am on 2G+3G. Everything is fine when on 2G or 3G.
    Had no problem with Bold 9700.
    Vodafone Croatia is still working on this issue and already explain everything in details to RIM, we still waiting their reply.
    Will keep you posted as soon as will have final solution.
    Vodafone checked complete network, including base stations where I am living and everything is OK - they suspect that is hardware issue. They told me I am not the only one in Croatia anymore with this issue.
    02-07-12 12:32 PM
    It's most likely a hardware issue that causing this problem. Ask for a replacement!
    02-07-12 12:39 PM
    It's most likely a hardware issue that causing this problem. Ask for a replacement!
    I did and Vodafone confirms, but they are trying to get BB not made in Mexico 5 like this one.
    02-07-12 12:48 PM
    Have the same problem with my phone. I called my carrier and they said they are working on this in the moment. Hope it will work again, soon....

And I hope this time it is not the phone....
    02-07-12 02:44 PM
    Have the same problem with my phone. I called my carrier and they said they are working on this in the moment. Hope it will work again, soon....

And I hope this time it is not the phone....
    Do you have any info/opinion from your carrier on what might be the cause of this issue?
    02-08-12 12:36 AM
    What are your carriers and where is your phone produced?
    02-08-12 12:37 AM
    I am also waiting for an official answer on this issue.

My fiance's 9900 exactly has the same problem. Full connection but no BIS, thus, no BBM or push email and etc.

Only a battery pull remedies it but should not be the case though.
    02-08-12 03:50 AM
    I, on Vodaone DE, think my phone is made in Mexico

--> it works again, but instead of a 3G a 3g is displayed. Does that mean anything?
    02-08-12 03:53 AM
    I, on Vodaone DE, think my phone is made in Mexico

--> it works again, but instead of a 3G a 3g is displayed. Does that mean anything?
    Yes, whenever it shows small "g", instead of big "G", it means you have not connected on BIS/BES. For proper working, you should have big letters (EDGE, 3G) and BB logo (only when 3G is activated, otherwise, when on EDGE, it doesn't have BB logo).
    Last edited by babaroga; 02-08-12 at 04:07 AM.
    02-08-12 04:03 AM
    BIS is still not working.....
    02-08-12 07:34 PM
    BIS is still not working.....
    Unfortunately, you have same issue as I, described on my video in the first page of this tread. You should make similar video like I did and put a claim to Vodafone DE.
    02-09-12 02:21 AM
    did u solve ur issue, i have same now . was working then lost bis
    02-09-12 11:11 AM
    did u solve ur issue, i have same now . was working then lost bis
    No, not yet, everything is going too slow thanks to RIM - will inform everybody when will have some news.
    02-09-12 11:55 AM
    My g/f had no BIS or 3g sense last night and thought it may be a carrier issue. When I got to her house this morning I did some trouble shooting it turns out her data services had been turned off. She has no reason to do that and don't think she would know how if she did. I asked her how long it has been sense she reset it and it had been quite a while. Wondering if the phone started running out of memory and shut them down on its own. So you folks might take a look at that just to be sure.
    02-09-12 12:03 PM
    My g/f had no BIS or 3g sense last night and thought it may be a carrier issue. When I got to her house this morning I did some trouble shooting it turns out her data services had been turned off. She has no reason to do that and don't think she would know how if she did. I asked her how long it has been sense she reset it and it had been quite a while. Wondering if the phone started running out of memory and shut them down on its own. So you folks might take a look at that just to be sure.
    No, lack of memory doesn't have nothing with this problem.
    02-09-12 12:32 PM
    My 9900 is on 2g Edge pretty much all the time otherwise I cannot use it. When on 3/4g Rogers my signal is so poor that texts and emails "hang" then time out. Rogers says it's an OS7 issue, and they hope 7.1 fixes it...............although Rogers is slow to release the update, so I just sit an wait. I also think there is an issue with poor Rogers signal in my area, because others on others platforms tell me they also have a weak signal. But their phones at least still function.
    02-09-12 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD